• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What Did You Name Your Rival?

Years
  • I named him Green or Gary in FR/LG since i liked both manga and anime alike. I also name him of my friend's name so that it become more competetive.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • I named my rival BrnNsr (Brownnoser) because although he wasn't very good at it, he liked saying "Smell ya later!" and it provided comedic relief when he would randomly appear out of nowhere to battle me.

dresden_88

Warden
    Years
  • I've always found the "rival" to be a bit more of the "anti-hero" character based on the tv series and kept that thought going and since I always end up naming my character Dresden (based on the Dresden Files book series), I figured why not name my rival on one of the Anti-Heros from the book series? So, I end up naming my rival in FrLg "Thomas". I used to name him some pretty vulgar stuff >_>

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Blue, Green or Gary. Or I've just given him a random name like Roger, Joe or Matt. Never had that much creativity with rival names! I usually end up naming him Green the most though, because obviously that's one of the default names, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I just name it Gary, because it's Gary Motherf***in Oak. It's satisfying to beat him lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I named mine G-gary, because I always like to imagine my character stuttering his name every single time he appears. Stupid, I know.

Haha, that's actually hilarious. Why couldn't I think of such a thing?

Years
  • Usualy d***** or b**** cause they all just lose to me, but some times I get creative and think up some thing really funny. One of the best was ''a dog''. Just replace any rival name with that haha
    Latest rival name is in Blaze Black 2. I named the rival Betty :P

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I usually name him Green, after the PokéSpe character (Reading the manga, plus boredom, is why I eventually bought LeafGreen in '08). Sometimes Gary though because he seems more like the cocky guy out of the anime than wise old Green.
    After HeartGold / SoulSilver came out I've started naming him Blue instead of Green because otherwise the name change would just irritate me.

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
  • Umm, I named him something I'm not sure I can mention here...*steps back into the darkness*

Back