• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What version will you get?

Choose a version!

• Omega Ruby

Votes: 48 25.5%
  • Alpha Sapphire

Votes: 87 46.3%
  • Both

Votes: 51 27.1%
  • Neither >:(

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I think that I will be picking up Alpha Sapphire first, and then Omega Ruby about a month later. I like Alpha better (so far, who knows how different the games will be and how it will influence our opinions) because of generally liking the blue box art over the red, and I feel like it will be less popular in my area, so want to have the different one to everyone else. Kyogre is also more interesting than Groudon imo.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Although I had both Ruby and Sapphire, I was more partial to the latter so I'm definitely getting Alpha Sapphire. Design-wise, I like Kyogre more than Groudon, too.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I really like Kyogre, I way prefer its design. Though I bought Ruby as a kid, and it was my favourite game of all time until Emerald came out. So it's a tough call. That said, I never usually make much use of the Legendary that I catch in the games. It'll probably come down to the exclusives in the games in the end. I'm sure they will be similar to the ones in the original games, but I'm interested to know what the exclusives are this time around.

I'm going to through a tentative Omega Ruby, until I see who we can catch along the way :]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Since I got Y which is the second version of this generation and ended up getting Sapphire during Gen III, and played Firered (the first of the remakes) I may replicate that pattern again by getting OmegaRuby (and 'Z') .

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll be getting both, but my bias goes to Alpha Sapphire because I started with Sapphire. It was technically my first Pokemon game and the first one I beat, so it's only natural I go with AS first. My boyfriend and I actually have the dumbest plan. We're hoping that these come out on November 4th, our anniversary, so we can go buy them for each other and just swap right there. Only one problem! We both started with Sapphire so naturally, we want to get AlphaSapphire first! So...we're going to buy each other the same game...and just swap it with each other. :'D Would be less goofy if one of us had started with Ruby, but oh well! I'm looking forward to it!

Years
  • Alot of people are going for Omega Ruby, so I think I'll go for Alpha Sapphire, plus I'm more of a Ludicolo guy then a Shiftry guy, and more of a Seviper dude than a Zangoose dude. Not to even mention Kyogre over Groudon...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • My first 3rd Gen game was Ruby, So I think I am going to go with OmegaRuby. I also like Groudon over Kyogre, but if it is like Emerald, like HGSS was like Crystal, then we will be able to catch both in post game.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    My preferred Gen III game was Sapphire until Emerald was released, if the games stay relatively the same as they were then. I'll wind up picking Alpha Sapphire, although I reallly love Gen III so it's possible that I'll wind up with both after I beat Alpha Sapphire.

Years
  • My first game was Silver, but my favorite game as a kid was Sapphire, and so I'll be going with AS. My brother is going to be buying OR, though, so we'll be able to trade if the version exclusives are altered in any way. The main reason is how much I love Kyogre and its design. Majestic is the perfect word to describe it.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I'll be getting both. Thank you. I used to buy all 3 games and then when the remakes would come out I'd get both. So I'll be trying to get back into that.

Years
  • HI
    Which game will you buy Omega Ruby or Alpha sapphire and why ?

For me I would choose omega Ruby because I love Grodoun
    I love it and it looks cool

Last edited by a moderator:

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • Im deff going with alpha sapphire but i might get both eventually but im praying theyre two different games in a sense like the originals and not just both be emerald In 2015 with just pokemon being version exclusive and stuff

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I'll be choosing Omega Ruby since the first game i chose in gen III was ruby.

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2015
    I prefer water over ground so it's alpha sapphire for me although Groudon is one mean beast

Years
  • After having put some thought into it, I think I'm gonna go for Omega Ruby on account of Team Magma, preferring Groudon (I like its design and moveset a lot better) to Kyogre and also AquaSapphire seems to be the preferred version at the moment although I could be wrong so I'm giving OR some love haha :) I'm still waiting on the version exclusives to be revealed to make a final choice but unless anything drastic happens it looks like I'm going with OmegaRuby :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    Alpha Sapphire for me. I originally played Sapphire and see no reason to any differently now. Although I'll probably end up getting both games, just not at the same time.

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    I am definitely getting both versions, going to pre-order soon! My main game will be Alpha Sapphire of course and will use Omega Ruby for the legendaries, Ruby exclusive items and pokemon! My Alpha Sapphire will be started with Treecko and my Omega Ruby will be started with Mudkip of course! SO EXCITED!!!

Empire

Lurking since 2008
    Years
  • I'll be getting OmegaRuby,

Sapphire was my first Pokemon game ever, but it holds no sentimental value to me because I only got it due to Sapphire being the only version available at the store at the time. I really wanted to get Ruby instead.

Also Groudon is pretty badass.

Back