• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What ball did you use to catch Giratina?

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
Years
  • I forgot I didn't have any pokeballs and when I fought it I only had a Master ball, So I just thought F' it and caught it in that.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • After 5 Pokeballs, 3 Great and Ultra Balls, 2 Quick Balls, 5 Timer balls and 32 Dusk Balls, the 48 ball that caught it was a Dusk Ball. >.> xD

Gamefreaked

Evil Genius
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2010
    I only used dusk balls until i got so pissed off about how many I wasted that I just threw one of my 10 masterballs. So much work wasted for that one catch that turned out to be a crappy statted Giratina, I was kinda mad cuz I had to reset to like the right after beating the elite four.

Cresselia

Plasma Elite
    Years
  • Pretty sure that I used a Dusk ball also. I swear, they're making Pokemon catching easier and easier.

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I caught my Shiny Giratina in a Pokeball at Full Health...

Am I lucky? Yes
    Am I REALLY LUCKY? Yes
    Did I use 1 million Pokeballs? Yes

Master Exploder

AGHHHHHHHH
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2011
    Timer ball :) I used all my dusk's but it kept breaking free, apparently the encounter had gone on long enough for me to use a timer ball!

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
  • I think I used an Ultra Ball, I had plenty of those but forgot to pick up Dusk Balls and really couldn't be bothered to leave the place to get more.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I really wanted to catch him w/ a dusk ball cause they're my fav. balls besides net and quick, but he wouldn't go in..so I got him with a timer ball.

Funny I got lazy w/ the lake guardians and caught all 3 with a masterball.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    I used the Master Ball on my second attempt. Got pretty annoyed that he destroyed my whole team the first time round. I thought I'd regret it later, but after catching Dialga with 1 Ultra Ball and Palkia with my 4th, I'm pretty sure I'll be fine.

JadeX

Prince
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2014
    Giratina !
    I used 20+ Ultra ball and didn't caught it -.-"
    It used Struggled and died .

I even paralyzed it and False swiped it so I just threw a Master ball for the 2nd attempt .
    That's how bad at catching pokemon I am =(

Back