• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: What are you hoping for?

pkmin3033

I think really the only way to measure how well the games have done is in lifetime sales...the popularity of titles comes and goes over the years, after all, and it's a difficult thing to measure quantatively.

Gen VI isn't quite as popular now as it was, but that could change over time as more games are released, and a lot of people who dislike Gen VII have become fonder of Gen VI as a result, amongst other things. I actually wonder how USUM will affect the current popularity of SM; whether it will drag the games down by being substantially better, or give people a preference for those titles. It should be interesting to see, depending on which direction they take with the games.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I really don't think these games will sell as well as SM, but that's usually the fate for third game/sequels anyway. Black & White 2 sold half the amount of units than Black & White despite a lot of people saying those were improvements on the originals.

Idk what I'm expecting from these games, but I'm atleast expecting some new areas and a completely new storyline with new characters and an overall better experience in Alola. If they can give the BW2 treatment to these games then I'd be happy with that. Even if they were just like third games that'd be okay, but I am expecting more given that we have two games rather than just one.

Years
  • Honestly all I want right now in USUM is more Alola forms and for the trial captains to have bigger roles. I'd love to see their characters expanded upon (Especially Lana and Mallow). Also Lillie.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    If they are gonna favor gen 1 pokemon for alolan forms again then i don't want it. Gen 2 should get due to G/S on virtual console.

pkmin3033

If they introduce more Alola forms, I don't think they'll be exclusively Gen I again, and I HOPE they won't be exclusively Gen II either. There was a high level of fan-pandering in SM for the first gen, and given it was the 20th anniversary it made a certain amount of sense...but it's not the 20th anniversary any more, so there is no reason they shouldn't branch out.

In fact, I hope they do, because it's weird that only Gen I Pokemon have Alola forms.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Dexnav is a ORAS feature just like walking with pokemon is a HGSS feature. Neither are returning in my opinion.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I did not enjoy online battles in SuMo. I would like better places to level up. Better places to hatch eggs. All my Mega-Stones on cart. Maybe seeing the trainers in battle could be disabled or optional in Double Battles, to avoid fps drops.
    MORE CLOTHES

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I wonder if all the people saying they want a Battle Frontier would actually play it past 1 month after release. I tried getting hype up for Battle Maison and Battle Tree but it seems like nobody actually plays those, so what makes the Battle Frontier different essentially? Are facility's random changes really enough to get people to play them?

I want more of an explanation for Ultra Beasts and I want glaring holes to be fixed. For example, Lillie saying nobody can see Nebby but later he's out of the bag in the middle of a city. Lillie saying she can't take Nebby because she's not a trainer when literally it's not like you need a certificate, all you need is a Pokeball. People saying that Trial Captains decide who gets to go past the gates and only those who have cleared the Trials can go... except for the fact that regular people actially live on the other side? So it's not like they're blocking off dangerous areas like cliffs, they're just blocking the middle of the road. I want an explanation of why Zygarde is in Alola, and why there's such a focus on it and the letter "Z"

I want it to take 10 minutes to get to a Pokemon Center and my starter, not nearly an hour. Kanto isn't really my favorite, so more variety would be nice. Also more variety in clothes! Finally, I want every Pokemon to be obtainable in Apricorn Balls! This includes gen 5-6 legendaries. I think there will probably be a feature like ORAS's to allow for older legendaries to be captured.

pkmin3033

I want it to take 10 minutes to get to a Pokemon Center and my starter, not nearly an hour.
    Oh god, this. This so much.

Going beyond that initial opening sequence, even, SM had the most diabolical pacing imaginable to its story. A lot of modern JRPGs still have problems with cutscene length and pacing, but they at least provide a skip button most of the time, at least after you've seen it once. GF really needs to learn how to tell a story properly, if they are going to insist on this. A more balanced approach to narrative - not lessening it, but spacing it out properly so it doesn't drag out like that awful opening sequence - would be VERY welcome.

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • Oh god, this. This so much.

Going beyond that initial opening sequence, even, SM had the most diabolical pacing imaginable to its story. A lot of modern JRPGs still have problems with cutscene length and pacing, but they at least provide a skip button most of the time, at least after you've seen it once. GF really needs to learn how to tell a story properly, if they are going to insist on this. A more balanced approach to narrative - not lessening it, but spacing it out properly so it doesn't drag out like that awful opening sequence - would be VERY welcome.

I can agree with that, and make the opening cutscene less spoilery please

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I liked the customization options better than XY, but what I didn't like was struggling to find the right Berries to get the dye for a piece of clothing in Poke Pelago... this included trying to grow Berries in Poke Pelago which i was having trouble with as well. It's interesting how the protags' default clothes have changed, I wonder if that means a brand-new selection or something.

Other than that, there's not much I'm hoping for other than it being a true alternate universe like what Masuda said in the video.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • I'd like to see Gyms return, they give you a bit more of an adventure, while we had a great adventure in Alola, it didn't feel complete. Gyms could work well with Trials, it would make the games longer.

I'd like to see Pokémon follow the player again, that was a great feature in Yellow and HG/SS, it would be cute to see Gladion have Type: Null follow him.

Back