• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you think the starters will look like once evolved?

Do you think they will be knockoff versions of other Pokémon or no?

• yes

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • maybe

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • i dont know

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

Thunder_Gaming202

Used Max-Thunder
Years
  • What do y'all think the Scarlet & Violet starters will look like in their evolutions?
    I just hope that Sprigatito won't look like Incinaroar like people are saying.

Years
  • People are worried Sprigatito will get up once evolved and I hope it stays down, but in some fanart I've seen it actually looks really nice when bipedal. As long as it's not macho or something I probably will like it aha, especially if it references the dancers. Or maybe puss in boots?? I wish I could find all the lovely fanart I found that really made me excited to see what it turns out like!

For Fuecoco.. honestly, I have no idea. It's one of those mons where I just cannot visualize an evolution no matter how hard I try. Quaxly I can see being a really cool masked duck (again, thank you fanart) on its final stage, but Fuecoco is just a brain mystery.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • As I've said before, I do hope Fuecoquito stays cute even after evolving. It's one of the most charmingly silly starters we've gotten in a while, and I'd hate for it to turn into an edgy reptile thing. Thankfully, most Fire starters do remain cute at least in their second stage (and even in their third - I find both forms of Typhlosion, Incineroar and Cinderace adorable), so I don't worry too much about it.

I also don't worry as much about whether Sprigatito will be bipedal or quadrupedal as much as I worry about its color palette. I really do hope its second or third stage will have more brown or white as its base color instead of green. If not, then I hope its shiny is decent and more natural-looking than its default form. And as for Quaxly, its name makes me think it will evolve into a Don Quixote send-up. In that case, I do believe it will end up sharing some common ground with Galar's resident gallant duck - Sirfetch'd.

Years
    • Seen today
    Well for the duck I could picture something like this.

Spoiler:

As for the question, I don't expect any knock offs. Starter trios have always done pretty good with originality.

Thunder_Gaming202

Used Max-Thunder
    Years
  • People are worried Sprigatito will get up once evolved and I hope it stays down, but in some fanart I've seen it actually looks really nice when bipedal. As long as it's not macho or something I probably will like it aha, especially if it references the dancers. Or maybe puss in boots?? I wish I could find all the lovely fanart I found that really made me excited to see what it turns out like!

For Fuecoco.. honestly, I have no idea. It's one of those mons where I just cannot visualize an evolution no matter how hard I try. Quaxly I can see being a really cool masked duck (again, thank you fanart) on its final stage, but Fuecoco is just a brain mystery.

I completely agree with you, Sheep

Thunder_Gaming202

Used Max-Thunder
    Years
  • As I've said before, I do hope Fuecoquito stays cute even after evolving. It's one of the most charmingly silly starters we've gotten in a while, and I'd hate for it to turn into an edgy reptile thing. Thankfully, most Fire starters do remain cute at least in their second stage (and even in their third - I find both forms of Typhlosion, Incineroar and Cinderace adorable), so I don't worry too much about it.

Ikr!

Whiteeyes1989

Normal/Dark -type
    Years
  • I'm kind of worried that the fire starter will go the way of Totodile with its evolutions as both are crocodiles/alligators, and the Sandile line kind of covered another way to do it so it'll be even harder to differentiate the two. Sprigatito has the Incineroar problem potentially looming if it doesn't stay on all fours. I am trying to think of a water bird we haven't used for a pokemon at some point for Quaxly but it isn't really coming to me. Pelicans, seagulls, ducks, swans, cormorants, penguins, all used. The only ones I can really think of are loons and geese, so unless they go for one of those we are going to see some overlap there.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    I hope one of them get beefy like Swampert/mega swampert.... Fuecoco seems obvious for that out of the three, but I also want Fuecoco to turn into a skull headed spitting Raptor with neck frills that is Fire/Ghost.

I hope that none of them swing towards a single societal female/male look like Primarina.. I have heard rumors that Sprigatito might..

I hope for some range in different colors used in the final evolutions.. Nothing gaudy, but not boring.

Years
  • My favourite evolution prediction so far is this one:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/co...s_oc/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

It flows sooo nicely & the shiny colour is gorgeous. Such a creative idea too.

This looks incredible!!

I found one of the fanarts I was thinking of when this thread was made. Here it is:

The artist also has an Instagram page if you want to leave a like/comment on the image itself: https://www.instagram.com/bromojumbo/?hl=en

That Fuecoco fan evolution is one of the coolest ones I have ever seen.

Thunder_Gaming202

Used Max-Thunder
    Years
  • I found one of the fanarts I was thinking of when this thread was made. Here it is:

The artist also has an Instagram page if you want to leave a like/comment on the image itself: https://www.instagram.com/bromojumbo/?hl=en

That Fuecoco fan evolution is one of the coolest ones I have ever seen.

Wow, those are really good I think there my favourite so far

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The fire fairy concept is bloody cool. The art I posted as the normal and the alternate form being the fire/fairy? The other two look ok but that's by far the coolest.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I have in fact thought up ideas for what I think the starter final evos would end up like, and have every intention to draw them and potentially post them here. and see if I actually predicted something

The main things I have in mind being:
    - The duck will look different compared to all the other water starter final evo predictions I have seen.
    - The cat's final evo would sometimes attack on two legs but is mostly shown on all fours and runs on all fours as well. Even thought it happened before, I think it's better if the starters were not all bipedal so there is that.
    - The concept for my Fire starter final evo… might ruin it for some people.

And to answer the poll, the more I think about my ideas, the more original I think they feel. And I'm pretty sure the programmers claimed that they will always try to make the starters different from similar creatures to them.

PainterZan also brought up the idea that one of the starters should have a bulky final evo, and I think that MUST be the duck. I feel like if that was the Fire starter, then that's just going to excuse the programmers to make it's evos bigger versions of it, which would suck because I don't think it would look strong if that were the case. None of the other water birds in the series have beefy designs, so that would be another point for more original looking starters.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Here is another set I just discovered (thanks Twitter!) that I adore:

https://twitter.com/vcreateart/status/1508775033660862467?s=21&t=q_rHX4i-aSAtYmpSF945fA

It deserves a lot more attention than it's getting - the art and concepts are amazing. ❤️

The fanart makes me like Quaxly a lot more. I'm wanting to pick Sprigatito because I love cats, but if it becomes bipedal like Incineroar, I'd just keep it in the middle stage evo like I did for Litten.

Sprigatito's design should expand into flowers. I definitely see Psychic or Fairy becoming the second typing. We need more Grass/Fairy types!

Back