• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What style of mapping permmisions do you use?

What style do you use?

• Total voters
    Years
    #1 is pointless to do in my opinion.

#2 is what I do.

#3 Why not just fill it in just in case? All you have to do is click the ball on the mouse.

SharpPoint

Suicune used Surf!
    Years
    #1 is pointless to do in my opinion.

#2 is what I do.

#3 Why not just fill it in just in case? All you have to do is click the ball on the mouse.

Perfection is not pointless. Yes, in this case it is, but in certain situations, you'll have to use others. '1' and 'C' just won't cut it every time.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    I voted "Other."

Even though I haven't really posted any maps on here yet, I have a very odd style of mapping where I try to go over the top and add unique parts to my maps.

My map creating process usually involves laying out the basics in a-map, saving the map as a image, and then printing my map on paper. This way I can sit down with a pen and sketch out what more I need to add or fix with my maps.

I also take up a lot of space with huge tilesets. :(

I dont try to be perfect with my maps either, I just add what I think will make that map different from the others and what not.

DemonParia

Gangsterfresh Swagmaster
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    Every time I see a C that's not supposed to be there... I find myself viciously clicking until all of it is filled in.

Lol.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    There is a 4th one, a mix between Perfection and laziness, where you only put like the mountain edges at 1, and the mountainous ground at C. I use that one.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    That's just cheapness... I do the same thing.

It isn't cheapness. For example

1 C 1 CCC 1 is:
    Mountain wall, mountainous ground, mountain wall, 3 lots of mountainous ground, mountain wall.

Not as cheap as completely filling it in.

Years

It isn't cheapness. For example

1 C 1 CCC 1 is:
    Mountain wall, mountainous ground, mountain wall, 3 lots of mountainous ground, mountain wall.

Not as cheap as completely filling it in.

You're getting Security and Cheapness confused.

This is security:

1 1 1 111 1 is:

This is security:

1 C C CCC C is:

But yes, your's is a different. (In which case you say the 'Other' option in the poll).

I usually use Perfection, but sometimes I use Security.

But then the ones using Security are usually edited to Perfection later on.

So for me, it's 'Perfection'. =D

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    You're getting Security and Cheapness confused.

This is security:

1 1 1 111 1 is:

This is security:

1 C C CCC C is:

But yes, your's is a different. (In which case you say the 'Other' option in the poll).

I usually use Perfection, but sometimes I use Security.

But then the ones using Security are usually edited to Perfection later on.

So for me, it's 'Perfection'. =D

So I am. Oh well.

I actually just realised I flit around the different styles. Sometimes I am a perfectionist, a security-ist, but never using the cheapness.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Cheapness is ftw. Too much time spent on useless stuff otherwise. Unless you wanna practice your Movement permissions.

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    Cheapness is ftw. Too much time spent on useless stuff otherwise. Unless you wanna practice your Movement permissions.
    well some people might slip up and in the newest a map pressing the left and right mouse key makes a whole area on movement permission so for one more scened go on the safe side

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
    I do security most of the time, unless I need to use other movement permissions. Perfectionist methods would kill the fun of mapping, as well as waste too much time. Cheapness would make too many movement permission errors, allowing the player to wander into the mountains, trees, or even the blackness inside buildings. Security, is the best way for me, but that might not be for other people, y'know? I do movement permissions one at a time, so I don't have to worry about leftover spaces in mountain tiles or trees.

However, if necesarry, I'll try to go for perfectionism, but not too often. But never cheapness.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
    I will use Cheapness if I'm a mapper.
    Why block off the inside tiles?
    The outside is enough. And I'm sure that I will never leave a tile like that.

Sercurity is for people who wants to waste their time doin' stuff that's not even needed.

As for Perfection, it ain't gonna suit my style. It just doesn't sound like... me...?

Years
    • Seen today
    I like using the "Security" style. I think mapping permissions aren't that important in non-accesible places.
    sometimes i use "cheapness" XD

I never use "Perfection", because i think its a huge waste of your precious free time, and it doesn't help at all.

NatureKeeper

I use perfection most times or security. RARELY, I use cheapness, but in case only the tiles are walkable if they were acessible. (Etc... Green Tiles on the top of an un accesible mountain.)

Father Ash

Born from the fire.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Security. It's almost exactly like scribbling over the place then using a rubber to take off any parts where I went past the lines.

Back