• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you doing with your life?

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
    I think so. Many of us may choose to contribute to society, but that doesn't mean those who refrain are wasting their lives; as long as they feel that they're doing something worthwhile, I think that's really all that matters. You don't have to be a saint in order to live a worthwhile life.
    Eh, I don't really feel like arguing right now so I'll just say that you may be right, but we can't be sure and my view on life is also Fifty-fifty correctat best.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
    As with any animal, mankind's purpose is to reproduce and spawn millions of baby humans in order to prolong the reign of the species.

As humans, we delude ourselves that we have some purpose, but this is simply because we are sapient. We give ourselves delusions of grandeur and pretend to be better than other animals just because we have sufficient technology to dominate them.

Now I sound like an animal rights activist, or an environmentalist. I'm neither. I'm just a realist and an evolutionist.

I spend my life outside of school behind a computer screen. At school, I go about my studies dutifully, even if not with vigour, studying towards my NCEA and IGCSE qualifications so that I can go to university, so that I can get a job and labour for a few bits of paper that are meaningless in the grand scheme of things, but human society have made necessary.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I think I'm doing quite a bit with my life, actually..
    Recently I just got an interview for BlackRock Studio in England. I hope to get the offer!

In my 3rd year of college.. Co-Directing a short film for our group, too.

:3 And I have a special someone whom I hope to meet soon and we're working hard towards a future together.

Doing a bunch of other stuff, too. :3

I'm pretty ambitious so I'm trying my hardest to work towards my own personal goals.

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    Right now I'm just focusing on trying to pass all of my classes. I've got friends, I hang out with them.

In the future, I want to be either something having to do with animals, or an archaeologist.

..I ramble.

reyzn

Years
    I'm in my third year of nursing school, one more year to go yay.
    Pokemon is just my stress reliever.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
    Working 50-60 hours a week and still can't make ends meet.
    I need to go back to school and work towards becoming a teacher.
    Financial Aid wouldn't be so bad right now either.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    I am cutting through life with the blade of motivation fired by inspiration and tempered by failure!

Okay, so my life isn't that interesting. Right now I'm just trying to get through college without letting the stress damage me permanently.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    Well I'm in high school, work at a small restaurant and go out with friends every weekend. So I'm enjoying life, though at times school gets abit much.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    A bitter thing to start off with on a question. Me, I'm looking into writing a book about Animal Body Language. To teach people more about how to come off friendly to an animal, and what makes them feel threatened. And how to survive attacks without causing damage to the animal. Do I have a social life? Not really. I've four friends, one being 3,287 miles away. What I set out to do, I do it with vigor. I don't base my life off of how many things I'm studying, or how many friends I have, or how many times I pray. One, I don't praying will do much good, other than asking for forgiveness of your imperfections. Praying things will go your way is rather sloth-like, and I believe God only helps those that help themselves. I base my life on how helpful I am to the progression of knowledge. I may only be wasting my life if I die before my book is finished.

This is my opinion, however, you are free to reject it.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    I'm a normal teenager. I deal with drama, text, wreak havoc on unsuspecting WalMart customers...

I got to church every Sunday(Not in the morning. Youth Group at night) and hang out with my friends.

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    Currently, I wake up feeling like ****, go to school feeling like ****, go home feeling like ****, kick the soccer ball around feeling like ****, go to bed feeling like ****, and then repeat that whole process. 'Best years of my life' my balls.

Though within the last week I decided to quit behaving like a 12 year old girl and punched a locker, looked on the sunny side, went out and applied for some jobs, and then partied. It didn't work.

'--What with the poor local job market, and the fact that Maryland's education system is designed so that the average student will only get accepted to in-state universities, but guess when the state government decides to tell us seniors this: right when we're getting rejection letters up the ass from colleges! Hooray Maryland! I'm glad I applied to only two Maryland schools!--'

I've wanted to improve the lives of kids in this country by becoming a teacher, but apparently the country wants me to be another griping bullet cushion working at a dead-end job with a pregnant girlfriend and living off credit cards. I never thought I'd say this, but if it wasn't for MLS, my friends, and cousins, I'd hate my life a lot more then I already do.

