• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What pokemon do you think nintendo treated like a pile of crap?

Glacier

Mayzz Lover
    Years
    Here post any pokemon you think nintendo treated like crap. Horrible anything post it here appearance, stats, movepool ANYTHING.
    Smeargle
    Rattata-Raticate
    Jynx
    Bidoof-Bibarel
    Farfetch'd
    and alot more....

FourFourTwo

*used calm mind*
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    You didnt say only attack wise. You said appearance, movepool, yadayada. What about breeding?

I think every pokemon has its highs and lows.

AlexPriest

The Last of a Generation
    Years
    Eh...Nintendo treated a lot of Pokemon like crap...Like Luvdisc. Was there any reason to even use one. No...

Years
    Cyndaquil.

I've probably said this at least twice in other topics, but it's basically a Charmander double with a slightly different moveset, different egg breeding group, and a different first evolution level. Its evolved forms are pretty much Charmeleon and Charizard doubles, too (the exception being that Typhlosion is pure Fire-type, while Charizard is Fire-Flying). I say this mostly because their base stats are the exact same as those of their Kanto counterpart's.

Also, Cyndaquil's moveset, up until the fourth generation, was pretty pathetic. It couldn't learn anything to defend itself its Ground-type weakness, not even in its final form. And as if that wasn't bad enough, it only learned 6 level-up moves (I'm not counting Tackle and Leer). I'm glad they gave it a few more level-up moves in the fourth generation.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Any common pokemon like Pidgey, Starly, Bidoof, etc. They're only there as HM slaves or for EXP points in the beginning.

Also, there's Luvdisc. And Ditto. Poor thing is just used as a breeding slave. :P

Years
    I think I said this once... Strange ^~^
    Spinda.
    Appearance=Hideous.
    Stats=Even more hideous.
    Even though it has quite a decent movepool (Psybeam, Faint Attack) but its 60 base stat in everything makes it worthless..
    And... Magmortar. Seriously, were they watching circus or what?

Years
    Magmortar, they killed it as soon as they thought of it.

And Typhlosion, he deserves a medal, Why doesnt he gets as hyped as the other three fire starters? :( Just look at him --> :t157: How can you refuse that?

Terry M

Weepinbell: Don't hurt me!!!!!
    Years
    Jynx :t124:

They didn't give it an evo in 4th gen, and every one knows about the controversy......

Last edited:
    Years
    Magicarp. The most useless pokemon ever. The only reason people raise it at all is to get Gyarados. (including me)

AH HA HA HA HA HA, no.

Magikarp @ Focus Sash; Swift Swim
    Adamant; 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
    Flail

This actually does decent damage, believe it or not.

To stay on topic, I say Blissey. I mean, honestly. She's a big pink puffball with an egg that dies to Pound.

legendary-trio

need shiny UNTOUCHED porygon
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen May 15, 2008
    Spearow, I mean no one uses him anyway,
    hes just like a pidey except its evolution can use drill peck.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I think Jynx is... Well.. You know why. XD

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    You mean Geodude? He is actually a pretty decent pokemon if you play your cards right and level it up a little. He can evolve into Graveler and Golem if you raise it enough

Magikarp @ Focus Sash; Swift Swim
    Adamant; 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 Defense
    Flail

This actually does decent damage, believe it or not.

I was talking about before Nintendo included more moves for classic pokemon in Generation 3-4. In Generation 1-2 all Magicarp learned was Splash and Tackle before evolving. Its one of the only water pokemon that can't learn Surf

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    Magmortar, they killed it as soon as they thought of it.

And Typhlosion, he deserves a medal, Why doesnt he gets as hyped as the other three fire starters? :( Just look at him --> :t157: How can you refuse that?

Heck ya I don't know why he gets less attention then freakin Charizard. Charizard sucks so bad out of the fire starters, it gets owned by Rock type moves, especially dangerous to him is Stealth Rock.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
    Heck ya I don't know why he gets less attention then freakin Charizard. Charizard sucks so bad out of the fire starters, it gets owned by Rock type moves, especially dangerous to him is Stealth Rock.

Charizard is a classic pokemon because he was in the original Red/Blue. Back then he was known as a very powerful pokemon. From his intimidating appearance to his powerful fire attacks. People like Charizard because the recall choosing Charmander in Red/Blue or FireRed/Leaf Green.

But I have to agree. Typhlosion isn't hyped enough

Back