• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your favorite animal characters?

Years
  • Talk about your favorite animal characters in anime/manga! They can be anything, even shape-shifters who also have human forms or sentient stuffed animals/robots. Fantasy creatures are fine, too. Perhaps they have an integral role to the story or are simply cute mascots... (or both!) No Pokemon here, as you can talk about your fave Pokemon in the other subforums dedicated to it. Screencaps, official art, etc. are encouraged~

Years
  • What are your favorite animal characters?

Happy from Fairy tail. Hes just a great guy.
    The episode when he swaps bodies with Erza is priceless.

also

Monokuma from Dangan Ronpa, Hes slightly insane, but all the better for it.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I looked at the title and just stared at it thinking I haven't really favored any animal-ish characters, but then I remembered Pudding loving Kero from Cardcaptor Sakura

Years
  • Monokuma from Dangan Ronpa, Hes slightly insane, but all the better for it.
    Ah yes... Monokuma. Among the beary best antagonists along with the character operating him. I've laughed so many times because of their dialogue. I think what I may remember the most about Monokuma in the anime specifically was that... dance... he does in the opening theme. xD
    Spoiler:

Hmm... does Kirby even count as an animal? If so, he's automatically my favorite animal character, haha. (And yes, Kirby has an anime series.)

Spoiler: Behold the almighty epicness of Kirby

Must I say more?
    I remember watching that show back in the day on 4kids. Kirby is adorable, kind, and possesses a bottomless stomach. But I also am entertained by King Dedede.

That sounds like something Monokuma would say...
    He's portrayed as more evil in the show than he usually is in the games, but he literally has no brain so he can never really do much as far as mischief goes. Mostly just a harmless villain butt-monkey akin to Team Rocket in the Pokemon Anime. I think the main reason I like him is because he is a fat penguin. I have a soft spot for penguins.

A few other anime penguins I like...
    Spoiler:

I looked at the title and just stared at it thinking I haven't really favored any animal-ish characters, but then I remembered Pudding loving Kero from Cardcaptor Sakura

Ah Kero's a memorable mascot! I like his majestic true form as well.

It's a shame Kero is often forgotten in this day and age due to being overshadowed by other mascot characters in the magical girl genre.

Koromaru - Persona 3
    Monokuma - Danganronpa
    Kero - Cardcaptor Sakura
    Happy - Fairy Tail

So few others have the same taste :D
    I love Koro-chan. ;w; Such a loyal dog... And a persona-user, too! In the video game, I had him in my party up to the final battle...

I still have to get around to watching the Persona 3 movies..

Salvation

To be saved.
    Years
  • Yo shout out to our boy (and best pig) Hawk!

I find it hilarious that week to week you have these overpowered powerhouses running around blowing things up with their fists due to sheer strengtheach fight and then you have Hawk running away tactically retreating. Every. Time. His interactions with Melodias are hilarious and omg hes so cute.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I love Koro-chan. ;w; Such a loyal dog... And a persona-user, too! In the video game, I had him in my party up to the final battle...
    Oh yea, loyalty is what I really liked about him as well :D
    I didn't use him, though :/ Aigis and Aki were too strong to pass up =D

It's a shame Kero is often forgotten in this day and age due to being overshadowed by other mascot characters in the magical girl genre.
    That reminded me when I was deciding whether put Kyubey here or not...
    I mean he's not much of a animal :D

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Kero, Jiji, Chuchu, Punch, Laboon, One Piece animals in general are usually pretty great and of course Pakkun.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • Coobie.

Best animal character of all time.

Anime: Meduka Meguca

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023

Tony Tony Chopper is the sweetest friendliest cutest little tanuki I mean reindeer.

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I love Kagome's adorable lazy fat cat. XD His name is Buyo, and he's always been my absolute favorite!

I also love this little guy as well:

Arthur from Code Geass. :3

Sorry, I'm a cat lover. <3 I love anime cats because they seems super adorable!

Years
  • Coobie.

Best animal character of all time.

Anime: Meduka Meguca
    Ah yes... Meduka Meguca. Truly, one of the most visually stunning anime of this decade.
    Moar quality screencaps of QB:

I love Kagome's adorable lazy fat cat. XD His name is Buyo, and he's always been my absolute favorite!

I also love this little guy as well:

Arthur from Code Geass. :3

Sorry, I'm a cat lover. <3 I love anime cats because they seems super adorable!
    Awwh I remember Buyo~ :)
    Never apologize for loving cats! I like 'em too, and there are many of them in anime... some of which have already been mentioned in this thread.
    As for some of my feline favorites...
    Spoiler:

Heheh, these were probably really standard choices, but that's all I got for now. I would add more, but my internet connection is being super slow right now.

Back