• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Kind Of Music Do You Listen To?

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
  • Looking at my iPod.. Least 70% of it is Hardstyle / Techno / House
    Or something like that. 7
    I enjoy the club, But i normally only go on wednesdays because its $4 drinks. ;)
    Other than that. Aussie Hip-Hop would be a passion of mine. I really enjoy our culture of MC's
    And throw in some Main stream Hits, & the odd Parkway Drive album. And thats me done. :)

So guys, What music are you into?

TY

House
    Electro
    Hardstyle
    Drum and Bass
    Drumstep
    Dubstep
    Chillstep
    and more things that end with -step xD

Years
  • I listen to a lot of stuff ranging from the more mainstream to the really alternative.

I listen to everything from Reggae to hardcore, from alternative rock to country.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    More modern artists. I really like the pop, pop-rock, and dubpop genres.

Years
  • I mainly listen to old stuff (Pop/Rock from the 60's to the 90's), but I also listen to video game music and I have the pokemon albums "2.B.A Master" and "Pokemon Christmas Bash" on my iPad/iPod as well as two songs from "Totally Pokemon" ("Pokemon Johto" and "Two Perfect Girls")
    Now, as far as the old stuff I mainly listen to goes, I listen to The Beatles (Because Ringo Starr, the drummer narrated Thomas the Tank Engine when I was little), E.L.O (Electric Light Orchestra), Atlanta Rhythm Section (A.R.S.), anything from the 60's or 80's and I also listen to Ray Stevens (A comedy artist).
    I really hate Country music except for three songs, 1. the Rascal Flatts cover of "Life is a Highway" (Only because it was in the movie "Cars") 2. "Long Black Train"- Josh Turner (Because I know where they shot the music video for it) and 3. "I Love NASCAR" (A parody of "I Love this Bar") by Cledus T. Judd

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
    Years
  • From time to time i get into the beatles.

Even though I'm not into metal as much as i used to be. My favourite album of ALL TIME would be 'Ride The Lightning' by Metallica.
    FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE!
    What Kind Of Music Do You Listen To?

Years
  • Most variations of rock, especially the harder sounding stuff. A lot of dubstep, drum and bass, house, electro, pretty much any electronic music. Some video game music. I have several songs from the soundtracks of my favorite video games, although not a lot.
    But I'll pretty much listen to anything as long as it has a nice melody.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2013
    Shouldn't this go in General Entertainment?

Eh, it varies drastically.
    One minute I'll be listening to Five Finger Death Punch, then Motion City Soundtrack, then Ugly Duckling, then Gaelic Storm, then ZUN, then Rise Against, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Styx, Toby Keith, Of Monsters and Men, AFI, Christian Kane. . . You get the point. . . Even if you don't know all of these guys.

Years
  • Lots of genres. And examples of my fave artists/bands will be in parentheses...like:

Metal (5FDP and Fear Factory)
    Djent (Meshuggah)
    Relaxing
    Electro (Avicii)
    Dance
    Dubstep (Excision and Mantis)
    Drum and Bass (Netsky)
    Chill
    Video Game
    And Chiptune (AKA 8-Bit)

Years
  • I'm mostly down with dancey music, but with the electro sound so lots of electro-. I'm not really a fan of the "hard" sound of D&B, dubstep, hardstyle, etc.

House (French, electro)
    Swing (electro)
    Disco (nu disco)
    Trap

Romantic, avant-garde early 20th c
    Hip hop/rap: I love alternative rap and the new trap sound.
    Rock: I like some Japanese rock bands for some reason, their sound is just a lot fresher than what I hear in North America. Alternative is generally good.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • I've always listened to rock, but lately, it's been more of the punk and alternative kind. I don't know, I like that. =D

Edit: Also, guys, this thread belongs in CCP, so please stop reporting it. General Entertainment has a "no listing" policy which I'll admit, I was only recently made aware of. Since this thread does just that, basically list what kind of music you listen to, it's deemed a better fit here.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • On my iPod:
    Classic/Piano/Jazz - 86 songs
    HipHop/Rap/R&B - 132 songs
    Death/Metal/Rock - 234 songs
    Techno/Electro/Dubstep - 123 songs

Honestly I love all types of music, I just happen to listen to metal/rock more often because I like listening to the sound of guitars. The music I listen to just depends on my mood.

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
    Years
  • I preffer classic music almost nobody listens to anymore. :c
    I do like a few modern styles, though.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    My favourite genres are J-pop, ska punk, pop punk, post-hardcore, and metalcore.

According to Last.fm, my most listened to artists are Reel Big Fish, The Wonder Years, A Skylit Drive, and A Day to Remember. I also really like Save Ferris, Kyary pamyu pamyu, ClariS, The Devil Wears Prada, Underoath, We Came as Romans, and From First to Last.

The Wonder Years, ClariS, Kyary pamyu pamyu, and A Day to Remember are my all time favourite artists though.

https://www.last.fm/user/PurpleMateria

I have 22GB of music, most of which is metalcore.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Hmmmm.... I guess i'll just put my favorite genres

1. Rap/Hip-Hop
    2. Country
    3. Soul Music
    4. OST/Orchesteral/Piano Music

I listen to a lot other stuff though... Good music is good music :p

Years
  • I like music of almost all kinds, like seriously, I like listening from things such as Blues Jazz, to old/modern day, to rap, to heavy metal or Death Core. My main favourite styles would have to be Punk and Funk, I also love a song with a good bass guitar riff. :P

My favourite bands at the moment would have to be Reel Big Fish, Green Day, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Gorillaz, Blink 182 and well.. There is a lot to name. I love my music, it's a big part of me.

Back