• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: What are you hoping for?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
Years
  • I want Mega Evolutions for Creselia, sol Rock and Lunatone.

I...actually don't think they'll add new megas anymore, because that was Gen VI's shtick. It appears they're now focusing on Z-moves as the main shtick of this generation, and also there's the fact that the Rotom dex paints a dark light on mega evolution, in that it actually does more harm to the Pokemon rather than tie in with the theme of bonds that was all over the previous gen.

Years
  • I want to have HA of Alolan starters

I want this too, because imagine how useful Intimidate Incineroar and Long Reach Decidueye would be competitively since they're outshined by Primarina in the competitive department at the moment. But knowing me, they're probably going to be locked behind an event similar to how Unova's starters didn't get their HAs officially released until an event in OR/AS.

HeroLinik

Years
  • I want this too, because imagine how useful Intimidate Incineroar and Long Reach Decidueye would be competitively since they're outshined by Primarina in the competitive department at the moment. But knowing me, they're probably going to be locked behind an event similar to how Unova's starters didn't get their HAs officially released until an event in OR/AS.

Actually, Long Reach won't really do much on Decidueye aside from simply circumvent Garchomp's and Ferrothorn's abilities, which both can overwhelm it. Liquid Voice, on the other hand, will most likely make a splash (pun intended) in VGC or simply DOU, because its main Normal-type spread move will end up getting boosted by STAB, so it'll essentially just be a Water-type version of Aerilate, but with sound-based moves and without the 20% boost. Even in UU as well Primarina will end up being a threat, and while it outclasses Sylveon right now, that will probably put the kibosh on its time in UU, and it'll probably rise to OU as a result, where it'll end up threatening the likes of Garchomp and Lando-T.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Liquid Voice would have a niche in doubles since Hyper Voice only hits both opponents, unlike Sparkling Aria which hits everyone except the user. Sylveon does still have its own niche with Hyper Voice, thanks to Pixilate's power boost though Primarina does threaten it as a usable Fairy-type.

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    I really want HA starters the most, they've had multiple chances to make them events, such as the movie or the TCG boxes, so I'm really hoping they were just saving them for USUM. I really need Intimidate Incineroar in my life, please game freak let us use the Alola starters at their full potential before we leave Alola.

Actually, Long Reach won't really do much on Decidueye aside from simply circumvent Garchomp's and Ferrothorn's abilities, which both can overwhelm it. Liquid Voice, on the other hand, will most likely make a splash (pun intended) in VGC or simply DOU, because its main Normal-type spread move will end up getting boosted by STAB, so it'll essentially just be a Water-type version of Aerilate, but with sound-based moves and without the 20% boost. Even in UU as well Primarina will end up being a threat, and while it outclasses Sylveon right now, that will probably put the kibosh on its time in UU, and it'll probably rise to OU as a result, where it'll end up threatening the likes of Garchomp and Lando-T.

I doubt Primarina's HA is going to do too much for her, the only move she has that takes advantage of it is Hyper Voice, a 90 Base power spread sound move, and she already gets a water type move that's nearly identical in Sparkling Aria, only difference is it doesn't hit the Ally.
    Making one specific move not hit an Ally is not much of a mayor improvement, it's nice to have regardless, but I feel like the other two need their abilities a lot more. (Primarina is pretty good on her own regardless)

Decidueye gets to avoid damage from Rocky helemt, Rough Skin and iron barbs, aswell as doing regular damage to fur coat and fluffy user, and also avoids getting statuses from flame body, static, poison touch, tangling hair and all those Haxy abilities. Situational, but pretty useful regardless, I've lost a couple of battles because of badly timed static paralisis or flame body's effects.

Incineroar's Intimidate is going to be awesome because his movepool is perfect for it (Mostly VGC/doubles), he gets both Fake Out and U-turn, both extremelly useful moves for Intimidate users (And as far as I know, he is the only one to get both of them), aswell as some other annoying support moves like Snarl.
    As of now he doesn't really stand out, but when he gets his HA he is gonna be grrrrreat!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Not being forced to hit your ally while hitting both opposing 'mons is pretty good imo tho, means you don't have to select Protect (or eat the hit) when making use of your spread Water STAB.

