• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2020
    Hi, have a defect card that i would like to know more about and if it's of any value. I don't know any name etc. but i will attach pic to this post. Basically the color and positioning is bit off in this one. Also wanted to ask where i could look for prices of OG cards? have a lot of them, not super rare ones but would be nice to get some hint how much each is worth if someone is interested in buying those. Well since i can't post links here is url to pic of defect card: imgur. com/a/4HQSFzP

Years
    Hi, have a defect card that i would like to know more about and if it's of any value. I don't know any name etc. but i will attach pic to this post. Basically the color and positioning is bit off in this one. Also wanted to ask where i could look for prices of OG cards? have a lot of them, not super rare ones but would be nice to get some hint how much each is worth if someone is interested in buying those. Well since i can't post links here is url to pic of defect card: imgur. com/a/4HQSFzP

That almost looks like someone just cut a poster up into card-sized pieces on your defect card? https://imgur.com/a/4HQSFzP is what pulls up when i go to your link. Got any more pictures?

For anything with a rarity of rare or higher, the average of sold listings on ebay would work. Pkmncards.com is my preferred database to look up cards currently and it pulls its Low, Median, and High sale prices from TCGPlayer, which has a more accurate accounting of values based on card condition.

This all assumes you're in the USA, though. If you're in the EU, cardmarket.com is the better bet. Does this help?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2020
    I found this celebi when looking though my old pokemon collection but I couldn't find a picture online with a printed signature. Could somone please tell me how much it's worth?
    it is a 92/101 triumphant celebi

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    I found this celebi when looking though my old pokemon collection but I couldn't find a picture online with a printed signature. Could somone please tell me how much it's worth?
    it is a 92/101 triumphant celebi
    Sounds like the Celebi from this deck. I don't know how much it's worth individually (I saw one listed for $4 but none sold on eBay), but these World Tournament proxies generally aren't nearly as valuable as the "real" versions. (They're essentially official "fakes," not eligible for tournament use and even printed on a thinner stock IIRC.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    Hi there!

Recently I was going through my Pokemon cards and I found one that piqued my interest. Here is some information about it: it's a fire enrgy card, collector number 116/123 from the Heartgold Soulsilver set, but it is a reverse holo card. I'm struggling to find any information about it. Can somebody help?

Thanks for your time!

Years
    Hi there!

Recently I was going through my Pokemon cards and I found one that piqued my interest. Here is some information about it: it's a fire enrgy card, collector number 116/123 from the Heartgold Soulsilver set, but it is a reverse holo card. I'm struggling to find any information about it. Can somebody help?

Thanks for your time!

Got a picture for condition? That just sounds like a reverse holo Fire Energy from the set, which was normal at the time, but the art on the energy cards makes those a bit more in demand. In mint/near mint condition, I think that'd fetch, based on TCGPlayer listings that don't differentiate between the normal and the reverse holo version, $12.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2020
    Got a picture for condition? That just sounds like a reverse holo Fire Energy from the set, which was normal at the time, but the art on the energy cards makes those a bit more in demand. In mint/near mint condition, I think that'd fetch, based on TCGPlayer listings that don't differentiate between the normal and the reverse holo version, $12.

Hi donavannj. Thanks a lot for your help! Here's a link to the picture:

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2020
    Hello everyone.

I'm hoping someone here can help as I really know nothing about Pokemon cards.

I was taking a stroll and found a Pokemon card on the ground.

When I got home I noticed that the name on the card is 'Earfetch'd' rather than 'Farfetch'd'

Hopefully you fine chaps know if that's simply a forgery or perhaps a printing error that could be valuable?

A. Earfetch'd
    B.not sure?
    C 68/108
    D. I don't think so

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hello everyone.

I'm hoping someone here can help as I really know nothing about Pokemon cards.

I was taking a stroll and found a Pokemon card on the ground.

When I got home I noticed that the name on the card is 'Earfetch'd' rather than 'Farfetch'd'

Hopefully you fine chaps know if that's simply a forgery or perhaps a printing error that could be valuable?

A. Earfetch'd
    B.not sure?
    C 68/108
    D. I don't think so

Hi there! This sounds interesting. A picture would be very helpful. You can attach it to your post using the full post editor.

