• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ball did you use to catch Giratina?

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2015
    Used False Swipe until it had 1 HP, and caught it in a Poke Ball for laughs. After making it asleep, of course.

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • I have a somewhat unlimited supply of Master Balls because I play through my GBA games so often. I've used four so far, all on Pokémon I just didn't have the patience to dwindle down to 1 HP and a status condition. Those Pokémon were Mesprit, Cresselia, Heatran, and, just a few minutes ago, Giratina. I tried Dusk Balls at first but I only had 3 with me, so after a couple Ultra Balls I decided it would be easier to just throw the Master Ball.

Rocker32703

Water/Flying/Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • I caught it with a Preimer ball. Luuucky. It's like catching Giratina in a Poke-ball...but you only get one of these every game. O.o

I threw it by chance. And I think it fits him well, probably just as well as any Dusk Ball would. Giratina pops out with 6 or 8 red-and-silver orbs floating around him. It's cool. :D

extramaster

Pokemon Diamond master
    Years
  • Dusk Ball... It works great when your playing at night... Since giratina was in a cave it was easier to catch night time or not :)

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • master ball... i only had my torterra left, 27 hp left.......

but its fine, i imported my blaziken holding my master ball :D

Guybrush Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
    Years
  • Dark Ball- or the Dusk Ball. Whatever you want to call it

I was lucky, I got it paralyzed and only caught it after a few throws

The lake trio however, is a different story entirely

Btw, did anybody name him Lucifer like me?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Ultra ball, I didn't have any dusk balls on me. Although I would of liked m Giratina to be caught in a dusk ball xD

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • I never played my Platinum properly, I just played around with it, so...

I battled the thing, listened to the epic music a couple of times, and then used Master Ball XD

Call me stupid if ya want, but that's how I did it...

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    I just used my masterball, as I could always migrate more over from sapphire.

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    i was pretty lucky and caught it with my first dusk ball, the same with rotom, the three lake pokemon are a different story although i did get one with a pokeball eventually.

Azzurra

Banned
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    Foolishly, I used my Master Ball to capture Giratina. I know I should have used either the Dusk Ball or an Ultra Ball but I was kind of desperate. Plus, I'd already captured the other legendaries and this was the final one.

Back