Really though most abilities are better than Blaze/Torrent/Overgrow, so yes plz to Alola starters getting their HAs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Something that I just keep finding myself wanting is more area for the games. I loved Sun and Moon so much, probably because of the massively improved story, but the Alola region feels a bit restricted and small. One of my favorite regions was the original GBA Hoenn because the vastness of the water routes - and the huge rainforest routes - made the world feel huge, even as a 2D handheld game. In a time in which open world games are so much more popular and common now, Alola just feels so small - how can we make it feel bigger, more worthy of exploration?

HeroLinik

Years
  • Something that I just keep finding myself wanting is more area for the games. I loved Sun and Moon so much, probably because of the massively improved story, but the Alola region feels a bit restricted and small. One of my favorite regions was the original GBA Hoenn because the vastness of the water routes - and the huge rainforest routes - made the world feel huge, even as a 2D handheld game. In a time in which open world games are so much more popular and common now, Alola just feels so small - how can we make it feel bigger, more worthy of exploration?

Well, we've got Mantine surfing, which is pretty much soaring but across the water around the islands, not on the islands themselves, and that basically makes all this water a part of the region rather than just filler to make the region feel "huge". The problem is that aside from the minigame, there's no incentive to surf because Charizard appears to be more convenient. I think they'll probably add something like dive spots or even legendaries to make this more worthwhile, but we don't know yet.

Years
  • Well, we've got Mantine surfing, which is pretty much soaring but across the water around the islands, not on the islands themselves, and that basically makes all this water a part of the region rather than just filler to make the region feel "huge". The problem is that aside from the minigame, there's no incentive to surf because Charizard appears to be more convenient. I think they'll probably add something like dive spots or even legendaries to make this more worthwhile, but we don't know yet.

I'm curious about what the purpose is of scoring points by doing various tricks. I'm going to go off on a limb and say the points serve some purpose or another, otherwise it'd be pointless for Game Freak to include them unless you're competing for sickest surf tricks with your friends.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I'm curious about what the purpose is of scoring points by doing various tricks. I'm going to go off on a limb and say the points serve some purpose or another, otherwise it'd be pointless for Game Freak to include them unless you're competing for sickest surf tricks with your friends.

Maybe it'll be like the photos in S/M and you unlock more tricks after a certain amount of points?

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Well, we've got Mantine surfing, which is pretty much soaring but across the water around the islands, not on the islands themselves, and that basically makes all this water a part of the region rather than just filler to make the region feel "huge". The problem is that aside from the minigame, there's no incentive to surf because Charizard appears to be more convenient. I think they'll probably add something like dive spots or even legendaries to make this more worthwhile, but we don't know yet.

Surfing on a Mantine is a more fun way of travelling than watching a brief cutscene of the player getting on a Charizard.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018

I mean, yes - but I honestly feel like they might use this Surfing thing an excuse to not expand the region very much beyond a few small new areas, which worries me a bit. It's not as though I won't still enjoy the game immensely, but I really do wish there was much more of it.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Daily quests? This will make the game more fun to play repetitively especially
    when you are being assisted by a following npc like from X/Y when Serena follows
    you while infiltrating the Team Flare's base. And an unexpected battles with
    villain group in certain areas even after you finish the storyline. But I really wish
    for Team Rocket's comeback.

Years
    • Seen today
    Being able to see another region. It can be any of them, I don't care. Being able to go to Kanto in gen 2 was the best part for me, even if lots of things were removed.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    A post game area outside alola map be nice. Trial captain battle rematches you can do every day. Alola forms. More ultra beasts.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Pokemon following you. both gyms and the Trials. the return of gold and green. two regions.
    more returning past trainers. more Alola forms.
    It is confirmed Following Pokemon is not returning. Gyms are also not returning. Two regions are not happening again due to problems that it causes. Alola forms are very unlikely especially as there was an interview that said there will be no new alola forms.

Past trainers maybe. I don't see Gold and Green appearing.

Back