Hm, it felt pretty good getting this off my shoulders.

Last edited:

luf100

Team Rocket Grunt
    Years
    Also I've been thinking about which colleges I might want to go to. Even though I have no desire to go to college, but whatever. I'm thinking if I have to go I might as well go far. I've had California on my mind for a while, but I'm still not sure. I really don't even know what I want to be for certain. I'd love to just marry rich and mooch off them for the rest of my life, but I figure I shouldn't put all my hopes on that.
    Pretty much this...

I don't want to just go to university/college and get a job and go to it every day and that's my life. I want to actually do things. Sadly it's harder than it sounds to just go off and do things. Right now I'm in my last year of high school, so I'm (kind of) focused on that right now.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    Even though I don't live in a basement with every game system ever made and 40 computers, much of my time is spent gaming. I never see my in-school friends outside of school, and my friends from other schools I don't see much(but Facebook FTW).
    I have few friends at school, and they're fairly low on the social ladder. Simply put, in the battle for social status that occurred in middle school, I lost.
    I may go to college, but TBH I never get straight A's, or even always A's and B's. I'm only in sophomore year, but that combined with me never having done any sports because I suck at most of them and don't know how to play the rest makes me doubt that any college will ever accept me.
    Love life? **** it to hell, nothing ever works out, I can't even get phone numbers anymore. One of several efforts in life I've simply abandoned due to my own ineptitude.
    BUT
    I was reading before most other kids, I went and learned nearly everything there was to know about dinosaurs before I was 9, I usually excel in science and history, I have been told I have great ability when it comes to public speaking, and some aptitude tests I've taken show I wouldn't be half bad at advertising. So at this point, my life could well go either way. No reason to stop hoping.

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
    I'm a normal teenager really just trying to have as much fun as I possibly can (if I'm not to lazy to do so) with friends and family while concentrating on my school work. I'm deciding what collage I'm going to, though I'm not sure which yet. But I'm soon choosing my options soon so I'm giving that a big think over. I know that I am choosing Art so yeah....that's a start. Yay!

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    I have a lot of purpose in life. I get really irritable otherwise. I try to keep myself as preoccupied with stuff as possible, mainly for health reasons that I'm not interested in disclosing.

With my life right now, I'm finishing my four classes that I'm taking via online right now, I plan on finishing this summer and taking my remaining classes required to graduate, so I'll graduate high school around this Novemberish, and after that I plan on college scouting the region for one, hopefully in Chicago but if all else fails in southwest Michigan so that I'm within frequent-visiting range of Chicago at least but with in-state tuition.

Oh, but at the moment I'm going through some ACT prep workshops because I plan on taking the ACT sometime this summer - hopefully between my class schedules for maximum study-age, but if I bomb those (which I'm dreading), I will likely retake them again later this fall before I graduate, then just go from there.

Right now I'm actually in an "indecisive" fix, which it doesn't really sound like.

And my social life is healthy. I spend a lot of time on the computer for school reasons and the fact that I live in deep country, but go out almost every weekend into the metro.

/lifestory

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
    Well I'm currently in my last year of school and have made A's and B's throughout the school years. Although I busted my butt I have a decent social life, you know going out with friends, having my girlfriend drag me into movies that always make me look inside my pants to make sure I'm still a man, and getting mad at my parents. I am planning on becoming a lawyer even though it takes like 8 years to get a master's degree but I've been told that I am a very persuasive speaker and a competent debater.

Years
    I honestly have no life right now. I'm pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel. I got laid off last year and haven't found a job since, I still live at home, I have no friends, my Dad passed away 6 months ago, my self esteem is non-existent, I have some thoughts of suicide, I have no self worth and I fear what the future holds for me.

I wish my brother still had that handgun he taunted me with when I was younger.

Back