• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What mode of brightness?

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2021
    As the title says What mode of brightness do you keep your DS or DSi on?

I keep it on the lowest, saves battery;)

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    Aha, lowest level XD; yeah I want to save battery too. I've had it on that a level for ages, so when I light it up more, it's too bright for my eyes x_x

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I have the chunky original DS, so I only have two modes: one that I can see but gobbles up my batteries (light on) and one that I have to squint, even in good light to see. :P I keep mine on the former - I have no idea how I managed to play GBC back in the day. XD

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I keep mine on the lowest setting (0) usually if I'm playing at night. But during the day, it depends on how bright it is around me. I think I tend to keep it on 1.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    On the original DS which I have, there are only 2 options, normal & dark. So I choose normal.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
    I have it on the brightest. I tend to play it in the early hours of the morning when all the lights are off. So for me I use the brightest. But if I play during the day I use the lowest as it saves battery.

Years
    Yep. I use the 'on' setting. It means I can tell what I'm doing without having to hold the DS at the right angle in the sunlight. There's no point saving battery if it makes it a chore to play.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    My DS Lite is always on the second lowest brightness and my DSi is on the lowest when I play at night and the second lowest for almost every other time.

Years
    Normally I have my DS Lite on the second lowest setting. I'll use the lowest setting if I'm playing in the dark, though. Highest I'll use is the second brightest setting.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I keep it on lowest almost all the time. The battery lasts longer but, more importantly, most of the time my DS gets used the most as I'm falling asleep. If the light is too bright it hurts my eyes and wakes me up too much. Honestly, I wish there were a dimmer setting. Forget brighter screens, I want dimmer ones in new consoles. XD;

I have had to set it up to high the last while, though. :[ If I play my DS on the way home from work, the sun is too bright and I can't see a thing baaaw.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I don't even remember what the settings are. I think the original DS is just on and off? I have it on. With the lite I think I have on the second option (or third, depends if you count off as an option. Basically, 1 above what on is on the original)

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I keep it as low as possible, just like I do on my computers.

Keeping a screen on maximum brightness all the time shortens its useful life a lot faster =<

talesfan1

Ruler of the Adephagos
    Years
    i normally change the brightness depending on the environment i am playing in, ie. very bright areas i turn it down dark areas i turn it up

SpRiTeRnInJa

Keeper of Gangachu
    Years
    I do the brightest. i just know i can charge it later and i dont really go mobile with my ds so its no big deal

Back