• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your favourite type?

Favourite Type?

• Bug

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Dark

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dragon

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Electric

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Fairy

• Fighting

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Fire

• Flying

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Ghost

• Grass

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Ground

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ice

• Normal

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Poison

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Psychic

• Rock

• Steel

• Water

• Total voters

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
Years
  • Fairy if had to pick one

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • T̷͚͓̮͇͎̲͒̊͠a̴̧̞̿̉͛͗̆̎͘ķ̴̻͖̹́̚͝e̸̹͉͔̦͊̒ ̵͈̰͎̖̯͉̻̭́̾͝ä̶̹͙̬̞͍͈̖́̈͒͗̍̍͐͜͠ ̵̫͖̭͑ͅg̸̺̖̮̝̟̞̙̐͗́̾͋ų̸͍̩̠͉̼͎́͂͜ͅe̵̢̼̣̅̾͒͠s̶̡̮̦̳̈̂̇̎̀̇̓s̸͚̙̣̘̿

...Okay, seriously though: Ghost all the way. I love spooky, creepy and mysterious things, so this is literally the perfect type for me. I feel like it tends to have the most interesting Pokemon as well (although of course all types have their share) - how can I not love a type that contains things like possessed locust shells, keystones full of imprisoned evil spirits, and actual dead humans?!

My second favorite, and it's actually pretty close, is Psychic type - what can I say? I like the paranormal ones. I'd actually estimate that most of my favorite Pokemon are Psychic type (moreso than Ghost), but that's partially because I like legendary and mythical Pokemon so much, and Psychic tends to be the type that gets slapped onto those.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • For the longest time, it was Dark just because my favourite Pokemon have always been that type (and still is!) and there isn't a Dark-type I dislike. Nowadays, it's Dragon just because most of my favourites are either that type or are in the Dragon Egg Group; Dark's still a second though.

Years
  • Generic and typical but the dragon type take my vote! If only they weren't so hard to train and take ages to evolve, guess that's what makes them so tough! Psychic comes a close second and grass in third with some really cute Pokemon ^_^

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Electric will always be at the top for me and then Steel and Poison types come in second and third.

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Psychic-types have a lot of Pokémon with various kinds of appeal while maintaining some smartness associated with the type.

A lot of Legendary Pokémon I like also happen to be Psychic-types.

It helps that they're the absolute best type in Kanto in Gen I. Even after the subsequent nerf in Gen II, some could still learn a variety of special moves like the Elemental Punches. After the physical/special split in Gen IV, many did take quite a hit, but as soon as we got the Fairy-type and Mega Evolutions in Gen VI, many have also bounced back into the competitive environment.

My favourite Psychic Pokémon are Mewtwo, Alakazam, Espeon, Metagross, Lunala, Lugia, Starmie, Hoopa, Mr. Rime and Gardevoir.

Years
  • My favourite used to be Dragon, but since Generation 5 they've really hit it out of the park with Bug-type Pokémon. Some of my favourites include Volcarona, Golisopod, and Orbeetle.

Pokeballers

Pokeballers
    Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2020
    FIRE! My cards for TCG are fire type 🔥 that Reshiram and Charizard GX card is 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Years
  • I don't think I've ever had a solid #1 favorite type. Fairy, Ice, Steel, Psychic, and Dark are probably my collective favorites, with those first two being just a slight bit higher than the other three.

IronScyther

7th Gym Leader Bug trainer
    Years
  • Mine tends to change as well, but it's mostly Fire, Water, Ghost, and Bug. But my absolute favorite Pokémon are the last two scyther and haunter

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Grass gang, green and mean. Dark is a cool type as well. It offers creative freedom design-wise.

Back