• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first shiny Pokémon?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
Years
  • Trumbeak in Ultra Moon. I was busy grinding and then WOH SHINY. I seriously did not expect it at all. I'm still debating whether or not to evolve him, or to put him in Home or not.

Seriously guys, make a game where the Trumbeak line are available again! Or maybe Home should be good that I don't lose him, but still! Make that game so that I can fully interact with my shiny!

And make it so that it can interact with my other legit shiny, Golurk in Shield. Was very, VERY careful in catching him and it payed off. Too bad he has both the worse ability and a bad nature, but I'm glad to have him.

Years
  • The first one that I remember getting was a full odds shiny Tentacool in Emerald. I knew what shinies were, since I played pokemon silver years prior but I remember just being like "oh cool, but it's just a tentacool" and prompty boxed it. Luckily I transfered it over to Diamond and I'll soon be moving it on to my Sw/Sh once I've completed black to the point where I can transfer pokemon up.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2022
    A shinx in gen 4, and obtained with beginners luck a chain of around 5ish. But It wasn't my first hunt, I remember looking up how to get arcius, and a totorial CLAIMED obviously fallse but at the time I didn't know, I was still new to the series and didn't know better that if you could get a shiny geodude it would have an azure flute as its held item. I fell for it. Did not get it. But it introduced me to the world of shiny hunting.

I do not have that shinx anymore though. In persute of the mythicals of the region I discovered a brake-through, the void glitch. Things whent bad and I got stuck and I couldn't use fly to escape. I had to reset and lost my shinx, a luxuray at the time of the incident

Last edited:
    Years
  • a shiny Hariyama in Emerald.
    I don't remember if I caught it as a Hariyama or Makuhita and evolved it though.
    I was proud of it and used it on my team after catching it =p

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen Aug 24, 2021
    Farfetch'd was my first, caught on Route 221 in Platinum.

First I encountered was Quagsire in the Great Marsh in Platinum, but it ran from me!

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • My first ever shiny was a Wingull in the post-game of Black (my 4th main series game)! I evolved her into a Pelipper immediately, and her name is Lime. :3

(Fun fact: I actually got another random shiny Pelipper years later, in Ultra Moon, also female. Extra coincidental since that game involves alternate universes/timelines...🤔)

TWOFACE

Years
  • What was your first shiny Pokémon?
    Weepinbell, Pokemon Crystal

Years
  • I remember it like it was yesterday, I was on my first play through of Pokémon Black 2 I was in the Driftveil area and I encountered a shiny Marill, and mind you I was younger and didn't know anything about shinies, so I looked at it and was like "Woah that's cool! Why is it green? Is this a glitch?" and then I proceed to kill it lol. My first CAUGHT shiny was a shiny Boldore on Pokémon X, I was really really happy when I got it but a little disappointed that I couldn't evolve it and trade it to someone I trust so Boldore stayed a Boldore and now has a soft spot in my heart ever since. >-<

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Iirc my first was an Oddish outside of Slateport in Ruby :) and in the same savefile I'm pretty sure I got a golden Geodude later in Dewford? Alas, I had no one to connect with and didn't really care much, so I erased the file later on 😂

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2023
    I actually caught three full odds shinys back in my Diamond days: Unown, Tentacool and Gyarados (in that order). Back then I had no idea about the scripted Gyarados in GSC and thought that I had caught the "Red Gyarados" that was mentioned on TV in the beginning sequence of the game. I actually spent days trying to figure out how I could show to the professor that I had caught because I thought that there was legitimately a storyline to come from that...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • A Numel in Ruby. That was the gen in which I got the most 100% random shinies, too: a Remoraid, a Machop and a Zigzagoon.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2021
    What was it? If you can't remember, what's the earliest shiny you recall getting, even if you don't know if it was your first?

My first shiny was typhlosion. The very first time I opened up heart gold, my shiny starter was waiting for me.

Back