• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: What are you hoping for?

Years
  • Ultra Beasts, too. I doubt we'll get any more of those after Gen VII. Some people would call that a good thing, but I think if they properly explored these things and made them feel like part of the franchise as a whole, it'd silence a lot of the critics. The problem is that these things are being slapped into the game with no future plans and they feel completely out of place as a result. If they'd kept Z-Moves and Mega Evolutions separate and played off the alternate dimension thing, it would have been better - at least in terms of how these things fit into the game's lore - but they've just scrapped the whole thing.

New Pokemon are not generation-exclusive features, and GF need to understand this. It doesn't work the same way as gameplay features. I really hope they get a clue.

When you think about it, Ultra Beasts are glorified Legendary Pokemon since they can be caught normally during the postgame like many other Legendary pokemon.

pkmin3033

When you think about it, Ultra Beasts are glorified Legendary Pokemon since they can be caught normally during the postgame like many other Legendary pokemon.
    Hmmm...well...I think that depends on how far you want to take the comparison, doesn't it? After all, you can't catch multiple of the same Legendary Pokemon in a single game, right? I suppose that's the only sticking point - they're at the end of the dex, they're powerful, and they're postgame content, so there are a lot of comparisons - but...well, thematically speaking, if GF would expand on the UBs a little more then they probably wouldn't feel like glorified Legendary Pokemon despite those comparative points.

This is my point, with UBs, Mega Evolution, and all the rest - there isn't enough effort put into the concepts to make them stand out or feel like actual concepts, rather than gimmicks. Maybe we'll see some Megas in Gen VIII, but I guess I hope GF doesn't just abandon the idea in favour of the next one which will go exactly the same way if they put no thought into it like they did with Mega Evolution.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I am certain ultra beasts are legendaries. Sure there are multiples of some but they are listed with the other legendaries and mythicals. Not to mention their stats are high and good ability.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Hmmm...well...I think that depends on how far you want to take the comparison, doesn't it? After all, you can't catch multiple of the same Legendary Pokemon in a single game, right? I suppose that's the only sticking point - they're at the end of the dex, they're powerful, and they're postgame content, so there are a lot of comparisons - but...well, thematically speaking, if GF would expand on the UBs a little more then they probably wouldn't feel like glorified Legendary Pokemon despite those comparative points.

This is my point, with UBs, Mega Evolution, and all the rest - there isn't enough effort put into the concepts to make them stand out or feel like actual concepts, rather than gimmicks. Maybe we'll see some Megas in Gen VIII, but I guess I hope GF doesn't just abandon the idea in favour of the next one which will go exactly the same way if they put no thought into it like they did with Mega Evolution.

We should also probably note, though, that the only Legendaries with base stats as low as the Ultra Beasts are the Island Guardians, and that the Ultra Beasts and Silvally are classified along with them and other trios / duos as "sub-legendary" within the game's coding. Their status is really, really debatable. It's all been discussed a lot among the fans online, but it's not going to see resolution unless there's official material clarifying.

I don't think so. It is clear that the BF is out of the count. Logical to expect new battle facilities every gen.

Then why would they have made a second Frontier in a different generation in the first place? Why would the Battle Tower have been a staple for three generations, along with being the base format of other, future facilities?

There's no logical reason to expect or not expect any particular facility or thing to make a return. It's merely a possibility, and one which they know a large portion of the fanbase wants (or wanted with ORAS at the very least).

Last edited:

pkmin3033

We should also probably note, though, that the only Legendaries with base stats as low as the Ultra Beasts are the Island Guardians, and that the Ultra Beasts and Silvally are classified along with them and other trios / duos as "sub-legendary" within the game's coding. Their status is really, really debatable. It's all been discussed a lot among the fans online, but it's not going to see resolution unless there's official material clarifying.
    I wonder what the odds are of getting clarification in that sense? Given that the UBs are described as being technically not Pokemon - or rather, Pokemon from an entirely different dimension - I'm not sure giving them a confirmed status as Legendary or not as we understand things, when they're supposed to transcend human understanding, would really fit. It seems likely it'll be one of those forever debated issues...especially since its also unlikely the UBs will get any sort of lore expansion beyond USUM. Whatever they are, they'll end with the 7th gen, much like Mega Evolution ended with the 6th.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Then why would they have made a second Frontier in a different generation in the first place? Why would the Battle Tower have been a staple for three generations, along with being the base format of other, future facilities?

