• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are you reading?

VanillaMiltank

GET SOME MILK
Years
  • I'm re-reading Into the Wild from the Warriors series by Erin Hunter. I'm getting the full set of the first series when my dad gets his check. :3 I recommend it if you love cats!

Ooh, I love Warriors, they're such great books...I'm at The Last Hope, in the Omen Of The Stars arc :)

I'm currently reading The Copper Promise by Jen Williams, it's cool so far

pkmin3033

Dawn of Swords, by David Dalglish. I was going to read his Shadowdance series, but I did a little research and discovered the Breaking World trilogy, which is set before them. I'm only about a fifth of the way through it, so I'm not entirely sure what to make of it, but the concept is quite interesting. Whether or not I'll take to any of the characters remains to be seen, though. Seeing the lengthy Dramatis Personae at the start of the novel put me off a little, although I've seen longer. Time will tell, I guess...

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
  • Leviathan Wake by James. S. A. Corey, in The Expanse series. Seems to be a cool read so far, so I'm gonna read it when I need to take a break from staring at code the whole time.

Years
  • Recently finished Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami. I don't know what to say.. The story is surreal and the characters are peculiar in their own good way. It also focuses a lot on the inside and introspection of almost everything even the mundane. Will totally read another Murakami book if I got the time.

noa

sleeping cutie
    Years
  • The Samurai's Wife by Laura Joh Rowland, first time I have enjoyed a book in a very, very long time, the writing is really entertaining.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • I've just started reading David and Goliath by Malcolm Gladwell for a class I'm taking. It's a non-fiction book featuring stories of underdogs who "beat the odds" and succeeded. I have some small issues, but it's definitely interesting and I am, overall, really enjoying it.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Right now, I'm on page 167 in Les Miserables. Hugo is so detailed that it can be overwhelming sometimes. @_@

Shiro

Dad! Or should I say... Big cheese of Hoshido?
    Years
  • Currently reading The Essential Jung for a book report. ;; I enjoy Jung but having to cram in reading because i procrastinated isn't very fun, haha...

Years
  • About to dive into book number three of Jordan's Wheel of Time. Pretty excited.

I have been interested in reading Wheel of Time for a long time now, but I never got around to doing so. It is such a long series and a lot of people say that the last few books in the series are really not that great. Of course it's still probably a great series altogether, so I still plan to read it someday.

What do you think so far, how do you like it? And are you, after having read two books, already hooked?

@topic: I am currently reading the 7th and last book of the Dark Tower series, called The Dark Tower. This is also a series that has a lot of ups and downs - but it is not quite as long as Wheel of Time. ;) All in all, I enjoyed the series so far, and I can't wait to see how it will end.

Tirion

Lint Magnet
    Years
  • I have been interested in reading Wheel of Time for a long time now, but I never got around to doing so. It is such a long series and a lot of people say that the last few books in the series are really not that great. Of course it's still probably a great series altogether, so I still plan to read it someday.

What do you think so far, how do you like it? And are you, after having read two books, already hooked?

I am 100% hooked and would absolutely recommend it. I think the complaint most people have is that it's very slow-moving and wanders a lot in the middle of the series, but that's not something that bothers me in the least.

Years
  • I am 100% hooked and would absolutely recommend it. I think the complaint most people have is that it's very slow-moving and wanders a lot in the middle of the series, but that's not something that bothers me in the least.

Sounds good, thank you for your reply. :) Moving slowly and wandering does not bother me either - in the contrary, I think those are often the passages that are needed to make a story more realistic, somehow. And even if the latter books were really not be as good as the first ones, it wouldn't matter so much when you're really hooked, anyway. ;)

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • I just read " The Famous Five - Five Go Off in A Caravan " and " Catch us If You Can ". Both books have interesting adventures. :)

Back