• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What can we expect from data-mining?

Nath74K

Pokéfan
Years
  • Genuine question here.

On different forums / websites, I see a lot of people talking about the data-mining of the demos to be released on 3 days, but what can we actually expect from this? Since this is a demo, wouldn't game freak remove all the important stuff from it?

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    They should remove all of the important extra stuff, but with the ORAS demo they didn't, which is why everyone is worried here.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • The demo's file is also pretty huge for being... well, a demo. With its size it might as well not be a demo and something a lot bigger.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    It's sad, but it's gonna happen. The demo is 3,100 blocks which is pretty big for a demo. It's probably the entire game.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    Probably like a lot of other stuff involved with Game Freak, they probably don't really care.
    The data mining is just revealing information within the game that still must be bought, it's not like they're hacking the game to allow players to get the game for free.

If you wanted to really threaten Game Freak, you would have to hit them where it really hurts, right in the wallet.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Genuine question here.

On different forums / websites, I see a lot of people talking about the data-mining of the demos to be released on 3 days, but what can we actually expect from this? Since this is a demo, wouldn't game freak remove all the important stuff from it?

I remember reading somewhere that assuming the demo includes everything on it, then we'll get names along with typings and other details....but not models. So we won't know what they actually look like. Basically we'll get a lot of text and nothing else.

That was just one person though so I'm not sure how right they are.

Years
  • I could see a Pokedex leak coming, aka the list of regional Pokedexes for each island. Maybe stats of new Pokemon could be leaked as well, like how the ORAS Megas' stats got leaked back then.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It really wouldn't surprise me if we had a repeat of the ORAS demo fiasco. Part of me is hoping that they've learned their lesson, but I'm expecting some details to leak from it. The size isn't really important considering how the ORAS demo was even smaller than the Sun & Moon demo and we all know how that went down. At the very least I'm expecting some (or the whole list) of unrevealed Pokémon to leak at some point.

Back