• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What browser do you use?

What browser do you use?

• Mozilla Firefox

Votes: 58 39.7%
  • Internet Explorer

Votes: 7 4.8%
  • Safari

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Chrome

Votes: 62 42.5%
  • Opera

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

Cordelia

Banned
Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Firefox for me. I have Opera and Iron as backups, though. All work great on Linux. =)

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years
  • A tie between Firefox and Opera. I starting to get into Opera because it is really stylish.:D

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I use Firefox 6.0, but I sometimes occasionally use Google Chrome (dunno what version or whatever).

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    My main browser is Firefox 6.0. I really don't use any other browser, unless Firefox decides to turn into FailFox then I revert to my backup browser Google Chrome.

Years
  • I've always preferred using IE, but I've been using Chrome since I got my new computer. It runs a fair amount faster, but it takes some getting used to. I might try Firefox later on, but I'll just stick with Chrome for now.

Years
  • I used to be a Firefox fanatic. Then 3.0 wasn't all that brilliant. And 3.5 was rather bumpy. 4.0 became horribly unstable. So I started using Safari instead.

I don't know about Safari on Windows (wouldn't recommend it), but on the Mac it's rather nice when you've got AdBlock running.

KNC

Sir Demoknight
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Firefox, while it's an resource eater I have the resources and need to get something back from them. And Firefox is the best thing for me because it supplies everything I need.

Years
  • I use IE9 for my day to day browsing, and Chrome for an online game I play (Dead Frontier if anyone was wondering). On my cell I use Opera mini cause it installed and I liked it.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2023
    I use Chrome because it's smooth and simple. I think it's better then Firefox, but Firefox is better the explorer. :P

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
    Years
  • I won't vote since I switch around.

I'm currently using Chrome 13.
    I previously used Nightly/Firefox 9.10, but I also have 4.0.
    I have IE9, but I never use it. The only thing it's used for is when I reset to factory.
    I also have Opera, Avant, and Wyzo.

At the moment I am using Chrome until Firefox 6 or 7 is released, most likely the latter.

Actually, it's already on 9. Look up Firefox Nightly builds. They're basically alphas of future ff versions that are consistently released and updated for user testing.

Last edited:

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
  • I've used Chrome ever since I first tried it, virtually. It's just easy to me. I went through a period when I tried to switch to Firefox once, but it's so much slower. I think that might just be because of my computer, though, but nonetheless I had to go back to Chrome.

However, the biggest potential advantage I see in Firefox is how customizable it is, but I've never put enough effort into that for it to make a difference. Plus, Chrome is customizable too but I only use a couple extensions, so that factor apparently isn't all too important to me.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Chrome (although I'm posting this on Firefox to convince myself that the larger text on this style isn't that much of an issue lool). But really, Chrome is much faster at downloading, doing anything, inspect element works just as well as firebug without lag, etc. Only flaw is apng not appearing in Chrome and that it sometimes lags when there's too many tabs but otherwise it's a really good browser.

tbh I went from IE from 2005 > mid-2008, Firefox from mid-2008 > September-2011 and now yeah just Chrome pretty much.

Firefox is only there to check if PC's down or not, since for Firefox I only need to click once and on Chrome I need to click a few times for something to go through but I don't mind really. :x

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    I've used Firefox ever since I discovered that IE sucks. I've bothered myself to use other ones, but I always end up using Firefox. Chrome annoys the heck out of me, Opera is just too...way not my type. And the others I cbf'd to try anymore.

And yeah, I'm biased but who cares?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Used to use IE for ages but it was soo slow and unreliable so switched to Firefox, had looaadddsss of problems with that, so then finally ended up with Chrome and have found it brilliant ever since.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Mozilla Firefox 7.0.1 (x86 en-GB) - Which I think is the lastest?

Anyway, I'm just too used to Firefox right now, it's very fast with my 30mb internet, and it's layout it basic enough and not too complicated, I don't think I'd be changign any time soon to be frank. I've tried Google Chrome, but it honestly didn't like me.

Lightblind

For you never shut your eye ~
    Years
  • I think it was in early 2008 when I switched to Chrome. I think that's when I was just getting into the internet. I had a problem with Windows like last year or so, and I switched to Firefox believing Chrome to be the culprit (which it wasn't), but now I'm back with it.

Generally I find it fast and appealing.

Back