• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: What are you hoping for?

Years
    • Seen Apr 12, 2021
    What I'm hoping for is a difficulty curve like that of Black 2/White 2. I don't know why but it needs to improve Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon during the post-game when battling against the elite 4 and defending your champion title or even against the trial captains and the kahunas. Secondly, there should be access to unexplored places such as the golf course on Akala Island and a new island where people can connect and build their own island with many attractions and buildings. Finally, we should be allowed to travel to the Kanto region like that of HG/SS and collect badges and enter the Pokemon League while checking up on Lillie and her mother Lusamine. Mohn from Poke Pelago can actually come to Kanto with Gladion in the post game and reconnect with his family.

Years
  • What I'm hoping for is a difficulty curve like that of Black 2/White 2. I don't know why but it needs to improve Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon during the post-game when battling against the elite 4 and defending your champion title or even against the trial captains and the kahunas. Secondly, there should be access to unexplored places such as the golf course on Akala Island and a new island where people can connect and build their own island with many attractions and buildings. Finally, we should be allowed to travel to the Kanto region like that of HG/SS and collect badges and enter the Pokemon League while checking up on Lillie and her mother Lusamine. Mohn from Poke Pelago can actually come to Kanto with Gladion in the post game and reconnect with his family.

When you think about it, S/M's main story actually did have some difficulty to it with stuff like trainers and Pokemon with competitive-level movesets. There's also some regular trainers packing scary Z-Moves, and the Elite Four all having maxed IVs and EVs in some stats.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • When you think about it, S/M's main story actually did have some difficulty to it with stuff like trainers and Pokemon with competitive-level movesets. There's also some regular trainers packing scary Z-Moves, and the Elite Four all having maxed IVs and EVs in some stats.

That didn't stop them from having only three moves and wasting a moveslot in their first run-through, which sorta killed the difficulty. Hopefully they one-up this and actually use all four moves this time around, or even have the more difficult trainers use Smogon tactics like Stealth Rock and subseeding.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Skippable cutscenes and tutorial, challenge mode, Battle Frontier, and an amount of content that's on par with BW2, HGSS, etc. I doubt any of this will happen though. They've already had three chances (XY, ORAS, SM) to implement most of this stuff.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    If there's anything I want postgame, it's more places to grind levels! I am so sick of having to battle the Elite Four over and over again.
    Agreed. In SM, it was annoying that the restaurant and the GF trainer are only battle once per day. The trainers in the restaurant only use one pokemon which is disappointing.

We definitely need better methods of training our pokemon.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Agreed. In SM, it was annoying that the restaurant and the GF trainer are only battle once per day. The trainers in the restaurant only use one pokemon which is disappointing.

We definitely need better methods of training our pokemon.

And to make matters worse, the games use the Gen V EXP algorithm, which makes it much harder to train higher level Pokemon. What I usually do is run through the E4 once and then finish it off in Poni Plains because you can fly straight to it and there's a grass patch near the landing spot. Hopefully they give us more rebattling trainers around the overworld, or maybe drop the EXP system altogether and revert to the previous generation one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Skippable cutscenes and tutorial, challenge mode, Battle Frontier, and an amount of content that's on par with BW2, HGSS, etc. I doubt any of this will happen though. They've already had three chances (XY, ORAS, SM) to implement most of this stuff.

THIS. Especially skippable cutscenes, the ones in SM were horrible!

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I'm hoping for more music... The Trainer Encounter theme got old fast, I'm hoping for different encounter themes for different Trainer Classes...

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    I'm hoping for less Shiny locks. Shiny hunting is no fun in SuMo because the single Legend and all those UBs are Shiny Locked. The Tapus are as well, and they have some very sweet Shiny formes, and I hope they don't only distribute them via Events...that would make Shiny Hunt as much pointless as in SuMo

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    And while we're at it, they can let us visit a redone version of Emerald's Battle Frontier using this concept, meaning that the Battle Frontier will no longer be a lost concept missing in OR/AS. What they could do is after the champion is beaten, a wormhole is discovered on one of the islands, that just so happens to take the player to Hoenn (original), or more specifically, the Battle Frontier. While we're at it though, they can also let us explore the rest of the original Hoenn! If they do that I will cry.

So obviously as i have mentioned so many times before Battle Frontier is the one feature that I want returned to the Franchise. However reading how you thought they could expand on how to return the Frontier to the Franchise got me thinking about something that I read in another thread that I thought was genius.

So what I read in the other thread was this (I can't remember who posted this idea, but it's a fantastic idea and whoever came up with it deserves full credit):
    Battle Frontier can return because of the significant return of Anabel.

Anabel was one of the most important Frontier Brains of the Battle Frontier. She was the Brain of the Battle Tower and besides running the entire Battle Tower it was also heavily implied that she helped create the Battle Frontier as well along with the other Frontier Brains.
    In Su/Mo she returns and explains that she was originally the Brain of the Battle Tower but had lost her memories between running the Frontier in Hoenn and having appeared on the Shores of Alola. The Agency she ends up joining finds out that she had disappeared into an Ultra Wormhole during the time involved with the gap in her memories.
    Once you have captured and/or rid Alola of all of the dangerous Ultra Beasts, the Police Headquarters gives both Looker and Anabel paid leave until they are to be given further orders for new missions. Considering Anabel chooses at the end of all of this to instead of going home, decides to stay around Alola for an undefined point of time. This could easily be the segue needed to have her establish a new Battle Frontier with possibly new Frontier Brains in Alola.

Game Freak practically set up the background story needed to build a new Battle Frontier already whether intentional or not. I'm not saying that this set up is absolutely confirming that we'll get a new Battle Frontier, but considering how easily they set up a plot line that could easily allow them to insert Battle Frontier without any further explanation necessary, I think that this allows the idea of Battle Frontier returning a realistic possibility. If Game Freak really wanted an excuse to try inserting the Battle Frontier again into a new game, I feel like that USM would be the perfect game to do it in.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    This is more general musing....but I wish there was a method to catch Pokemon that evolved at an earlier level than their species usually does.

Like being able to catch a Larvesta that evolves earlier than level 59. They could even do it as a pseudo regional form, like just hand wave it that certain Pokemon evolve earlier or later depending on the region they're found in.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who gets turned off training a Pokemon in the story playthrough because they evolve so late.

(I love Unova but it went a bit cuckoo with the evolution levels)

Last edited:

thedarkdragon11

New World Pirate
    Years
    • Non-Gen. 1 Alola forms (the only possible among my list)
    • Battle Tree with more old characters
    • Another pseudo-legendary Pok?mon which is not a Dragon-type
    • Mega Evolution from Gen. 5-7 species (plus Dragonite, Slowking, Milotic, Froslass)
    • Gen. 2 and 4 starters Mega Evolution and/or exclusive Z-moves (especially for Meganium)

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • New Alolan forms. I dont care of what pokemon, but I want them lol. The Johto starters seems like a cool idea, but not necessary in my opinion.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • I want Mega Evolutions for Creselia, sol Rock and Lunatone.

OH, and Alola Forms for

Corsola
    Goldeen and Seaking
    Horsea and Seadra and Seaking

Last edited:
    Back