• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] What old Pokemon would you like to return?

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    We've seen many old Pokemon showcased in the first trailer, which means we should be getting a larger regional dex with previous gen Pokemon again!

What previous gen Pokemon would you like to see featured in the Galar regional dex?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I remember every old mon shown in the XY trailer ended up in the final game so it seems most likely everyone shown there would end up in the final product of this game too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    A lot of man made Pokémon to go with the industry themes we keep seeing. Klink line for sure

There was a Fletchling vane so we riot if he isn't there

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    A lot of man made Pokémon to go with the industry themes we keep seeing. Klink line for sure

There was a Fletchling vane so we riot if he isn't there

Agreed there should be klink, trubbish, magnemite, pawniard...
    But if they aren't gonna be putting honedge in there, they can go ahead and cancel the whole thing

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    What old Pokemon would you Like to see return?

So far, it seems Grubbin, Micinno and Pikachu will be in Pokemon Sword & Shield, but what other Pokemon would you like to see return? I'd honestly like to see more Pokemon from gens 3-7 return; less Gen 1 Pokemon outside the obvious staples (Pikachu, Clefairy maybe Jigglypuff and Eevee).

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
    Eevee has to make a return because we're due for a new Eevolution ^_^ As for Pikachu returning means our Anime Protagonist is likely heading to that new region or a new Protagonist starts out with a Pikachu. I'd like to see Dog Pokemon like Houndour, Stoutland and Furfrou seeing as Dogs are rather big in UK. Hmm Dogs + Eevee(Fox Pokemon)... Release the HOUNDS!!!

Years
    I think I've seen Hoothoot, Wishiwashi and Lucario in the trailer. Ultimately I hope there will be every Pokémon available, unlike in Alola games.

Years
    • Age 28
    • he/him
    • Seen May 24, 2024
    I wonder if we'll see much in the way of Sinnoh representation in this gen...

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm hoping we see some Pokemon that haven't been in a regional dex in a while. I'm mainly looking at X/Y, Sun/Moon and Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon for this. (not counting friend safari or QR pokemon)

Yamask/Cofugrigus
    Cherubi/Cherrim
    Maractus (and maybe give it a new cross gen evolution, not a mega)
    Darumaka/Darmanitan
    Frillish/Jellicent
    Bouffalant
    Koffing/Weezing

X & Y were still kind of recent so I'm not as pushed about those Pokemon reappearing. (though I still hope we get some 6th gen Pokemon that didn't appear in Alola, we've already got a good start with Espurr/Meowstic)

Edit: Just had another thought. I'd like to see Sawsbuck make an appearance. (and have an alternate way to change their form since seasons probably aren't coming back)

Last edited:

Big Bear Lake

Nothing but the bare essentials
    Years
    I feel like Pawniard and Bisharp would fit in very well in Galar! I'd also like to see the Haxorus line return. Axew especially would be a nice tie-in for a theme of medieval weaponry.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Thankfully there isn't a Pokemon that I extremely want from another region in this one (good thing too bc one of the most disappointing things about Alola for me was lack of the Oddish line. Bellossom not in hawaii why......) That said though Dog Pokemon I definitely want to see within the region and any sword/shield Pokemon as per the title names. So Bisharp, Gallade (so the Ralts family), Honedge (!!!!!), etc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    does anyone know how pokemon bank will work?

And these games are more expensive for switch, so do you think there will be a lot of exclusives.

lilaë21

Roaming Sinnoh
    Years
    I'd like to have many Gen II, III, and V mons more than the other ones; even though I like gen IV ones, if DPP are going to be remade this gen most likely there will be a very small number of Sinnoh Pokémon in SwSh (the Lucario line will be in as confirmed by the trailer and so will Munchlax, though my hopes for them are the Lumineon and Drapion lines). Due to the snowy areas I think we could end up with a good amount of ice types - and I really hope we'll get the Spheal line. Also Snover would fit too well for its line to not be in.

Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2022
    Eevee needs to be there for more eeveelutions.

Honedge and evolutions..obvious reasons

Luxray due to some cool royal family crests I see in my head.

aron, ryhorn, larvitar, ponyta, mudbray... due to evolutions being used in knight army of pokemon war

Years
    I would like a lot of Gen 6/7 Pokemon to return. Even though I didn't like the games, I did like most of the Pokemon (except for the Ultra Beasts) and they deserve a second chance in a game that's actually decent. Of course, that's assuming that this game is actually decent, which may be a stretch...

Last edited:

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Grubbin line's been confirmed so I'm happy

But Chansey line pls so we can grind easily

Back