It's the Evolutions Farfetch'd, right? Does it look like this:
    Spoiler:

I'm not seeing any information about any common misprints for this card, but it could be an ink blotch. If you found it on the ground you could try to gently scrape away the debris. Or it could possibly be a counterfeit card. Either way, I'm going to assume it's in fairly poor shape and therefore not worth all that much. Still, not everyday you find a Pokemon card lying on the ground! I'd keep it for the novelty. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2020
    Hello
    I was seeing through my old pokemon cards when I came across this "special" card
    It is a "Mightyena 18/108" and it is a bit damaged
    I don't care how much it is worth but rather, what's up with the card because I can't find any pictures of it
    You see, it has a golden border and the card itself is a bit rough, so is the part of the picture which does not contain the pokemon itself. In addition, you cant see its HP. Otherwise, it is completely identical to the "normal" card
    I don't know if it is fake, really rare a misprint or something else, but either way I`d love to know where this card came from
    I would like to post a link to the picture I`ve taken of it but there's something about you needing to post 5 times to prevent spam from bots
    Edit:
    Normal:
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CAIQjRxqFwoTCPi369CFsOoCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD
    My:
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/663807072412106772/728436987232780419/20200703_042751.jpg

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hello
    I was seeing through my old pokemon cards when I came across this "special" card
    It is a "Mightyena 18/108" and it is a bit damaged
    I don't care how much it is worth but rather, what's up with the card because I can't find any pictures of it
    You see, it has a golden border and the card itself is a bit rough, so is the part of the picture which does not contain the pokemon itself. In addition, you cant see its HP. Otherwise, it is completely identical to the "normal" card
    I don't know if it is fake, really rare a misprint or something else, but either way I`d love to know where this card came from
    I would like to post a link to the picture I`ve taken of it but there's something about you needing to post 5 times to prevent spam from bots

You can upload a picture as an attachment to your post, I believe.

Are you saying you have something like this:
    Spoiler:

Where the card itself it miscut / misaligned? I'm not sure I'm understanding what kind of error card you have here.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2020
    At the top of the card where the hp should be there's nothing but empty space
    You can see the element but not the "hp" nor how much hp it has.
    I have to post at least 5 posts so I will try to just type a letter to boost my posts up to 5

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2020
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Man, that's in rough shape. I am 100% confident that that card is counterfeit. The holofoil is all wrong, the texture looks really weird and abnormally bumpy, the colors are off, and it doesn't look like the right font has been used for the body of the card. In fact, I'd try to pull apart the layers to see if it's a sticker. The way the thin holofoil layer is being pulled up at the edges is a clear giveaway. Pokemon cards aren't manufactured like that.

Still, always cool to find something different! I'd keep it lol. :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Reminder to everyone: Please do not needlessly spam posts in order to reach the 5 post minimum. Not only is it against the rules but it's annoying, more work for staff, makes a mess of the section, and is lazy. There's absolutely no reason to not engage in some of the fantastic discussions we have going on in the forums. It's really not hard. Thank you!

As for your card, bubble56, that Farfetch'd is most definitely a fake and not a legitimate Pokémon card with a error.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2020
    Spoiler:
    hi just kinda fell into some cards and know nothing about em. All seem normal but this little guy. Done lots of looking up but still nothing. Any thought or any help really is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• "What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread
      20200707_063343.jpg
      1 MB · Views: 3
    Last edited by a moderator:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    View attachment 92556hi just kinda fell into some cards and know nothing about em. All seem normal but this little guy. Done lots of looking up but still nothing. Any thought or any help really is greatly appreciated.
    Too many errors to be real. Wrong font for the Trainer subheader (close, but not quite wide or bold enough), tiny name, effect text is too wide, spaces missing after punctuation marks, "é" is a different font than the rest of the text... 100% fake.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Spoiler:
    hi just kinda fell into some cards and know nothing about em. All seem normal but this little guy. Done lots of looking up but still nothing. Any thought or any help really is greatly appreciated.

Hi! Hope you don't mind I edited your post to put the image in a spoiler because it's so big. This way it doesn't stretch out the page. :)

I second icycatelf though, there's far too many inconsistencies in the text for that to be anything other than a fake card.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back