• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BareBones

The kids are all messed up.
Years
  • I'm currently reading Warcraft: War of the Ancients. The archive, but I'm on the final book in that. So I suppose what I'm reading is The Sundering.

It's a good book, I don't believe Richard A. Knaak is the best author, but the stories he writes are still interesting to read. I mostly picked it up to continue to expand my knowledge on the lore of Warcraft, as I roleplay on the MMO World of Warcraft, but I in no way regret picking it up.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I just picked up The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski from the library, which looked like a good read. After looking it up online and seeing a lot of reader reviews, I'm a little turned off that I got this over the other book I was contemplating on getting. Hopefully my opinion will side with the review of Stephen King published on the back.
    I couldn't get into it. So I took it back and took out four books. They are:

Shelter Me - Alex McAulay
    The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho
    Hero - Perry Moore
    An Abundance of Katherines - John Green

Most excited to read An Abundance of Katherines and Hero the most. Paper Towns was one of my favorite books. Haven't read Green's first novel yet, and his latest one (I forget the name of it) wasn't very good. I didn't make it past chapter 3 without losing interest.

Edit: Ahhh. I went to check out Shelter Me, The Alchemist and Hero and they said I had Looking for Alaska by John Green on hold as well!! So, adding that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wansen

Regal Bryant
    Years
  • A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Two, A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin.
    Oh man so far it's really good. Though I havn't read a lot of it yet, I'm enjoying it a whole lot! I love the Starks so much.

Years
  • I'm reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. I picked it up a few weeks ago and read the first 50 pages and then... stopped. I don't know why. Now I'm starting it over again and it's a pretty good read like everyone who I've talked to who's read it says. Pretty sure it's going to be something I'll recommend to people, too.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • A Dog's Purpose, by W. Bruce Cameron. My aunt gave this book to me to honor the memory of her dog, who died over the summer.

Jarred0809

The Eternal Lurker
    Years
  • I'm reading The War Of The Ancients. Even if you aren't a fan of the franchise, it's a great book. Right up there on my top 10 with LOTR and Harry Potter.

Years
  • I'm currently reading Jurassic Park. You know the one by Michael Chrichton. His writing style is so simple, and concise... I love it. It is so refreshing after reading a bunch of role play posts/books where the author seems to think the determining factor of whether a story is good or not is based entirely in how articulate/long/poetic their descriptions of things are.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I just started reading Norwegian Wood by Murakami. I wanted to get 1Q84 which is his most current book but my bookstore only sold it in hardcover, so i'm waiting until I can get it in paperback. I don't like books that are hardcover :/

This will be my third Murakami book, I've already read The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle and Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World. Wind-Up Bird is now one of my favorite books ever and Hard-Boiled was alright. It was a quick read but not my favorite. We'll see how Norwegian Wood goes :)

Technically, I'm also reading a book about Sikh militancy for my religion and politics class as well. But I don't like to include school reading too much because it's not what i'm reading for fun D:

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    Seriously I'm reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I know its all late to be reading this book when the movie has already come out ,but I had set a deadline to finish the book and didn't follow through. So I'm stuck reading it. So far I'm a the chapter where Moody helped Harry in that scene after Harry just came out from his bath.

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I have just finished reading Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson And The Last Olympian.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I am currently reading the latest chapter of Fairy Tail. Hope it counts here too. :3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'm re-reading the Mortal Instruments series, and currently I'm on City of Bones. Hopefully I'll be getting the new editions and I'll be able read those soon.

Years
  • Currently I have 3 books on my reading list(Yes I read books all at the same time, is there a problem?). xD

The first is Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, which was recommended to me by a good friend. The book (in a series, the Fablehaven series) is a bestseller so I say, why not give this a go? I've been an avid fantasy reader since...I started to love books. And my parents have been complaining that I should widen my authors' circle and read books from other writers to learn their different writing style. All the more reason to pick this book up and I'm enjoying it~! :D

The next two are from my favourite mystery author....*drum rolls*..... AGATHA CHRISTIE!!! She is one of the people that inspire me in life, along with Jodi Picoult, and I love all of her novels especially those Miss Marple and Hercules Poirot ones. I'll have them anytime than Sherlock Holmes. xP I'm reading one Hercules Poirot book titled "Murder in the Mews" and the Miss Marple one is "Nemesis". If you like mystery and solving crimes but have yet to find any novel that's interesting and thrilling with suspense, I -strongly- urge you to borrow any book by Agatha Christie. I mean, she's not the Queen of Crime for nothing! XD

Retro Gamer'93

Pokemon Master of Kanto
    Years
  • A Song of Ice and Fire: Book Two, A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin.
    Oh man so far it's really good. Though I havn't read a lot of it yet, I'm enjoying it a whole lot! I love the Starks so much.

I borrowed the first book from a friend and it was awesome. Trying to find the money to get the next book but right now I'm heading for the next book in the Inheritance cycle so...

Also, I'm currently reading:

-Eldest by Christopher Paolini
    -The Prodigal Mage by Karen Miller(I wanted to get the whole set including the first two books but I was only able to get the books after Innocent and Awakened Mage)
    -Shadow's Edge by Brent Weeks

Doing a run in Barnes & Nobles next week to get Inheritance and maybe a few others, I swear I salivate whenever I go into that place.

I'm re-reading the Mortal Instruments series, and currently I'm on City of Bones. Hopefully I'll be getting the new editions and I'll be able read those soon.

Are those books any good? I just finished Clockwork Angel in the Infernal Devices Series which is by the same author. My high school library has the books so I've been wanting to know if they're any good.

Last edited:

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • 1Q84 is so hypnotically compelling at the moment. It's about split-narratives and assassins and supernatural stuff happening with the moon and a George Orwell pastiche and it's all so interesting! Currently I'm one-third of the way through - finished the first 'book' out of three - but I'm glad I'm not rushing the reading of this book as I do so often (helloooooo, Game of Thrones), as there's such beauty in the language and the character development. I sort of don't want it to end, in a weird way, which is certainly a good thing to say about it.

MuffinPaula

「PONPON!? ??
    Years
  • I am currently reading Matched (forgot the author) It's really good so far.. It's about this girl who's getting matched and on the screen her Match is her long friend Xander but then another guy pops up named Ky.

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I miss Harry Potter. :'o

Finally got my Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban Book after it had been lost for a few months now, it was on my sister's cabinet. Weirddd ~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back