• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Was Your First Shiny?

Rune Alchemist

Magical Evil Role Player
Years
  • My very first Shiny was a Shiny Pikachu that I found in Route 2 in Pokemon Crystal. It was on an Emulator, since my Crystal game had a faulty battery.

After that, I managed to catch a Shiny Lobre in Sapphire. When my save file got erased by my neighbor, because I let him play a new game on my Gameboy Advance SP, I managed to catch a Shiny Lotad on my next save.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I wish I could remember.. but I have a vague memory of finding a shiny Beedrill in GSC.

Years
  • a shiny linoone in RSE that i promptly fainted with blaze kick from my blaziken because my dumb self thought shinies were stronger than regular 'mons

as far as which shiny i caught after, that would be a shiny tangela at some point later. dont exactly remember which gen in particular, but i know it was either 5 or 6.

Years
  • In my first playthrough of Crystal I got a shiny Tyrogue from that Day Care Couple egg with boosted chances, before even understanding what a shiny was. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary until I ended up with a blue Hitmonle- Wait, shiny Hitmonlee is green? Shoot, did I actually get Hitmonchan...? ...Ugh it's hopeless, that was a gajillion years ago

Years
  • Machop in Diamond. Just randomly walking around that Route just before Hearthome with the artist guy and this sparkly dude just shows up out of nowhere.

I was 11 and didn't know anything about shinies so I just killed it. To this day I don't know why my first instinct wasn't to catch it lmao.

SawkTheWarrior

SW-7387-7525-9201
    Years
  • Actually, A Shiny Tyrouge From The Odd Egg Was My Second Shiny.
    (Quoting A User that said stuff before).

Last edited:

Hocus_Pokemon

Psychic Master
    Years
  • In fact, I had a lot of Shinies in Crystal after Gyarados because I had the Japanese version where the Bug Catching Contest glitch for Shinies worked!

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    My first Shiny Pokemon that i encounter'd was Poochyena....i didn't catch it because i ran out of pokeballs...
    But the firs shiny that i caught was shiny charmader...in fire red and it took me 549 soft reset(i shiny haunted charmander cause i saw my brother caught an shiny zubat HG)

virtualpet

The Anomaly's Mewtwo
    Years
  • Our first shiny was a Pidgey in Pokemon Heartgold, unfortunately before we had Pokeballs so the most we were able to do was knock it out and run around in the tall grass after getting Pokeballs hoping to get lucky again before moving on.

First shiny we caught was a Sandshrew in Alpha Sapphire, which unfortunately may have been deleted when we deleted our save file not realizing the Pokemon on it.

First shiny we caught and currently have was a Psyduck in Sun.

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • A shiny Voltorb in Gen2! I think near the power plant?? I remember not knowing what shinies were, but I saw a blue Voltorb and KNEW I had to have it. Of course I don't have it anymore since the game wiped itself, but it was very exciting!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • My first shiny was a Zubat in the sewers in Black 2, I believe! I was in awe! :D But then my file got deleted without transferring the little guy. </3

Years
  • My first ever shiny was a shiny Audino in my first playthrough of Black 2 back in early January of 2013. I was training my newly evolved Jolteon for the Gym battle against Skyla and after about 15 minutes of battling Audinos on Route 5, I encountered a shiny one. I caught it and I still have it since I transferred it over to every new generation since. It's been at a level 100 since X and Y days.

Another cool thing about that Black 2 save is that I found my second shiny on it too, it happened about 2 weeks after Audino and it was also in the shaking grass but this time it was a Dunsparce in the post-game (I think it was on Route 1). So this save was very lucky for me when it comes to shaking grass encounters.

Back