• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What are your hopes for the game?

Years
    Hello there guys! I was wondering what some hopes and dreams are for you? I am just hoping for a good experience and fun time. I am hoping that they'll have easier ways to evolve new and older mons without trading online again.

I also am hoping that the games will have a different thing than just challenge the gyms, stop bad team, then beat Elite Four. On top of that, I HOPE for a better story than Sword and Shield.

So, what's your hopes and dreams?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Legends-style map exploration. Being able to catch mons without having to start a full-on battle screen every single time.

Also a plot of some description.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    BW or XY type of story is more than enough for me. I loved both stories. I think I would like a pretty large connection with Kalos though. Storywise mostly.

I don't want the story to be so straight forward like SwSh was. We did nothing in the region. When pokemon were randomly gigantamaxing, we didn't do anything and was told to leave it to the adults. We didn't see anything or know at all what was going on.

I want an actual evil organization this time. They have overused the 'oh he is just misunderstood or wrong path' stuff.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    If there's gyms in this game, let us battle them in any order we want. Because if this game is only open world exploration but linear in terms of story, I'd be a little disappointed. Also that when they say in Open World they actually mean it in their advertising. Since they're saying it's open world, I really hope they step it up with that concept since Legends wasn't technically fully open world.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    - Greater experience customization. Includes trainer AI, official restrictions, different battle formats, and a toggleable Experience Share.

- More regional forms (and/or buffs to old, weak Pokemon).

- Better level balancing. Refers to Sword/Shield's horribly underleveled Champion Cup trainers, followed by a much higher level Champion. Saw it in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl's Elite Four too.

- More gym creativity. Prefers to fight "the Trick Room gym" and the "Sun gym" rather than the "Ice gym".

- Non-linearity. Claims to be open world. Expects them to deliver that now. Base the levels (and team) off of how many gym badges you have. Implied it in the anime. Carry that to the games too.

- No evil team. Usually leads to a slog of similar battles. Hopes for something else to break up the gym-to-gym grind. Perhaps natural disasters? Shore up a town's defenses by reinforcing a flood barrier. Either stop the water (push away with Water/Flying, freeze with Ice, evaporate with Fire) or reinforce the barrier (brace with Fighting, Normal, Ground, Rock, and Steel).

- Good Pokemon availability. (Seems likely.)

- Trade evolution workarounds (like a Linking Cable).

- More interaction with the world. Thinks of cities here mainly. Wishes to visit towns with something exclusive to that town. Cites things like a Game Corner, Bug Catching Contest, Contests, and changing markets.

- Easy Move Relearner and infinite use TMs again.

- A nerf to moves like Swords Dance, Dragon Dance, and Nasty Plot. Accepts a direct nerf (limited time duration) or an indirect nerf (difficulty setting up, such as against Totems).

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    - Getting national dex way early than after beating champions that be nice start
    - Having NPC willing you to trade your Kadabra to evolve for example and able to trade back. (Hey, Nintendo online isn't cheap)

- No villanous team, its more cliche now as this is was the formula from the very beginning. They could come up something to halt badge progression than just using teams.

- Bring back reusable TMS

Years
    • Seen today
    Probably none of this will happen, but:

-Legends Arceus EV system and IV removal, or something similar, that rewards exploration and side-activities over insanely dumb RNG and grinding, while also making mixed attacker builds more viable.

-Optional Affection and Exp. Share as in XY and SM/USUM.

-A decent plot, or at least a plot that doesn't decide to start when you're in the middle of the Champion's Cup...

-Different behavior for wild species, as in LA, where some Pokémon are more shy and tend to run away while others are more aggressive. Adds more immersion and makes the world feel more alive and believable.

-Revamped gyms, preferably focused on themes or battle styles instead of types. Or just replace them with something else. And please no pointless ceremonies and silly gym uniforms.

Years
    • She/her
    • Seen Mar 10, 2022
    Just having the game feel finished it enough for me. National Dex has already seemingly been confirmed to be gone, but that ship sailed already sadly. :(

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    - A varied and strong Pokedex. I don't want it to be like Legends Arceus where there were Carnivine and Shinx everywhere.

- More regional forms. Most of the regional forms have worked very well and there are some Pokemon that could get a new lease of life with an alternate forms.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Getting some more elaborate dungeons would be cool. We haven't had some proper ones in a while. Even that one dungeon in L:A was kinda lackluster...

They should be big enough so you can do some exploring. Maybe they could even have a bunch of optional places that you need to backtrack later on that give you some nice rewards for doing so.

I also want more stuff that just feels rewarding. No mindless grind for evolutionary stones and stuff. But rather something that makes sense in the world itself, as well. So far Pokemon hasn't really managed to merge gameplay and world building together in a way that it doesn't feel awkward to me. They did it better in the old games but in recent generations a lot of that was lost, probably in part due to the ongoing streamlining process.

I guess, if they found a way to remove some of the "menu-ing" that would be nice. But at the same time, that's a very current year video game industry issue...

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    - Picking the Grass starter would make the game easier.

- NO GYMS. Please no gyms, I want, no, need a new kind of checkpoint. A different take on the formula is always welcome and I feel like this would be a great opportunity to do that.

Let repels work better than they did in SwSh for overworld encounters. If I'm using one, overworld encounters should disappear or at the very least run away from me. It never made sense how using them in SwSh only repelled the grass encounters but not overworld ones - it's not like those Pokémon are special and don't mind the scent of a repel specifically designed to keep them away! Would be convenient for me if this worked properly for when I just need to get through somewhere quickly.

Also..

- More regional forms
    - Returning characters, perhaps aged up a bit? Would love to see how some of them grew up and what they are doing now!
    - Smoother battles and item picking up a la Legends. I didn't realize how sluggish main series games felt until I played Legends and saw how smooth/quick the battle animations went, and how picking up items with a dialogue box stopping me from playing was outdated. The item you obtained just shows in the corner and you can continue playing without being stopped.
    - Change names and nicknames straight from the party menu (again, like Legends)
    - Optional Exp. Share

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    ^ How about instead of repels, new items are created as alternatives, such as a lawnmover to remove grass, and stuff like that?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    After thinking, I hope they give us the ability to switch moves like we have in Arceus. I don't like the idea of having to go to a move tutor to get moves that should have been naturally learned, but I did like changing the moves in party.

Something I really want, but likely won't happen is the return of seasons. But with the region looking very later spring/ early summer, I don't think we will have a return of seasons. I just really want seasons in these new games. It looks amazing in BW and looks amazing in Animal Crossing, so I just want those seasons in a new pokemon game.

Back