• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What were you like before X amount of years back?

Minun172

Still waiting for a new Mega Man game.
Years
  • As you know, we all change from the way we look, to our opinions, to what we think, taste, how we hear, all that good stuff. I'm curious what the Pokemon Community was like before whatever how many years ago they think they have changed drastically from. (Because some OTHER community of a certain "customizable" fighting game decided to ban me for no reason on their two most popular forums and made me feel like nobody likes me out of their forums. 7_6 )

To me, I changed a lot before the good ol' Launch of X and Y days or as what people like to call "the rise of strict copyright on Youtube" days or "The end of the world". Yes, none other than 2012.

So before April of 2012, I wasn't really my Minun obsessed self (That came up until 2014). in fact, good ol' Minun here switched roles with another character that I used to love so much. Make that 3 actually. but other changes happened in 2012. So let's start off small and not so obvious to what I mentioned earlier.

;------------------------------
    Back then, I was a really obese kid. Probably weighing about 230 pounds and I was very, very pimply. I had no PE class and it was too hot outside in Las Vegas to be jogging around and besides there's giant dead roaches outside my neighborhood. So I stayed inside.

I was a really bigoted person back then. I'm not gonna go into details with how I was "bigoted" but I being a bigot on Twitter, Tumblr and sometimes Youtube by spamming people nonsensical stuff and random troll phrases out of "True Capitalist Radio"

Speaking of Youtube, I liked to make constant GoAnimate grounded videos out of Memy9909 which is how I got 300 subscribers in my old account. People seemed to enjoy it. Memy9909 was some fat kid that everyone hated on for making hate videos out of TheSuperBaxter. I only hated him because I wanted to jumpe on the bandwagon but later soon had a reason to do so. The best part about it in retrospective was when my hate for "Memy9909" was brought up on accident in real life and my parents thought of him as a cyberbully on the Internet.

I was a member of the EarthBound forums at Starmen.net for a few days only for leaving for an unknown reason.

Fun fact: H0I i'm Tem was my phrase. At least the first 3 letters. H0I was a thing I did to greet others in a unique way and there was no excuse for me to not do it in Starmen. 5 months later, it wore off of me and I stopped doing it and I regret it. I never knew years later it would be used in an Earthbound inspired video game without my consent. Thanks Toby.

I was a big roleplayer on Deviantart. There were plenty of Ask sonic accounts on DA that would go around DA being whatever character they were I was mostly Cream the Rabbit and surprisingly, no fan characters were used as ask accounts. Only a couple but that was about it. Any others were genderbends.

Fun fact: This was the first time I actually fell into a big drama war. Somewhere around this timeline of my Internet life, I made a drama war so huge it killed off the Ask Sonic fad. Whoops!

I was a big fan of ROBLOX always loved to sandbox around. I also was always on the forums chatting with people. Roblox has had the worst community ever since 2011. From here, I learned how to not "typ3 leik thvis" and started to improved my typing speed and my punctuation. I thought I was on top of everyone and I started to grow an obsession with those 3 characters from here after 4 years of being a Roblox user (2008 - 2011). Those being Cream the rabbit, Pichu, and Plusle (But... How?) .

Fun fact: My places were at one time at the top page and gotten really popular. It was called "Drawn To Life" but nowadays, it's a place where you "drag ppl down the toilet or somethin"

My obsession of these characters became to be a huge dramafest taking my newfound love for them too seriously. me and my friends were aggressive when someone told me or them that Minun is better than Plusle or Cream is annoying or Pichu sucks, Internet fights would break over them, people would troll me for liking them, and everytime I saw a Minun I would get a little pissed or complain about it and how awesome Plusle is. I would also make fun of Minun all the time. 2 years have passed and I forgot about my love for Plusle and became neutral on it and Minun until 2014 when the roles have changed and now here I am today. I don't know how it happened but I just said screw it and decided to stick with being a Minun fan. Probably because of what happened 2 years back or I just think Blue is a nicer color than red when it comes to how they are designed. It just suddenly hit me.

