• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon do you hope will make it to these games?

Years
  • Pikachu is already shown in the trailer so Eevee is pretty much guaranteed.
    Seviper is in the trailer so Zangoose should be there too.

if the game really is set in a region based on spain then I really want to see oricorio:
    741.png

It's Baile Style is pretty much a flamenco dancer birb.

I'd also just like to see every mon that wasn't in SwSh tbh.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I agree with everyone who is saying that Pokemon who were not in Gen 8 should be in Gen 9. Especially since we are going to lose access to the games eventually. With Pokemon Bank becoming undownloadable if you don't already have it next year. So I want to make a list of pokemon we haven't seen. If I can, I will also add what game they were last in.

Note: This is going by a list I found on the internet posted on the 28th of November, so it should include every pokemon except Legends. If I know they are in those games, I will omit them. Let me know if I missed any. The person who wrote it seems very very bias as well, so I could have forgot some.

Pokemon:
    Spoiler:

Island Scan: While these pokemon could be found through Island scan, you had to have QR Codes. So I listed them because if you didn't have QR Codes, they really couldn't be found except in their region.
    Spoiler:

Someone mentioned Shroomish and Breloom, you can find them in the Great Marsh in BDSP.
    While it probably wouldn't happen in the base game, it would be nice if we got the rest of the Event Legends through In Game events like Keldeo in Crowned Tundra ect.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Vivillon & Oricorio - yessss! Vivillon would be great to add extra formes to especially because there's so much you can do - like with Shellos formes. With it actually being open world we could legitimately see variants of a lot of our favourite multiple variant Pokemon just scattered throughout the region.

Also wow that list, didn't realise how much G7 was shafted recently.

Also y'all... are the Ultra Beasts even considered Pokemon or are they doomed to be forgotten to Gen 7? Even Pokemon that existed in PLA will never advance forward to another region and idk how I feel about leaving Pokemon behind like the Ultra Beasts and things like Wyrdeer. There's no way to really fit their lore in unlike the legendaries where there's almost always a way to somehow slip them in. This is a complaint more with how the series is progressing though but yeah. :(

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Vivillon & Oricorio - yessss! Vivillon would be great to add extra formes to especially because there's so much you can do - like with Shellos formes. With it actually being open world we could legitimately see variants of a lot of our favourite multiple variant Pokemon just scattered throughout the region.

Also wow that list, didn't realise how much G7 was shafted recently.

Also y'all... are the Ultra Beasts even considered Pokemon or are they doomed to be forgotten to Gen 7? Even Pokemon that existed in PLA will never advance forward to another region and idk how I feel about leaving Pokemon behind like the Ultra Beasts and things like Wyrdeer. There's no way to really fit their lore in unlike the legendaries where there's almost always a way to somehow slip them in. This is a complaint more with how the series is progressing though but yeah. :(

Yes they are considered pokemon. Ultra Beasts can be caught in Sword and Shield during raid battle adventurers or whatever, so I didn't include them.... even though the raid battle adventure is probably one of the worst things I've seen honestly.

It has been confirmed that Zoroark Hisui form is in the SV. Whether it is from transferring or not, we don't know yet, but it was an article about Home. All the Hisui Pokemon need is an area where then can prosper, I am very against the idea that these pokemon are 'extinct'. For me, they are no different than other regional variants. If it makes sense to include them, they will be there. The lore for Wyrdeer states that the only reason Stantler evolved was to adapt to the cold. So you just need a cold region or area. With Braviary it is the same, "These pokemon came form a northern land" which again is probably a cold region. With Kleavor, you need a certain mineral. While these mineral may not be available anymore in Sinnoh or the idea was forgotten, it does not mean that another region can't prosper with that mineral it uses to evolve. If anything, they would be similar to fossil pokemon, which have been confirmed to still be living in some area like the Crowned Tundra where they are largely available in the wild. If people can bring back fossil pokemon on a whim, I don't think we have to worry about Hisuian Pokemon being forgotten, even if they are extinct.

Also, ghost pokemon can't really go extinct.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I want Ekans back in Gen 9 its my favouirte Pokemon (yes it was nice to have it in Brilliant Diamond) but I was really upset that it wasn't in Sword & Shield and I am delighted that Seviper will be in Scarlet & Violet always thought it should have been a branched evolution for Ekans.

I want more evolutions and pre evolutions for older Pokemon that don't have them I was pleased that Stantler & Ursaring got long overdue evolutions (I do wish that Johto Qwilfish could evolve into Overquil) there are so many more Pokemon that need evolutions although I have thought Corviknight was a missed opportunity for a Skarmory evolution.

Ditch regional variants

We need more Eevee evolutions Poison, Flying, Bug, Steel, Ghost & Dragon would be wonderful why not Gen 8 was a missed opportunity not to have had one always wondered what the Ground, Rock, Fighting & Normal evolutions for Eevee would look like.

First ever Grass/Fire Pokemon

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
  • I'm hoping we see the Houndoom line (as most countries have myths centered around or mentioning hellhounds), or maybe some regional variant of Manectric, Arcanine or Mightyena.

