• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What did you use your Master Ball on?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Ultra Ball matches Beedrill as its also Yellow & Black I would also consider Luxray as a contender for it.

Yeah, but Weedle and Kakuna are so easy to catch I don't have to bother! You're right though, there are plenty of Pokémon that look decent in it…but a lot are in the later games.
    Shiny Luxray and Ultra Ball are the brilliant match.

Years
  • I use Quick Balls, Luxury Balls, Premier Balls, Great Balls, Timer Balls, Dusk Balls & Ultra Balls on Legendary Pokemon my absolute pet hate is seeing any Legendary Pokemon caught in the regular Poke Ball.

I am a firm believer in using the Master Ball on Legendary Pokemon only but I mostly use Ultra Balls if I want to save the Master Ball for an important Legendary.

I caught Giratina & Cresselia in a Luxury Ball in Alpha Sapphire, Moltres in a Dive Ball in X (purely by accident), Ho-Oh & Groudon in a Premier Ball in Omega Ruby, Kyogre in a Dusk Ball in Alpha Sapphire, Suicune in a Net Ball in Colosseum, Zapdos in a Great Ball, Articuno in a Nest Ball and Moltres in a Timer Ball in XD: Gale of Darkness and my only critical capture on a Legendary was Koraidon in a Quick Ball in Scarlet.

Angel-of-Light-Kelly

Longtime fan
    Years
  • I mostly save Master Balls for shiny hunting, when I really need to catch it. The Legendaries, you can just save in front of them. I kept my master ball in Gen 7 for wormhole shiny legendary hunting (still haven't used yet), the one in 8, nothing yet. 9 I haven't used, though maybe if I find a shiny Voltorb...

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I just tried doing a solo run vs Greninja with my lvl 100 Gastrodon and got destroyed. I only fainted once, which is good.. but I had a hard time dealing any real damage to it. We need something that can hit it harder.

Back