• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What if you woke up in an asylum

Years
  • I would yell like a maniac. Then demand my lawyer, only to remember I don't have one.

So yeah, what if you woke up in one of those bouncy rooms with a straight jacket on?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'd struggle like a madman to try to free myself from the straightjacket. But, the doctors would think I'd be more insane than before, so when they're not looking, I'll try the escape attempt, though it may be nigh-on impossible.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    I'd probably try to stay calm and talk to someone to clear up the misunderstanding, because screaming and trying to get out would just make me look crazy :L

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
  • If I woke up in a straight jacket anywhere, I'd probably end up screaming regardless of how crazy I'd look. Looking crazy isn't really something you'd be thinking of if you woke up in a strange room restrained. Though I doubt the practicality of this ever happening, I can see this method being used in extreme cases, but otherwise I don't think they'd be allowed to legally impede on your rights by locking you up in a loony bin while you were asleep. At least that's what your post implied, that they took you away while you were asleep or otherwise unconscious for whatever reason.

Years
  • I would be befuddled, to say the least, and beg to know what the point of me being there is. I would, then, inquire and find out reasoning.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • i would attack the person who next walks into the asylum while demanding answers. Although that would probably cause me to stay in the asylum longer wouldn't it?

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I can comfortably say that if I woke up in an asylum I'd be at home.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    i'd get to know the interesting people and revel in the free shelter n stuff. i'd hope they didn't see me as dangerous though, if i had to stay in a straight-jacket/padded room i'd try to "behave" and work my way to a more social division of the facility

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • If I woke up in an asylum, I'd just assume that the people who put me here know me better than I know myself and resign myself to the knowledge that I'm insane and the life I thought I had was all a fabricated lie brought on by my imagination's need to escape my actual reality.

In fact, the fact that the fabricated life supposedly stopped all of a sudden may just be a sign that I"m becoming cured and may well be released into society in the near future. :P

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Obviously that'd probably mean that this life that I'm living now is a delusion. I'd accept that I need help, try to figure out what it is to fix it.

Reminds me of the movie Shutter Island.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • What are you talking about, isn't that where I am now? 0_o

:P

I would feel scared if I didn't know how I got there, and then on impulse I would try to get out of the jacket, and after inevitable failure on that part, I would probably meditate to try and stay calm. And if that failed, I would try to find some way to entertain myself without going really crazy in there, as I know if that happens they would probably inject me with sedatives and then strap me down in a stretcher-like thing. Believe me, I've seen it happen, and it doesn't look like fun. :O

jujuju

The Guelah Papyrus
    Years
  • This is my biggest fear. I just can't handle the notion of not being able to know what is happening at any given moment or be in a place surrounded by people who act without comprehending what they are doing. Freaks me out

Years
  • To be honest, bouncing around, yelling and demanding my lawyer would only reinforce the Asylum's view that I'm crazy, so I'd act as normal as possible to get out. :DD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • If that would ever happen to me, I'd try my best to calm myself down and try to talk to somebody about this misunderstanding.

However, if I came to realize that this was on purpose and that the government was experimenting with me, I'd say that screaming would be at the top of my priority. I might even try to fight my way out of there, even though I'm tied down and everyone either have a lethal injection or gun ready.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It would be better than my dorm, at least. I'd make the best of it until I could talk to someone and get the situation cleared up.

Unless my oddball obsessions are the reason I got put there in the first place. I mean, an 84 year old raving about how Buicks are the best thing since sliced bread, who watches anime designed for 10-year-old girls, and who considers a Quality Inn to be the equivalent of heaven - wouldn't you lock someone like that in an asylum? :P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I honestly don't know what I'd do. I guess... think then just try to find a way out of the situation. I would really hate being in one.

Back