• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your hopes for the game?

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2023
    what makes you assume they're even going to involve a school in this? it was never confirmed officially as far as I'm aware

Mostly because of the protagonists' default outfits which look like school uniforms.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Bring back using Cut to chop down grass! Even if its not a HM / field technique / ability to swing your bicycle wildly at the foliage, but rather a TM. I was amazed when I found I could obliterate Route 119 in Emerald with this otherwise outclassed HM move!

Late reply, but yes, Cut being able to mow down grass in older generations was admittedly half of what inspired my lawnmower comment. And yes, what you mentioned definitely could work! (Although something better than just a single area unless you use a mon with Hyper cutter would do. And yes, irrelevant fun fact: a mon with Hyper cutter can remove a larger portion of grass).

As for the school theory currently being discussed, yeah, the only major hint right now is the outfits on the protagonists resembling school uniform, and I recall hearing about a few other hints here and there although not a lot.

That said, I personally hope the school theory is untrue. I don't demand for it to not happen, and if it was like a very, very small portion of the game I won't mind, but if it's the whole game then I won't be impressed because I just don't think there's gonna be a lot of substance in it. Overall, I'm considering making a new thread to discuss this more.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Shark Repellent.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    My partner Dragonair in Go just started heading the rejected Poké Balls back at the wild Pokémon like a serpentine Andy Carroll. So now I'm thinking if there was a Safari Zone they should use Go mechanics (but with Safari Balls) and show you the whole 3D model as your pokémon volleys back said Safari Ball. Could tie it to friendship given how they altered it in Gen VIII

Years
  • - The exp share being removed. This was one of my least favourite features of recent Pokemon games, as it makes my team level up way too quickly and makes the game much easier than it should be. I prefered when the team exp share had the option of being turned off.

- I'd also like the ability to visit previous regions in the game too.

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Cali
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    The only thing I want is to be able to turn the dang exp share off if I want to. Kinda like having the grinding challenge some days. I'd also like a difficulty system like in B2W2 but I don't see that ever happening again.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • I am hoping the game is not too similar to Pokémon Legends Arceus, where the region contained too much empty open spaces. I want Pokémon Scarlet and Violet to re-introduce the Pokémon catching mechanics from Pokémon Lgends Arceus, but also still want the experience of visiting many different cities and towns similar to the other Pokémon games. Based upon what I experienced when watching the trailer, I believe that Pokémon Scarlet and Violet would occur in a region with too much open space, which I hope that I am wrong about. I also hope that they keep the experience share feature. It makes grinding all the way up to level 100 much easier and fun.

PageEmp

Years
  • I know I'm alone in this, but I hope the games are easy. Possibly easier than XY easy. But though, I don't wish for it to be 'you will always win' easy.

It's just that, in case the Grass starter ends up with a GARBAGE typing like Grass/Dark, I can probably beat the game as a half blind nuzlocke. inb4 someone tells me to just not nuzlocke the game

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I hope they keep the Exp. Candies - makes Pokédex completion and training for competitive way easier - but I would like a "learn all moves" option when doing massive increases in level. I'm levelling about 25 Pokémon for my HOME Pokédex right now and the A button is getting far too much of a workout!

Years
  • Assuming that the region's indeed based on Spain, one can only wonder what sorts of local traditions they get to Pokemonize. Like bullfighting and stuff.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Assuming that the region's indeed based on Spain, one can only wonder what sorts of local traditions they get to Pokemonize. Like bullfighting and stuff.

Regional form of Tauros, perhaps? One acknowledging human intervention, bred for rage.

Also a gym could have the appearance of a bullfighting ring after Galar was all football stadiums.

PageEmp

Years
  • Okay I take back what I said. I don't mind if gyms come back, but it would be better if there was a more interesting spin on gyms.

I still disagree with the no villain team notion. In fact now I disagree with it even more now.

Back