• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Music/Artists Do You Hate?

Converge

Take One Last Breath
Years
  • Are there any types of music you just cant stand?

For me, i personally hate Most Rap and Country.

A band that i absolutely cant stand, brokeNCYDE. Personally i find it truly embarassing that people enjoy this excuse for music.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I hate anything by Disney, or anything in general that's horribly overrated and highly underwhelming.

Taylor Swift is the best example. Her music is a fat pile of crap, yet everyone loves her and I can't understand why. She's nice, down-to-earth and a great person, but her songs are boring and I can't stand most of her fans. :|

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I hate whatever type of of music happens to be widely hated at the time, so that I fit in with the crowd and I can constantly baaaw about how much I hate that kind of music.
    I also think Lady Gaga is rather overrated.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I'm don't care for country, rap, or any type of really hard rock. With that said, my knowledge of music in general since 1992 is rather limited. I just don't keep up with the new music nowadays.

Years
  • Techno, Rap and Pop.

Techno is no real music for me, i can't stand this 'Utz Utz Utz' what it sounds like.

Rap... I don't like the sound of it too much, but even worse are most of it's listeners. It's extremely popular among anti-social 12year old kids from lower school forms that think they're 'gangster'. This is not even a stereotype like it might look at first, i see/hear how true it is all days. Maybe it's different in other countries..

Pop... It's just overrated, in my opinion it really doesn't sound good enough to be the #1 music direction... But the radio sends nothing else, except for some stations for old people which have folk music.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Country and Heavy Metal. Not my thing really.

And I can't stand:
    - Jonas Brothers
    - Hannah Montanna
    - Naked Brother Band
    - (Anything else made famous by Disney Channel)

Years
  • As someone said above, anything by disney. And the likes of Taylor Swift- I really find stuff like that just plain annoying (though I must admit, I felt a little sorry for her after the whole Kanye incident). My friend, on the other hand, finds it intriguing, and spends money on it.
    I don't care much for certain rap artists or pop groups, but I suppose I do like a fairly wide variety of music.

Years
  • I don't hate much music. As in like five years ago I hated anything that wasn't my style of music, but my music taste has expanded into heaps of genres over the past years. In general, I don't like most of the music in the Australian/American Top 30 (they're basically the same), with the exception in the past half a year or so of that song by The Temper Trap. So basically all that Kesha stuff and Akon and stuff or whatever the cool artists are at the moment. Oh yeah, and with the exception of Lisa Mitchell too, her music is pretty popular and I still like it, but you know what I mean by popular music right? Like all the overproduced crap on the radio.

Anyway, anything you find on the Country channel is pretty awful. Like I won't say it's all bad because there's bound to be at least one song I don't mind but in general it's mostly bad. Uh... techno I don't have much love for (I like electro, just not dance techno etc). Oh yeah bands like The All American Rejects and Simple Plan with whiny voices I don't like. Don't like Asian pop or like power metal (ie. Dragonforce or something). But yeah, most music is cool with me providing it's not lame XD

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I hate Country and anything that bores me or just doesnt sound good (IMO). Any artists specifically? Taylor Swift(who I used to like actually) and Elvis.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Taylor Swift reeeally grinds my gears. You don't know how painful it was to see her dominate in nearly every category (especially when Gaga deserved all the awards she got >:c). Uggh the Kanye incident is the cause of her sudden increase in popularity. She's boring. (ps: artist of the year my tailfin)

Others include Lil' Wayne and the cast that made Disney possible!

Years
  • I don't hate genres or artists per se, but I do hate it when the music takes a back seat to the image an artist tries to portray. This can be mostly harmless, like when an artist wears ridiculous, attention-seeking costumes which focus more on the artist than the music. It's a little sad, but it doesn't affect the music. It's really bad when the line between artist and persona blurs and an artist who puts on the persona of a redneck/diva/gansta/sex machine/whatever starts making music which all references this and only serves to reinforce that image.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    With an awful case of general hype avoidance, I tend to avoid a lot of the new, 'popular' stuff that plays on the radio a lot. A lot of the songs may be popular now, but I'm not certain if they have the substance to still be liked ten years from now.

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • Rap, Disney & Lady Gaga. OMG! I hate them so much! I Also Hate 浜崎あゆみ(Ayumi Hamasaki). I Only like Asian Pop (Or 宇多田Pop [Utada Pop]) Then I Like Rock, Asian Rock, Asian R&B etc -

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Lil' Wayne. He, and most of those other rappers out there, sound ridiculous. How they ever got to be so popular when their songs are so unintelligible and filled with annoying sounds I'd love to know...

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
  • I agree with basically everybody in this thread, I absolutely HATE new music! I find it so....well, you know. But yeah, music died after Kurt Cobain's death and the end of the 90's. 80's and the 90's were just the best! Shame about what music is like now though.. :\

Back