• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favorite world environment?

bayant

master of puppets
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    Whatever's depressing and wilds dont appear every other step.

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    my fav would be either a tropical island/jungle (if it's done well), or a snowey place.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
    As for me... I would prefer Routes with rivers and mountains as my favorite. As well as some snowy Routes as well.

Also, it would be great if there was something to edit the weather or something, so that way... the Routes that are snowy can have the hail effect in battle, like it is in the 4th generation... including Mt. Silver. And rather in the effect of the hail going across from top right to bottom left. Then it would really give the winter effect and chills. xD

Art Murder

Demi
    Years
    Blizzard/tundra type stuff. I haven't actually PLAYED one with this, but I am working on adding a tundra to my hack.

That and stuff obnoxiously high in the air. xD

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
    I like cold and/or wet places. I also like complicated forests and jungles like the ones in Pokemon Quartz. My hack will have rainy flooded areas in the south, and hot and dry areas in the north. (I'm gonna HATE mapping that part) In the middle is perfect. (again, I prefer cold so I won't enjoy mapping that part either)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    Forests and water routes :) Also caves, where you have to make puzzles, like Strength puzzles or ice sliding.
    I still have to try out underwater maps, but I'll probably like them most.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Routes, forests, basically anything natural except for mountains.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    I like beaches the most but they're really hard to pull off well in a ROM hack. They're beautiful in real life but in a game, just seeing the same sand tile repeated over and over again gets boring. There isn't a whole lot that the hacker can do to spice things up, either. Other than rocks (which are just annoying), palm trees (same), patches of grass, and umbrellas, there aren't many features that you can add to a beach unless you're willing to do something like this.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    Swamps, like in Pokemon Quartz. They are very nice for me if they aren't done with DPPt swamp tiles. >_<
    I also love Haunted and Pine forests or beaches with Dewford trees (RS style). ^^

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    I like warm areas like Deserts and Savannah. I also like all forests, except snowy ones.

Back