Fun fact: Minun was more liked than Plusle when I was obsessed with Plusle. Now Plusle has more of a fanbase than Minun it seems. *shrug* Oh and did I mention that shiny Plusle's ears looks like an uncooked bacon?

Minun172

Years
  • Back then I was a pre-teen spazzing about Pokemon.

Now, I'm an adult spazzing about Pokemon. I guess nothing really changed about me haha

Hah, I've been like that since I was 4. Pichu was my favorite. I also liked Pikachu but then my favorite Pokemons list started going all over the place when I turned 9 even Pikachu falling into my "I dislike" category but Pichu's still up going strong in my top 10 favorite Pokemon..

Bay

Years
  • I noticed from 2006 until perhaps 2014 I was pretty into anime and would watch several shows, doesn't matter if they're the current season or one that aired a while back. I still watch some anime here and there, but my intake and interest has dramatically dropped . From 2014 until now I then started branching into video games besides Pokemon and I'm all like, "I missed so much", lol.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Umm well when i joined i was obsessed with dedenne and now im like notish i guess? I also really liked pokemon alot more but also not so much anymore and i never even strayed from pokemon to like new games but now i play fe and splatton and other stuff. Besides that not much haha

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I was a really bigoted person back then

I used to be too. I was a bit of a raving atheist and treated it almost like a religion. I'd consider almost everyone but myself a complete moron and wasn't afraid to hide it. Thank Arceus I changed.

Minun172

Years
  • I used to be too. I was a bit of a raving atheist and treated it almost like a religion. I'd consider almost everyone but myself a complete moron and wasn't afraid to hide it. Thank Arceus I changed.

I guess now that you brought up religion, I think it's fine to briefly mention how I was bigoted. Let's just say, I tried to be funny on Reddit, Twitter, and Youtube with my TCR quotes and references but ended up sounding like a certain dictator.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I was a neurotic timid mess of a person who let people push me around, and was easily spooked. My childhood and teen years were an absolute mess. Sometimes I got too close to others, very obsessive about them. These people tended to be just as messed up as I was, and they would hurt me either intentionally or not due to the personality clash. I contemplated suicide a few times. Never too seriously, but I still thought about it. That person is someone who I kind of hate, but also feel sorry for. She was so ignorant and naive.

I'm still a neurotic mess, by the way. But suicide is far from my mind, and some of that timidity has faded away. Also, I have medication, a therapist, and a fiance. So that tends to add some stability,

Snoopyfish

10% Dog - 90% Fish
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    I was a lot more productive if I rewind back to 2011, when I was 13-14.
    That's when I started my short, but somewhat successful career as an electronic musician, releasing over 30 songs, but it crashed when I hit my creative block in 2013.
    Three years later, I've only finished two in that time span.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I guess now that you brought up religion, I think it's fine to briefly mention how I was bigoted. Let's just say, I tried to be funny on Reddit, Twitter, and Youtube with my TCR quotes and references but ended up sounding like a certain dictator.

Sieg Heil!

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
  • I dislike thinking about the past. It makes me feel uncomfortable. And I hate my past self.

I was pretty bigoted in the past. And ignorant. And stupid.

Years
  • I would say I changed the most the past 5-6 years or so, since I was in High School through graduating from college, which is good because that's when you're supposed to be changing, evolving, and growing into your true self. I would say I'm much more mindful and tactful when dealing with with people, and I'm more of a people person than I used to be. I wasn't really introverted, just a little shy, and now most of my friends tell me I'm the social butterfly and "spokesman" of our group of friends.

Minun172

Years
  • I dislike thinking about the past. It makes me feel uncomfortable. And I hate my past self.

I was pretty bigoted in the past. And ignorant. And stupid.

I hate my past self too. I like to call him "John". Not just because John was a bigot but because John was also idiotic. I am not sure why John was such a slow learner (And in speaking of "future John", I am still a very, very slow learner) but it doesn't mean that he should blame everything he does wrong on... HEHEHEHE.... FREAKING SPONGEBOB! So if me from the early 2000's were to mess something up like break glass or something, I would blame it on Spongebob or if not, I would blame it on my brother or sometimes I "made a mistake".

Back