• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you currently reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeGirlX

Banned
Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    I'm currently reading the classic Nineteen Eighty Four by George Orwell

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I am currently reading the Bible, but I am going to take a break soon and read something else because reading it the whole way through is going to take me a really long time.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • I'm about to finish "One" by David Karp.
    If you're a fan of dystopian novels (1984, A Clockwork Orange, Fahrenheit 451, A Brave New World) you should read this.

It has a classic dystopian outline, with the totalitarian government suppressing individuality, and the psychology and dialogue are fantastic.

Years
  • I just finished The Solitaire Mystery by Jostein Gaarder this morning. I really enjoyed it although not as much as the first time I read it. Normally I don't reread books, but I'm in the mood for it for whatever reason. I'm thinking of rereading Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto next. Love that book. The words are just so fluid and natural it's hard not to read it once you've opened it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I am currently reading The Necromancer, the fourth book in the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series. The first book wasn't too great, but I really fell in love with the characters, so I kept reading and absolutely loved the second book. Am breezing through this one at a decent pace and hope to finish it in a week or so.

I've joined a 50 book challenge and want to get as close to that number as I can, but it's a little difficult at times. With having to study so much, it often feels tiring to go back to read, even if it's just for fun, but there are those books that really do a lot to hook me in. I'm seven books into my reading list for the year, so I think I'm going along at a decent pace.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2011
    I am currently reading Alice's Through the Looking Glass for my book report finished the first book.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i am currently reading the first book in the chicagoland vampires series Some girls bite i dont remember who its by at the moment tho

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hossein. such a sad book, even half way through my heart broke a million times

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm juuust about at the end of Lightning by Dean Koontz. No, I'm not that self-absorbed! My mom borrowed it from a co-worker and insisted I read it. It's been a good read--I like this type of book--but it's starting to drag on a bit too much. u_u;

Junes

showers of sunlight's divine
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2011
    Dipping and dabbing here and there, to and fro.

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert Pirsig. Lovely.
    How to Live Safely in a Science Fictional Universe, Charles Yu. Funny.
    The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin. Helpful.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns, such a good book. even though it was really sad throughout, the ending is amazing and makes up for all the sadness.

looking for a new book to read, something relevant to today or completely out of this world, anyone have any recommendations?

Lambda

Boss of Team Plasma
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2011
    100 year of solitude it a extremely interesting book book written by this very intelligent chilian writer

Years
  • The Five Greatest Warriors - Matthew Reilly

It's hard to follow, because it's been so long since I read the last one. Nevertheless, it's a good book.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • i am currently reading the wise mans fear by patrick rothfuss i have been waiting forever for this book to come out and it is so very amazing

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
    Years
  • I'm currently reading Aliens vs Predator: Hunter's Planet by David Bischoff an hoefully I'm gonna read the next book in the series.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back