• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was/is your favorite class/subject in School?

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
    Hopefully you read the title, but in case you didn't:

What was (or is) your favorite class or subject in school and why?
    You can also do one for High School and one for College, or even schools prior if you feel like it.

Back in High School I always liked art, as it was usually very quite and relaxing in there. The art room was at the very end of the school with huge windows looking out over the football field/parking lot, so we got a really nice view later on in the day. The teacher would usually just give us something to work on for the week and every day we would come in, sit down, and just mellow out while we worked on our pieces and listened to relaxing music. To top it all off, it was art. Art rules.

As for college, I would have to say Public Speaking was my favorite, as I really got to conquer my fears of public speaking, learn how to make professional presentations, and made good contacts! My teacher even pressed me to get into voice acting for fun, which I did.

Now you!

Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2017
    before highschool, it was definitely P.E...haha.

but in highschool, playing sports afterschool meant i no longer had space or need for a P.E. class so, i guess it would be the english classes. my favorite one was probably AP english, though i hated the teacher the most...the class did force me to expand my reading horizons and i learned to appreciate a lot of things i never really did before, like poetry.

in college, definitely psychopharmacology. i was a psych major, so a ton of psyc classes were a given...but learning about all the drugs and what they do to you was awesome :P

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    World History, easy to understand and it's rather interesting unlike most of the other classes I took back then.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    In high school I loved history, biology, law in the united states, and sociology :) I learned the most in those classes and actually enjoyed doing so.

In college, my favorite subjects so far have been art history, philosophy, and world religions. I'm an art history minor and once I finish those and have more time to add some fun classes, i'm going to take more religions classes because I learned SO much in one of my religions classes this year (religion and politics/conflicts in Southeast Asia). I plan on taking more classes on the religions I don't know much about :)

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    By the end of school, I'd have to say Maths. It was the one that came easiest to me, I did really well in it, and the atmosphere in the classroom was a very positive one - in comparison to other subjects which fared a lot worse in the ambiance department. However GCSE Music was kinda fun, in that most of the lesson was taken up with 'composition', which was just an excuse to mess around with Sibelius (the music-writing software) and not do any work. But for actual worky-work, the Maths takes it in a landslide.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2013
    My favorite class is business. Later on in life I want to be a CEO or something, so it's something I like. And everyone in that class just really likes it too, so it's cool. Unlike other classes where nobody wants to be there, lol.

It also comes very easy to me. My biggest complaint about that class is that we go too slowly with the material cause some people have a hard time getting it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like Science because I'm interested in how things work. I also like Math because I'm (somewhat) good at analyzing things.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    It used to be math, before I got into college. :\ now, I hate school. :\ if I am going to have a favorite subject, it would be "Contemporary Topics in Biology" or Bio 1 I took last semester. Also, Geography in a Changing World or Geog 1 is pretty awesome too.

Her

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2024
    Definitely Ancient Greek Mythology/Roman Society. I was the only one who did it at my school, so I was in a correspondence class with other students and the atmosphere alone in that class was amazing, let alone the content I was studying.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My favourite class in high school was CS, probably followed by Calculus the second time I took it. :B My least favourite was pretty much any other math because all the teachers sucked.

Favourite class so far in university has been Japanese Religion. I loooved that course for both its content and the prof. n_n My least favourite is uhh... well, pretty much most other courses. My faculty is brilliant but ugh most of the profs I had in first year. I can't decide whether I dislike my current religion course (with a useless prof) or my didn't-learn-anything math courses from way back when. :(

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Math, math, math, and did I mention math. I'm a computer science major and I hate math...yeah...so what. I "get" math, but I hate it. Also, when it comes to math tests...I blank REALLY bad. I freeze up cause everything is so applied...I don't know...I just hate it. XD

Years
    English and French always had the best effort/reward ratio, so these take the top spots. The worst was, by a large margin, physics. The horror!
    An interesting thing is math, which used to be among the easiest, but around the time of the entrance of exponential equations, the difficulty started to grow, well, exponentially, so math quickly turned from one of my most liked subjects to one of my most hated ones.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    French was my favourite in high school. I did the subject for five years with the same teacher, and she was awesome. She was this classy English lady named Mrs. Turner and I found it intoxicating when she spoke. Not in the "I had a crush on her" sort of way, I just found the combination of the British accent and her French accent amazing to behold and she was a great teacher all around.

The subject in general was fantastic too. I've always had a thing with languages, I've been able to pick them up really easily - so I came first five years in a row.

Outside of French, I'd have to say Maths. The best thing about it is that no matter what, it always makes sense. The numbers never lie.

EGKangaroo

Tail-bumps for all 'roolovers!
    Years
    I like English class a lot, since it allows me to speak my favourite language at school without people looking weird at me. Other subjects I like include History, Music, Cultural Education, especially with the latest chapter which touched topics like the hippie era and such, Economics, and IT. I am also starting to like French a lot more, now that I finally got a teacher who's at least competent and doesn't waste half of all his lessons complaining about the "problems" with the current generation of children and treating us like worthless parasites. I also liked music class a lot.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
    My easiest class would be Math, since I was born as a mathematician. My first word was subtraction!

But my favorite overall, so far since I'm still in the very beginning of High School, would be Medical Skills.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    I've always had a strong affinity for mathematics and science, even as far back as elementary school. If my mom is to be believed, when I took the placement test before kindergarten, I was doing math at a fourth grade level.

In college right now, and I'm taking Calculus III and it's so fun because I just get it so easily. XD

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I love my English class, we all get along so much, and our teacher is amazing. She always tries to make the work we're doing is as fun and interesting as possible.

Other than English, I quite enjoy History, only because the class is so chilled, yet we get so much work done each lesson. xD;

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    In primary school it was English, just because I enjoyed reading. Then English became a bore when it moved onto poetry (bad poetry), analysing newspapers, advertisements, conversation transcripts and other drab activities.

I hated History and Physics in primary school, but they became my favourite in secondary. Physics actually became interesting instead of making graphs about how water temperature changes. History became a lot more in depth instead of reading a book about Henry VIII. P.E. could be good depending on what sport we played.

Back