Years
    • Seen today
    I hope that Venomoth, Breloom, Cacturne, Luxray, Zebstrika, and Gogoat make it in. They deserve a chance to get in a different regional Pokedex.

Other than them, I'd welcome Gengar, Salamence, Volcarona, Ferrothorn, Machamp, Tangrowth, Chandelure, Starmie, Galvantula, Centiskorch, Gliscor, Toxtricity, Araquanid, Togekiss, Lapras, Ampharos, Krookodile, Cloyster, Steelix, Ludicolo, Reuniclus, Drapion, Dodrio, Rhyperior, Grapploct, Palossand, Perrserker, Sigilyph, Mismagius, Lurantis, Lanturn, Donphan, Alcremie, Goodra, Sableye, Turtonator, Skarmory, Shiinotic, Azumarill, Exeggutor, Toucannon, and Vanilluxe back with open arms.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I have a new pokemon and it is a pokemon that used to be my favorite pokemon....

Tropius. Can we please get Tropius again! Please! I really want to see my boy walking around the game world. In recent games that it has been in, it is always flying, and while I know it is part flying type, it is mostly a land pokemon and should walk around more.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • Toucannon, plus any other Pokémon that has only appeared in Gen 7 so far. Would seem a bit of waste to never see some of those Pokémon in any other games.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Omg yessss Toucannon stans unite!!!

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • I second the notion of any creature who barely appeared often in previous games making a return.

Off the top of my head, I can imagine things like: Gogoat, Magcargo, Breloom, Masquerain, Venomoth, Floatzel, Cloyster, Arbok, Tropius, Eelektross etc.

And I also definitely would like Toucannon to be in any new game as for it is my first legit shiny. And I've been wondering why it was not in gen8.

Now, I don't fully disagree with whoever said Eevee shouldn't be in this game, but if that made it into gen8, it probably has a 99% chance of being in almost every new game now. I don't think the programmers are gonna exclude anything that amounts to a mascot of the franchise, and I'm pretty sure many people, including me, want to have a wild card to help fill up whatever type hole we have on our teams.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2024
    Dexited Mons I'd love to see return: Venomoth, Gliscor, Donphan, Mismagius, Honchkrow, Furret, Breloom, Slaking, Minior, Gogoat, Beedrill, Muk, Staraptor, Greninja, and Sawsbuck.

Other Mons I'm definitely up for returning: Hatterene, Gyarados, Crobat, Espeon, Heracross, Centiskorch, Dragonite, Inteleon, Mr. Rime, Cursola, Cinderace, Rillaboom, Swampert, Porygon2, Sceptile, Blaziken, Dragapult, Hydreigon, Golurk, Eiscue, Appletun, Frosmoth, Ninetales, Arcanine, Obstagoon, Garchomp, Milotic, Weavile, Slowking, Aerodactyl, Aggron, Sharpedo, Salamence, Gengar, and Alakazam.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Hoping for Lycanroc because it's my favorite and also how cool would it be to see a sun-based regional form or a dawn form.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • I'll repeat it: if Mimikyu isn't in this game, I'm not getting it. I've kept true to this promise for PLA, and I fully intend to skip ScaVio as well if the ghost baby can't be caught. I'm not going to lie, not seeing it in the reveal trailer has me a little nervous. True, it might foreshadow a regional form (disguised as Eevee? Changeable disguises even?), but I hope Game Freak doesn't leave it in the dust after the Sinnoh hype put it out of focus.

And for Arceus's sake, make it available during the main game! Sw/Sh made a terrible mistake locking it behind Max Raids and post-game weather.

Years
  • I'll repeat it: if Mimikyu isn't in this game, I'm not getting it. I've kept true to this promise for PLA, and I fully intend to skip ScaVio as well if the ghost baby can't be caught. I'm not going to lie, not seeing it in the reveal trailer has me a little nervous. True, it might foreshadow a regional form (disguised as Eevee? Changeable disguises even?), but I hope Game Freak doesn't leave it in the dust after the Sinnoh hype put it out of focus.

And for Arceus's sake, make it available during the main game! Sw/Sh made a terrible mistake locking it behind Max Raids and post-game weather.

As someone who hatched a shiny Mimi in Ultra Sun that barely got to use it, yes please, I would absolutely love to play with it in a new gen. :>

I'd like to see the Johto, Unova & Kalos starters, Smeargle, Phanpy, Makuhita, Numel, Spoink, Shuppet, Sewaddle, Deerling, Tynamo, Ducklet and Skiddo.

a very solid list, especially sewaddle and skiddo

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I miss the old days of being able to get all the mons. I hope to be able to get the majority of them at least. It's more fun to me if there's more to catch

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Mimikyu was SO popular with TPC as a whole when it first came out. Like it even got its own Song. PLA it makes sense why it wasn't there as everything was primitive but I could genuinely see it being featured in G9. For what it's worth it was featured in the latest TCG release so it's definitely on their minds so I think it could defo be a G9 feature.

AlixTheGay

AlixTheGay
    Years
  • I love so many pokemon but one I really want to be ncluded is greninja
    I just really love greninja lol
    but if I had to choose another breloom really needs some love

Back