• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Pokemon tilt you?

Sirfetch’d

We all have that one Pokemon that we just despise facing that causes us to make many misplays and possibly even throw a match that we could have won otherwise. What are some Pokemon that tilt you? Are there any that you just despise seeing in team preview regardless if you have prepared for them or not?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Anything with Sleep Powder! Roserade especially, I hate that thing so much oh god. Also Chansey and Skarmory for the standard reasons and I'm starting to gather a lot of hate for Clefable now that I'm getting into Gen 6 battling. Not a fan of Tangrowth either!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Heatran is such a ResidentSleeper Pokemon. It's also hell to face...if I mess up and switch in my EQ user too early, it'll be burned and it'll have about zero effect to it now.

Doesn't help that it's the meta slave Pokemon.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • UpmmlGD.gif

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Psycho Shift
    - Stored Power
    - Roost
    - Cosmic Power

This is the one Pokemon that really does my head in. I won't pretend to be some amazing Pokemon player, but I at least use sets that you'd have a reasonable hope to see in a tournament match. To this end, I often expect my opponents on the ladder to be also running competent sets. Unfortunately, this is sometimes not the case. Cosmic Power Sigilyph is completely outclassed by Calm Mind Sigilyph, is easily beaten by a phazer, is significantly inhibited by Lum Berry Drapion, and is utterly walled by Houndoom. Alas, I still find myself incredibly vulnerable to this set a lot of the time as I simply don't prepare for it, expecting better. This usually leads to me swearing at my opponent before forfeiting in disgust.

Honourable mentions:
    deoxys-attack.gif
    arceus-ground.gif
    bronzong.gif
    dugtrio.gif
    mewtwo-mega-x.gif

Offensive Trick Room variants of Bronzong in particular tilt me because my teams are almost always really speedy. Bronzong turns that on its head and dishes out some good damage. Specially defensive Bronzong is just Pursuit / Knock Off bait so it's easy to take out, but OTR Bronzong is often an unpleasant surprise for me.

Years
  • Whilst it's not something that I can't beat by any means, the first thing that came to mind was Tornadus-T in OU. That thing gives me migraines. A while back it was Manaphy though, I truly despised the damn thing lol.

In RU it'd probably be Delphox. It doesn't matter what I do to counter it, I always seem to get wrecked by it.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Fuck you Clefable what the fuck is even your type anymore you piece of shit. Fairy/Normal??? Ice/DrAGON? WTH. Why the Hell can your ICEBEAM OHKO my Landorus. YOu don't even get STAB! You bitch you! The fuck is your defensive stats anyways? I keep confusing your bitch ass for Wigglytuff, so I think you're more of a Physical pokemon.. then I get rekt by your SP moves! but seriously, wtf do I do against you? You whore!

/Titled

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Landorus-Therian. When I use it, barely works. But when the opponent uses it... Oh, ho ho. Hell naw. Ain't no way I winning against that tiger.

François2

#FutureSun&MoonMod
    Years
  • There's a couple of things that tilt me, which aren't necessarily the most common things ever but let's get into them:

- First off is Hydration Vaporeon. That thing is just the worst. Rain teams are great at sweeping and all but I can confidently say that the #1 reason they were so strong in gen 5 is because Drizzle + Hydration + bulk is broken. Nothing can 1v1 Vaporeon's constant 100% heals and unless you one shot it, it'll take your whole team down or run out of PP trying. Broken.

- Second is Sun Roserade. Can someone please explain to me why that pokémon learns WEATHER BALL, of all moves? It was clearly designed with the intent of being countered by Steel types given its typing but for some reason GF decided to give it the ability to use a powerful Fire type move (100 BP before Sun's 50% amp...) and suddenly the thing is one-shotting every steel type you can bring out. Between that and Growth being a Nasty Plot in the sun, as well as Solarbeam being stupidly strong, you've got the most OP sun sweeper you could ask for. Should be banned from at least UU.

- Last one is something I'm sure we've all faced at least once - Venom Drench/Venoshock Crobat. I'd love to know what the counterplay to that thing is outside of Steel/Poison types. The thing is stupidly fast, makes killing it virtually impossible by lowering every offensive stat (speed matters too), it does ridiculous damage because for some reason 130 BP on Venoshock is considered balanced and on top of that, it's not even squishy. Everything melts to it and nothing can even scratch it in return.

Obviously the meta stuff can be annoying too (omg Mega Sableye, Stealth Rock users etc) but what I truly hate is those toxic off-builds that people occasionally use just to ruin your day.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
    Ability: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Psycho Shift
    - Stored Power
    - Roost
    - Cosmic Power[/B][/COLOR]

This is the one Pokemon that really does my head in. I won't pretend to be some amazing Pokemon player, but I at least use sets that you'd have a reasonable hope to see in a tournament match. To this end, I often expect my opponents on the ladder to be also running competent sets. Unfortunately, this is sometimes not the case. Cosmic Power Sigilyph is completely outclassed by Calm Mind Sigilyph, is easily beaten by a phazer, is significantly inhibited by Lum Berry Drapion, and is utterly walled by Houndoom. Alas, I still find myself incredibly vulnerable to this set a lot of the time as I simply don't prepare for it, expecting better. This usually leads to me swearing at my opponent before forfeiting in disgust.

This. this is a hell to face on RU ladder, to make it worse, this thing recently got popular in UU lower ladder as well, i don't usually run phazer and always expected it to be the good set (CM Air Slash set) and screwed when i found it's Cosmic Power one, god damn, this is like the sole reason i stopped laddering on RU.

Back