There's no logical reason to expect or not expect any particular facility or thing to make a return. It's merely a possibility, and one which they know a large portion of the fanbase wants (or wanted with ORAS at the very least).
    They decided to change it up in gen 5 and onwards. As far as i am concerned, there is no possibility of the Battle Frontier returning. It remains in the past. Time to move on from it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2017
    I am hoping for the game to be released early because I am super excited for it! I know that most likely will not happen, but one can hope.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm kinda hoping Zinnia makes a cameo. If not, that's no problem for me. But the reason I bring her up is because Masuda has outright stated these games are to be an "alternate story" set in the SM universe, and Zinnia was the character that introduced the concept of alternate realities back in ORAS. Strangely enough, ORAS foreshadowed the "faller" character concept that we currently have with Anabel; Looker just appeared out of nowhere post-game and lost his memory.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    One thing i like about Zinnia is that she is a dragon user. I hope she be much more mature and not risk endangering the world again if she is to return. Didn't like that she was a part of Team Magma/Aqua's plot.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm kinda hoping Zinnia makes a cameo. If not, that's no problem for me. But the reason I bring her up is because Masuda has outright stated these games are to be an "alternate story" set in the SM universe, and Zinnia was the character that introduced the concept of alternate realities back in ORAS. Strangely enough, ORAS foreshadowed the "faller" character concept that we currently have with Anabel; Looker just appeared out of nowhere post-game and lost his memory.

This reminded me of the whole "faller" thing. I want us to have more explanation of that. I don't expect them to really explain all the worlds and stuff since I doubt they'd do it well... but why are random people coming through the Ultra Wormholes? Why did the Wormholes open up in Emerald's Hoenn anyway?

I wonder if we're gonna explore this more? Sort of hoping but not too much. Seems like a much bigger plot than Pokemon usually likes to do.

Also speaking of Dragon users, who is Ryuk? Where did he come from? Why is he suddenly challenging me? Seems so random haha. At least put him somewhere in the game!

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • This reminded me of the whole "faller" thing. I want us to have more explanation of that. I don't expect them to really explain all the worlds and stuff since I doubt they'd do it well... but why are random people coming through the Ultra Wormholes? Why did the Wormholes open up in Emerald's Hoenn anyway?

And while we're at it, they can let us visit a redone version of Emerald's Battle Frontier using this concept, meaning that the Battle Frontier will no longer be a lost concept missing in OR/AS. What they could do is after the champion is beaten, a wormhole is discovered on one of the islands, that just so happens to take the player to Hoenn (original), or more specifically, the Battle Frontier. While we're at it though, they can also let us explore the rest of the original Hoenn! If they do that I will cry.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Battle Frontier is a feature that is not coming back. People need to accept this. It is a dead feature. It had it's time. Now we are getting new battle facilities every new gen. They won't revert to older battle facilities. Hoping for a BF will only give you disappointment.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • There are obvious things I want more off that has been said multiple times.

But I want the National Dex to return. I had no reason to transfer my Pokemon from ORAS to Sun and I still haven't and I probably never will unless the National Dex returns.

Something else I want to return is normal fishing. I HATE the new fishing mechanics with a passion. Alola is full of freaking water and we have to fish in certain spots!? Not only that, fishing has become a big pain in the ass to the point where I don't even bother with it.

I want the PSS system to return or something similar. The PokePlaza is one of the worst downgrades I have ever seen in pokemon. Mainly because we can't see out friends or specifically pick them over the internet like we could in past games.

I thought change would be good, and I still like the trial style, but it was so boring... SM is the game I have played the least of. I would rather play ORAS than SM,

SomanshuBhardwaj

A random fan-made game Developer
    Years
  • I would like things like:
    1. New Z-Moves
    2. New Alolan Forms
    3. New Mega
    4. A very large post-game (posssibly every single legendary having its own quest, pretty unlikely)
    5. New Pokes (Of course)
    6. New places and side quest
    7. A whole quest just to meet RED and BLUE and GREEN

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • 7. A whole quest just to meet RED and BLUE and GREEN

In all seriousness though, we literally had that in the first games and we've had way too much Kanto already. Tossing that in for the sake of "showing teh older players teh Kantoooo" is just pandering and it won't help the franchise move on. We also literally had last year for Kanto references - let's give some other regions a chance now.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I am hoping for ultra evolution for few pokemon that was invented to fight ultra Beast and the player activate it by twitching the z-crystal on his Z-ring!

We all have seen the player activate something by twitching Z-crystal in his Z-ring on the trailer.
    I really don't want to see all that flashy scene is just to activate some Z-ability or boost star or use another type of Z-move.
    Nether do I want it to be function only meant for Ultra Solgaleo or Ultra Lunala.

Back