• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first ever pokemon?

Okami

Look! A Distraction!
    Years
    Haha, my first was a Chikorita, back in Silver. I think my first catch was Sentret, not sure though.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Pokemon Yellow, so it's Pikachu. First pokemon caught... Mew. No gameshark. Both are at level 100.

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2023
    First Pokemon was probably Cyndaquil on Silver ('cause Cyndaquil/QUILAVA/Typhlosion are awesome!) Then I probably caught Pidgey or Ratatta...

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    My first game was Blue I think and my starter was Squirtle since I wanted to beat the game as quickly as possibly the first time round and Squritle seemed to be the easiest to use.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    TCG- Dragonair, IRRC
    RPG (Starter)-Torchic named Torchy (Now a Blaziken named Torcher.)
    RPG (Capture)-Zigzagoon... or was it Taillow?

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    My first was Pikachu from Yellow, but I don't remember my first catch. :\

west

One winged angel
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    my first pokemon was squirtle in pokemon blue. My first catch was pidgey.

Volkner

Sunyshore's Yellow Flash
    Years
    Squirtle was my first pokemon ever. Man, I loved that little guy. They're still one of my favorite Pokemon.

My first ever catch was a Ratata. I thought I was being slick by not catching the Pidgey's because my friends told me they were useless, and then caught a Ratata, the much more useless Pokemon. xD

Candice

Snowpoint's Ice Princess
    Years
    My first one was Squirtle, which I named Bubbles! Which I grew to a lvl 100 Blastoise, and then passed to Gold/Silver. :)

I think my first catch wassss.. a pidgey.

Years
    I got red and blue on the same day, so it's a toss up between squirtle or charmander, but i believe squirtle, as i played blue far more

Back