• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What was your first video game you ever played?

Years
    Like the title says, what was your first ever video game, Pokemon related or not?

For me it was Streets of Rage 2 back on the Sega Genesis which came out in 1992. I got it from my cousins around 2000/2001 and remmeber playing it with my dad and beating the final boss (Mr. X iirc) then when my friends would come over we would play that, Spyro Year of the Dragon (PS1). Around the same time as I played Streets of Rage 2, my cousins also gave me Pokemon Red/Blue and from then on I've been addicted to Pokemon.

Here's the theme music for the first stage of Streets of Rage 2.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC-B3Q0cRrY

Anyways I'd like to hear what others have to say about what games started them down the path that eventually led here to PC.

Years
    My memory reaches Enduro on Atari 2600. It's a racing game where you have to pass defined number of cars. You have limited time, which is one day, also you race in various weather conditions.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    I was too young to remember, but probably TLoZ on NES. It's possible it was an Atari game or a different NES game, but that's the first one I remember playing.

Yukari

I can remember first playing Super Mario on the NES.

...Still love that game. c:

Years
    My first video game was when I was four or five years old, so memories from back then are kind of scarce and I'm honestly not entirely sure which was my first game. Or if I did remember at one point, I'm not remembering right now.

...If I had to guess though, I would say either Super Mario Bros. or Legend of Zelda. Or maybe even Donkey Kong, I distinctly remember being disturbed one time when I was that young by looking at the stage start screen for it.

Don't even ask. I guess pixels were scary for me back then.

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    If I remember correctly it was a game from Mario franchise, I spent a lot of time playing that game with my aunt.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for the Sega Genesis. I remember wiping the floor with my brother on the 2 player special stage. Loads of fun. :)

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I can't really remember but I think it's Digimon Rumble Arena for the PS1? IDK I was a young kid. At least, if you don't count educational games lol, then that's the first one I've ever played.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
    Super Mario Bros 3.
    My mom told me stories, that I used to play with the controller upside down, and I used to beat my brother, and my brothers friends all the time.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
    StarCraft I. Which is a little weird because I was really young, and that doesn't seem too much like a game that someone my age should have been playing, but ya know, shit happens. I think I may have played it once, and then never really touched a video game for a while. I then picked up a Sega Genesis II and had quite a few games for it. I bought it and never even played it for like a week or two because I was like 6, and my parents bought it for me so I had some kind of vendetta against it for some reason, but I finally broke down and tried Kid Chameleon. Probably my favorite game to date, and I STILL haven't beat it. Kid Chameleon was the first game I ever really got into.

Bay

Years
    Tetris on my uncle's Gameboy. I found it in one of the rooms when my family were visiting relatives several years ago. Played a few rounds, I think I picked it up fairly quickly.

My dad actually has a NES, but I haven't really played any games except when he wants me to push a few buttons here and there when he needs to be away a moment like taking a phone call. I mostly just watch haha.

Years
    Iirc the first one I played was Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on PC. Pretty sure I also had to have help from my family as I must have been pretty young (5 or 6 maybe?). Also I remember that I was very scared of Voldemort in the final boss fight XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Super Mario World on the SNES. It is still my favorite Mario game, and to this day I still beat it as if I'm playing it for the first time. ;3

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    It was a game called Ninja for the Commodore 64. One of my earliest memories is asking for the floppy disk so I could play that game. I don't really remember much about it, except for how the enemies looked after they died.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Probably LoZ 3. Yes, the one on SNES. Still have the game at home (it still works, except some memory problems due to the sheer age of the game). Asside from that, maybe Mario Paint? I don't have clear memories from when I was that young.

Lumina

Lucid Melody
    Years
    I've been told that my first ever video game was Final Fantasy 8. My mother and uncle would give me the controller to level grind for them. So was my introduction to gaming.

Back