• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Hex Editor do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
  • So, I made this thread to see what hex editors you all use... And to see how many people don't use them. :P

I use Hex Workshop. ^^

Post/vote. FTW!!!!!!

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Hex Workshop.

I've never used anything else so I can't really say its better than any other Hex Editor but it hasn't caused any problems yet.

Years
  • I got a few. Just depends.
    Usually Hex workshop because it's easy. Right Click the file and then just click Hex edit with Hex workshop.
    But I also like Windhex. That one's good too. Supports tables.

Hat?

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2008
    I've only ever really used WindHex, even since before hacking Pokemon.
    I don't think it has as many tools as Hex Workshop but I'm quite used to all the shortcuts and features it does have and like thethethethe said it has table support, which is good for the stuff I do.

CR0SELL

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2008
    Hmm, cool thread darcy, I use Hex Workshop. Although im to cheap so i have to get a different Hex editor because my trial is bout to end.

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
  • I use Thingy 32 for easy table management. Like for text edits and so.
    For others the great Hex Workshop!
    Also lately I've been using Translhextion for edit some DP text. It's good because it can hande 2-bytes-per-character tables.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • I use the portable version of HxD. It's great to use since I hardly ever do hex editing.

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • XVI32.

Best HEX editor there is (that's free). The only reason hardly anybody uses it is because it is a general HEX editor and not just used for ROM hacks ;)

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I use Hex Workshop and i think i used the one built into XSE at one time....but i do little hex editing right now so i work with what i have handy.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back