• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What other Pokemon forums do you frequent?

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
Years
What a shame, that was my first forum back when I was young and dumb

Back in the heyday I feel like it was a lot easier to find smaller tight knit communities that actually were active. I think social media, and Reddit especially, are forum killers

Edit: just read all these farewell posts on Marrilland forum, bummer!

Yeah that was really sad, I know people who used to spend all day there. Must have been devastating for some of the more dedicated members to lose something that was such an important part of their life. :x I was only ever active for a short while compared to others so I never built up that same level of attachment.
Yeah for sure! Marriland was basically a second home for me as well as others and I have sadly expected this with the activity waning. I am still in touch with members I have made as friends though.

On the plus side, I have you guys and this lovely forum! <3

Years
this thread still makes me sad that there aren't other pokemon forums. i'm hoping smaller pokemon forums would end up making some sort of return in the future, because i think there's definitely a place for small and cozy forums. they offer a different kind of feeling, i think o:

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
Years
I also use Lake Valor since I'm a mod on there. Like Bamahut and Sheep I used Azurilland/Marriland before it shut down. It was sad seeing the forum decline in activity during those last few years.

Ys

Wandering Spirit
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
Marriland and TheCaveOfDragonflies. But I barely use forums nowadays.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I started out on SPPf and Bulbagarden, then came here. Along the way over the years, I joined with several smaller Pokemon forums. All of those I'm sure disappeared as the Internet grew. The last forum that I joined was Lake Valor, which I know is still around. The only reason why I returned to PC was because I know far more people from here than I do anywhere else (unless they go to other forums).

If it counts, I'm still active on GPX+, but I don't post on the forums that often.

i'm hoping smaller pokemon forums would end up making some sort of return in the future, because i think there's definitely a place for small and cozy forums. they offer a different kind of feeling, i think o:
It's that sense of community that forums provide that people are missing. I see it often brought up on Reddit that people don't know how to enter communities now, or how to make friends. Reddit is far too massive and far too wild for a lot of real connections to come from that site. (It can happen, I'm sure, but there's no easy way to recognize user names. Plus, account creation is way too easy for people to bypass.)

Of course, I think a lot of people aren't willing to put in the work to create a small forum just out of passion for the subject. The Internet is turning into a way where quite a few people do things only as a way to make money, and if a forum isn't worth the money to host it, then people aren't going to keep it up. (And I have seen people [think of] quit[ing] doing what they enjoy doing just because they weren't making money from it. It's a shame to think of what the world is missing because people aren't sharing their work unless it makes a profit.)

Back