• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what are you currently reading?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Finished The Great Train Robbery. It definitely picked up towards the end of the book. Not one of my favorite Michael Crichton books, but it was a nice easy read.

The next book of his that I read was Disclosure, about harassment cases in businesses, how they're used, and what happens after. And this one was interesting because of the role reversal Crichton used in it. There's not a lot of high-paced, real action scenes, but the main character is interesting, and to see how the case will end for him kept me reading. Finished that book in a few days.

Now I'm reading Warriors: Into the Wild by Erin Hunter, the first book of the Warriors series. I just started it today, so I haven't read too much of it. It's a big change in writing style, I will say that.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
    Years
    I've been obsessed with The Hunger Games & Catching Fire...I'm in love with the characters :D Ahh Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Haymitch... They're all so likable. I've been rereading the series for the past couple of weeks. It's like I can't get enough of it.

Silver

Kyle
    Years
    im reading Pawn of Prophecy by david eddings. my friend recommended it, its very good. ^_^
    Seconding this, and you should read all of the Belgaraid Quintet, and the sequal Mallorean set. Both amazing story lines if you like fantasy.

I've been obsessed with The Hunger Games & Catching Fire...I'm in love with the characters :D Ahh Katniss, Peeta, Gale, Haymitch... They're all so likable. I've been rereading the series for the past couple of weeks. It's like I can't get enough of it.

Gotta agree with this too, was a really easy read, I did each in about a day cause I couldn't seem to put them down. Either way definitely worth a look at if you haven't already.

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Currently, I'm re-reading To Kill a Mockingbird for my English Lit exam next week. After that, I plan on reading Uncle Tom's Cabin which has been sat on my shelf for two years and has never been opened, so it's my aim for the summer. :)

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
    Nineteen Eighty-Four. I'm actually reading this by choice for an independent study unit in English class. I just loves me some political themed novels.

I finished that last Friday. Now it's one of my new favorite books :P
    It's amazing.

Went to Borders today and picked up J.L. Bournes 'Day by Day Armageddon' and Richard Mathesons 'I Am Legend'.

Starting I Am Legend tomorrow.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    i started beastly by alex flinn. its been on my to read list for quite a while. its really good so far.

Years
    East of Eden.
    it's really good!
    (I think it's for college-age people though.)
    I'm almost finished with it.

I'm gonna read all the other Steinbeck books, too!
    Steinbeck... *froths at mouth* If I never read another Steinbeck book it'll be too soon.

I'm reading A History of the World in 10½ Chapters by Julian Barnes. I picked it up randomly in a used book store. It's a little weird, but it has good writing.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    In the last 2 days, I've readen:
    Darren Shan - Cirque Du Freak
    Darren Shan - Vampire's Assistant
    Darren Shan - Blood Tunnels

And I'm currently reading:
    Darren Shan - Vampire Mountain.

They're pretty entertaining and great. I got spoiled about the death of one of my favorite characters by a friend, though it dies in book 11, and I just want to se why and how it dies...

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    In the last 2 days, I've readen:
    Darren Shan - Cirque Du Freak
    Darren Shan - Vampire's Assistant
    Darren Shan - Blood Tunnels

And I'm currently reading:
    Darren Shan - Vampire Mountain.

They're pretty entertaining and great. I got spoiled about the death of one of my favorite characters by a friend, though it dies in book 11, and I just want to se why and how it dies...

those are really good books i have read the entire series. the last book is really wierd tho.

anyway i am reading eternal by cynthia leitich smith.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
    Stephen King - IT.

Three words: WHY. SO. MASSIVE. I managed to read the unabridged version of The Stand in a week, but IT has taken me a fortnight so far and I'm only on page...396. It is a masterful piece of work and the level of detail is incredible, but I see myself still reading this at Christmas. XD

Back