• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think of 2012

Real or Fake(please read first)

• Real

Votes: 6 9.7%
  • Fake

Votes: 56 90.3%

• Total voters

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Sarah Palins running for president.
    Period.

Stuff the Mayans.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I flamed a video on YouTube because they said that the world would end in 2012. I did it with a lot of swearing. Now all I can do is say "This is bogus! Who told you that! You deserve a butt-reddening spanking! I finish school in the same year!"

I liked it when I was able to swear...

Otherwise, I think that the whole theory is bogus. Many religions and cultures say the world will end on a certain date. Islam says that the universe will end when all signs of the Last Day have appeared. Apparently, 95% of them have happened.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    What are you people saying? The Mayans are perfectly right about the date when the world will end!

Of course, it will start with an earthquake. And Lenny Bruce will not be afraid. But for some reason, I feel fine about that.

Seriously, people, there's no reason to accept the Mayans' word on the subject just because they made a calendar. I'm pretty sure we've all lived through at least one prophecy about the end of the world as we know it already. (If my link button were working right the word 'one' would link you to the wikipedia entry for Nostradamus, but right now you'll just have to use your imagination.)

As far as I'm concerned, the end of the world as we know it is just a happy little song at this point.

Fata1Down

Capture On!
    Years
    I really don't believe that the world's going to end in 2012, but if it were to end, I guess I've had an okay life. But I'm definitely not losing sleep over it.

Marsh-Stomp

My Marshtomp Shall Crush You!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2011
    It's most likely fake. I'd be afraid if the World would end, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to end that quickly.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I think 2012 is a year that will be passed with people thinking, "Oh! It's Christmas! Hooray!"

Of course if I'm wrong, the song How Far We've Come had better be put on loop on every radio/TV station.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    What do you think of 2012

We lived through Y2K, 6/6/06, and the theory of New Year's Eve '08.

It will be an extreme coincidence if the world ends on Dec, 21st 2012.

EDIT:
    Sarah Palins running for president.

I take back what I said.
    We're doomed.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I have to say i believe it and also its a misconception. Our teacher(the astronomy nut he is)explained to us that the world isnt going to end but what will end is the way we knew the world. For about 100 years or more the gravity on earth and this solar system will change dramatically. That there i do believe not the crap of it ending just like that. I deleted to repost this cause well i forgot the important bit but who the hell cares i mean i dont need a reason behind my words. Do i? Yes i think i do...
    He says this as well if i remember correctly an event called the alighnment of the planets is going to happen. That happnens it would be pretty cool to witnesss such a thing as well as i said gravity will go screwy and such. Imagine walking along the road and all the sudden you start floating. Or worse you fall and cant get up from the gravity pull. Yes i would think that would be bring the end.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    Oh please, it's not like Mayans are gods. Are we supposed to be terrified because some stupid calender will end? Every calender has to run out of pages sooner or later anyway.

We were supposed to die in 2000 too and something tells me I'm still alive.

Clairissa

Shining brilliantly!
    Years
    There's someone or something saying we'll die every year/month/week/day/hour/minute/second, I just think the 2012 thing is the Mayan's own beliefs saying the world ends, there isn't a lot of proof it will other then the days on their calendar stopping.

Years
    2012? Dooms Day?

Pfft. As if.
    It's more likely to see a pig fly and live on the moon. Y2K was supposed to be the end of the world, and nothing happened. 2012 won't be any different. I'll be 20 that year. It'll be a celebration.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    The Mayans just died before they could finish thier calender.... or they ran out of stone...
    I don't believe in it. But, that also could be due to my religious stand points as well.
    But, if it happens it happens, if it doesnt, it doesn't.

Arrmegedden

dang roosters
    Years
    What if the mayans meant 20012? I personally think its fake. Maybe a meteor might hit but I dont think i will. The chances that 2012 is THE YEAR OF DHOOM is almost as likely as a giant flee invasion on canada. if i creep anyone out srry. So im just going to be careful on that year just in case. Sniffle Sniffle why is it so close to christmas XO

Raven-NAR-32450

The Great and Powerful RAVEN
    Years
    Bah, so what if the Mayan calander ends at 2012? maybe they just didn't get to add more dates to it before they themselves were killed off by the conquistadors or soemthing, either way, this whole doomsday thing is just some fantasy that somone scientist made up because a small detail was picked out.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    Fake. honestly, what did the Mayans know that we didn't? That there gods told them that on a specific date the world would end? It's not likely that it means anything...

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2011
    At first I watched it on the History Channel which I am never watching again, I believed it. But then one of my classmates asked about it to the teacher. She says she lived through like 5 of those "end of the world" dates.

Back