• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think of the New Characters?

Which of Elesa's looks do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volcoronawing649

New Recruit
Years
I think that they are as well done as the first BW character designs.

The female protagonist looks amazing, especially with those little hair balls on the side

of her head. The poison gym leader is, in my opinion, so cool looking. Definatly a good

design for a Poison-type gym leader by far. But I do think that they should of put just a

LITTLE more effort in the male protagonist's design. Really, it looks like there is a

palm tree on his head. LOL

Volcarona FTW! Oh and Larvesta, he is cool too........
637.png

Years
Everyone seems to be saying how much better the female's design is than the males- what the hell? XD It's not half bad, imo, I think they're equally good! I think the female's is a little ordinary in comparison (aside from that spectacular hair, lol).
One thing I'm uncertain on is the fact that they've actually SHOWN the protagonists hair as much as they have here. I guess they're running out of different headwear to use, hahaha. But I don't think it's bad at all, I suppose. :)

Years
Hate hate hate hate hate the male trainer's hair. Haaaaaaate. Other than that, his design seems pretty cool looking to me. I have no problem with his outfit. The female trainer looks okay, although her hair is a little silly looking. The rival just looks awesome. Like an even more swag version of Gary/Blue. Part of me hopes he says "Smell ya' later" at one point in the game, ahahah.

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
Years
Hate the new guy character. Who the heck thought of that?
Otherwise, I adore the girl. She looks adorable and tough :'D

The professor is also pretty good. Looks a little menacing, and I can say the same for the rival...

The guys really need haircuts. Right now. I just despise that protagonist's hair design. First time I saw an avatar of that I chuckled and thought it was silly/ridiculous. But if I had to play a character like that... no. No no no no no.

As for the rival... he just needs less hair. Otherwise, perfect. I'd really look forward to another evil rival like Gary or Silver.

I don't think I'll be playing as a guy this time haha

Edit: That poison-type Gym leader is the best gym leader design I've seen yet, close to Elesa. Love love loveee~

Last edited:

Nomine

サトセレ
Years
I think the girl has the best design; probably one of my favorite girl characters. The others, eh... not the best. The older characters will always be the best in my book.

Last edited:
Years
Why do I feel like the professor is just loaded with evil materials :(His cold eyes and that hairstyle scare me somehow.
The male protagonist is...weird to say the least. Girly face feature, palm tree hair and those leggings turn me off.
The female one is cute, but kinda meh. She looks like a kid that should be in school, rather than being a pokemon trainer. There's utterly nothing special about her besides those ridiculous hair.
The rival probably has the most normal design out of the main characters, but that isn't saying much. He looks rather cool to me though, in an offsetting way.
The gym leaders, especially the poison one, look very good. They actually look like they have a personality. :)

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
The male has some pretty crazy hair, kind of reminds me a a year ago when I had long hair and always wore a hat lol. The girl char is quite amazing, and the rival is pretty sweet too! Somewhat wish we could switch it :P

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
Years
Looking at them now, I don't think either of them are that bad. Other than the hair, I think the dude is pretty sick, but the hair isn't that bad either. To tell ya the truth I like Hilda better than the new girl, but maybe that'll change. I definitely like the new dude better than Hilbert

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The male has some pretty crazy hair, kind of reminds me a a year ago when I had long hair and always wore a hat lol. The girl char is quite amazing, and the rival is pretty sweet too! Somewhat wish we could switch it :P

Oh so you want to have the rival as the protagonist, or...? I wouldn't mind if the male rival was the protagonist design because I'd much rather see the male protag than the male rival often. >> I just reallyyyy don't like his design, lol. :x

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I wouldn't really want the choice because that would annoy me. "You have two guy designs to choose from but only one girl!" It would feel like Game Freak was reverting back to their 'catering to men only' days.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh, no, I meant the design of the rival = the protag, and the design of the protag = the rival. So you basically could only choose one, but you'd see the current protag as the rival, since he looks better. :3 Wishful thinking however.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
The character designs are amazing! I love the female's art! And the rival looks kind of dark if you ask me.

As for the other characters. I think their alright I don't have anything to say about them.

And yes I think this is a beta. Their appearances are going to change for sure. These designs aren't going to be final.

Years
I love them all! Actually, at first, I thought they where the same protagonists from the first Black and White, two years later!
I love the rivals hair, and his eyes..they look sorta goldish to me.

Years
What I like about the new characters so far:

Male PC
I know a lot of people complain about his hair but he's pretty good-looking and is only the third male PC to wear shorts.

Female PC
I love most of the female PCs and she's no exception. I love her cute hair and that skirt-shorts thing of hers. I'm a girl anyway so that's why I like her.

Rival (Hihihiroshi)
He looks weird compared to other rivals, especially with the hair and clothing. Cheren will always be my fave rival cos of him being a nerd but I'm hoping I get to name this "Hihihiroshi" guy.

Akuroma
He probably has the quirkiest hair of any character in history. That's what I like about him and I think with that mysteriousness about him makes him even cooler.

Homika
I like that we finally have a rock chick Gym Leader. Poison isn't exactly my fave type but I love all that fanart of her popping up on sites like Zerochan, Pixiv, Tumblr and DeviantArt. She is so cool!

Shizui
I really don't like that tanned skin of his, at least I love Water-types though.

Crysta Blade

Shooty Refutey
Years
Rival (Hihihiroshi)
He looks weird compared to other rivals, especially with the hair and clothing. Cheren will always be my fave rival cos of him being a nerd but I'm hoping I get to name this "Hihihiroshi" guy.
Oh, we will. How else would PokéSmash have named him something silly?

Beth

DEAD ACCOUNT
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2012
I can't get over how cute they are!
I was thinking maybe their names were Black and White, but I think those are Cheren and Bianca's names in Japanese (Correct me if I'm wrong).
The female looks like a Skye to me.
Seriously though, Hilda/Hilbert aren't bad names. Someone with either of those names could be reading this, so be nice.

IKawaiiThief

Summer Sakura Trainer!
Years
I think Homika looks awesome with her bass guitar, and she'll make an awesome gym leader, with her team being:

Koffing level 15
Venipede level 13

Shizui...I think they could have had him lost the tan, or lose the white on his lower body, I mean, c'mon, it looks weird >_< His team'll be:

Psyduck level 20
Alomola level 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back