• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokémon would you have as your starter in real life?

Years
  • Imagine it: you're about to set off on your Pokémon journey with your trusted first Pokémon at your side. What Pokémon would be the starter you begin your adventure with? It doesn't have to be one of the main starter Pokémon in the series, but whatever you want it to be! Maybe something you would be given for your birthday, or that wild Pokémon you saved from being attacked one day.

So what will it be?

BlackSteelDrake

The Almighty Poke Man
    Years
  • Absolutely, positively, 100% Cyndaquil. Or Squirtle/Treecko if other starter types. But Cyndaquil is my favorite hands down and I'm pretty sure it always will be.

clefairydesuyo

fairy type pokétrainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2018
    :t035: My namesake - a Clefairy!
    We'd have great adventures :)

If I had to pick a starter from the games' starters, I'd go with Bulbasaur every time! :11:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I don't want to be clichee, but I totally would start with Eevee so that Flareon could eventually be my fluffy partner. It's like a fire cat ~<3

t0gekiss

Togepi, for one it's cute. Second of all, it evolves into my all-time favourite poke, Togekiss! Which is good in battle, and is a great friend :D

Years
  • Something that wouldn't be too dangerous or require much care. Maybe a Solrock since they just need sunlight to stay healthy.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Something I can fly on...Yeah! a Doduo! haha j/k

maybe a Bagon that will turn into an amazing Salamence I can ride around on :D

someguy.fromnevada

I don't know anymore...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2016
    Assuming we're going off of what the games naturally give us, I'd have to say either Pikachu, Treeko, or Fennekin.

Now, if I was allowed to completely have my own Pokemon of my choice, I'd have to say Espeon.

Purpzie

Probably the strangest person here.
    Years
  • Oooohoho. It's, uh, pretty hard to decide on just one.
    If I had to go with an actual starter, it would be Snivy. (I'm trying very hard not to pick Charmander right now, since I'd only want one because Charizard can fly)
    If anything...? Probably, uh, Talonflame. Birds are awesome. ♥

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    My very first answer to this thread that popped into my mind was "Meowth." Having one for my starter would be just like traveling around with my own cat.

If given the option of starting with one of the standard starters, then my choice would be Charmander.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2019
    The cute ones that as they evolve, become stronger. Totodile, Torchic or Froakie can't decide!

Eevee is my fave though...

pokemongohack

pokemongohack
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Absolutely, positively, 100% Cyndaquil. Or Squirtle/Treecko if other starter types. But Cyndaquil is my favorite hands down and I'm pretty sure it always will be.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I have three answers! Basically my ideal starter would be Pachirisu, I would utterly adore to have one of these as a buddy and honestly I'm not sure what would make me happier. If however it has to be something which can evolve like you'd assume from a starter, I'd go for Sandshrew as he's also one of my very favourites and he'd be cute as buttons to have rolling around the place and look amazing when he evolves. Then if it has to be a three-stage line like every current starter is, I'd go for Oddish because I adore that line and Oddish itself would just be soooo cute and wonderful to have. Poliwag also gets a strong mention but not sure I'd want it to fully evolve haha.

Back