• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What do you NOT want to see in GSDS? :D

Ayselipera

I don't want that stupid calling thing that was on the
    pokegear. I also don't want to have to get evolutionary
    stones from trainers like in Crystal. Gold and Silver made
    it nearly impossible for you to get either a fire, water, leaf
    or thunderstone. I'm pretty sure though that the Vs Seeker
    will be brought over which is probably the best invention.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Vs. Seeker = Completely Awesome

Also, yeah I wouldn't want to get evolutionary stones from people either, after they've been allowing us to buy it at the Department Stores.
    In addition to that, I wouldn't want them to bring in any uneeded things. Ever since they've been coming out with new games, they always seem to put in things that might just take up room for something better, so hopefully this time they won't do it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I actually like how they use Abra's natural knowing move to escape, so I wouldn't want them to take that away. They can take away the annoying long saving feature they had in DPPt. I mean I know there is a lot to save about, but simply going in the Pokémon Center's PC moving a Pokémon and then saying "Saving a lot of data" was a little bit annoying.

exteradude

I say they keep the calling system, but still have the VS Seeker and have them call much, much less then usual. In G/S/C, they were talking as if they had no lives/were half of the blondes at my school. [No offense to Blondes.] Also, they should have better options to call. Hearing a Bug Catcher fail at catching a Weedle [Or something along those lines] 3 times in a row in under 2 hours gets annoying.

So, they should:
    • Lessen the calls, but keep the calling system and add the VS Seeker [VS Seeker FTW.]

• Lessen the annoyance from the constant, repetitive calls that say the exact same thing with different trainers.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I say to get rid of the annoying and pointless calls as well, and make the calls more about important events that follows the storyline of the game, and such things along those lines.

KurlyFries

let's get this bread
    Years
  • I say to get rid of the annoying and pointless calls as well, and make the calls more about important events that follows the storyline of the game, and such things along those lines.

That's actually a really good idea.
    It's a very clever way to inform the uninformed about what to do next.

Some of those pointless calls have benefits, though..

Example: Thunderstones. :D

If they revive the calling feature, they should let you have 15 or 20 contacts instead of the stifling 10.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yes, I mean there will be a lot of new Pokémon Fans coming in, and for those who get a little confused, a little informative or reminding phone call wouldn't hurt.

As for the amount of people to add in, I do agree to get rid of the 10 contacts and boost it up a bit.

Years
  • They're probably going to have to either do something about the Johto Pokedex or prevent some of the new evolutions, or what would happen if people get Yanmegas and Ambipoms? I don't really want the Pokedex to be changed, but it's pretty much inevitable unless they prevent those Pokemon from evolving before you get the National Pokedex or something like that.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
  • I don't like Honey trees and Headbutt trees. But, since Headbutt trees were in the original and Honey trees were what Game Freak originally wanted to do, I guess it's almost guaranteed that at least one of the two will be in the game... If so, then I hope that they'll make it easier to catch the Pokémon you want to catch. Especially with Honey. I do not want to sit through five rounds of watching the Honey'd tree just to get yet another stupid Wurmple when I'm looking for a Heracross. (Or a stupid Caterpie, since this is Johto.)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    They're probably going to have to either do something about the Johto Pokedex or prevent some of the new evolutions, or what would happen if people get Yanmegas and Ambipoms? I don't really want the Pokedex to be changed, but it's pretty much inevitable unless they prevent those Pokemon from evolving before you get the National Pokedex or something like that.
    It will probably be the way the National Dex was done in previous games.

A Pokemon that you catch yourself and raise to evolution level (for example, you catch an Aipom and raise it to fit the specifications to evolve into an Ambipom), when they reach the evolution level, will stop evolving. The Pokemon won't be able to evolve at all.

If the Pokemon is traded in from another game before the National Dex, then it's Pokedex number will appear as ???.

So they already have a way to solve that problem, and have had that way for years.

I'm also hoping for a change to the calling system. The contact list needs to increase, in order to challenge the most trainers to a rematch/get the good items that the player wants. Also, the amount of spam-like phone calls should be lowered, or done away with (an option to screen the call maybe?)

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I doubt they would add the OI because that would throw off the storyline(Ash visited the OIs before Johto.)

I would like to see a better Kanto and Team Rocket storyline, to me they both seemed a little....incomplete.

Sophidius

Need a storyline? PM me!
    Years
  • No more Battle Frontiers, I'm getting sick of those. And DON'T feature two Pokemon Leagues, it just doesn't make any sense. Please DON'T let the 4th Gen evos appear before you have the National Dex. They weren't there in the original GS, so why'd they be in HGSS?

I doubt they would add the OI because that would throw off the storyline(Ash visited the OIs before Johto.)

Plus, the OIs were purely from the animé. And the game developers always stick to the manga (Gold, Silver and Krys don't appear in the animé, do they?)

Last edited:

Poliwagged

is waggin' his tail
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    No more Battle Frontiers, I'm getting sick of those. And DON'T feature two Pokemon Leagues, it just doesn't make any sense. Please DON'T let the 4th Gen evos appear before you have the National Dex. They weren't there in the original GS, so why'd they be in HGSS?

Plus, the OIs were purely from the animé. And the game developers always stick to the manga (Gold, Silver and Krys don't appear in the animé, do they?)

No.

The games are like the holy grail. The anime/manga follow the games, not any other way.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Watch "The Legend of Thunder" special, which is where Gold, Silver, and Krys appear as Jimmy, *unnamed in opening*, and Marina. So yes, they do appear in the anime, only under different names.

Still, with the exception of Yellow, the anime doesn't affect the games. With the exception of Red's final team, the manga doesn't affect the games. (There might be more references, but I'm too sleepy right now to think of them, so I'll just name the big ones for now.)

The games come first, as Poliwagged said in shorter words.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    The games do come first, and they are what is the basis of the anime as well. Though, I do agree, I wouldn't want to see anymore Battle Frontier in the game. A Battle Tower would be better for me, with Kanto and the Sevii Islands added on.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I wouldn't want a Battle Frontier in the game either. Maybe just the Battle Tower would be nice. It would be better with just the Battle tower because Crystal had the Battle Tower if I recall.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    No more Battle Frontiers, I'm getting sick of those.
    =[ Why do you say that? Then there will be nothing to do after you beat the game. >.> At least the Battle Tower, which I am 100% sure they will have it.

Back