• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    So there probably aren't enough pokemon to have a full team yet, But Which pokemon will you definitely have on your team? Will you use your starter, and/or legendaries?

I really want Nekoala on my team, as it 's ability is really cool. I will also use the legendaries, and of course #teampopplio

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Too early. I've only really got Rowlet as a possibility right now.

Maybe Nekkoala but it'll depend on it's evolution. My gut is telling me it won't be on my team though.

Years
  • I will definitely have Popplio as my starter and resident Water-type. Also, Nekkoala will be a possibility for my team especially since I am Australian and a koala would be an ideal Pokemon to use.

It's still too early to have my final team, because I'd rather see the whole Alola Dex first and hopefully there will be enough new Pokemon to win me over that I'd be convinced to use a team of only new Pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am still not 100% sure yet. I would like to see more pokemon first before I choose. But I know I will not be using old pokemon and I will be doing a Rotation Team, which was EXTREMELY fun in Pokemon BW with all the new pokemon, even using all 3 starters on my first play through.

I really want to use Rowlet, but I want to see the regional bird first. If it looks nice and has a uncommon typing similar to Talonflame, I may use it instead of Rowlet.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    So far, Litten is the only one confirmed for my SM team. As for other team members, I'm considering Nekkoala, Rotom, and Slowbro. I may use Iwanko if it gets a cool looking and awesome evolution, or if it can learn a lot of HM's.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Pokémon I've never used before; preferably all new Pokémon. Definitely Litten; maybe dog based on what it evolves into and what, if any, other new Rock-types there are.

Years
  • Pokémon I've never used before; preferably all new Pokémon.

I knew a lot of Let's Players on YouTube who played XY using mostly only new Pokemon, and the small roster meant you mostly saw the same teams. If 7th Gen has more new Pokemon than 6th Gen I could actually see more diversity in those "new Pokemon only" rosters for this game, especially with the connecting themes the Pokemon designs have had so far.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I knew a lot of Let's Players on YouTube who played XY using mostly only new Pokemon, and the small roster meant you mostly saw the same teams. If 7th Gen has more new Pokemon than 6th Gen I could actually see more diversity in those "new Pokemon only" rosters for this game, especially with the connecting themes the Pokemon designs have had so far.

XY's lack of new Pokémon definitely made making a team tough. And a lot of them were rarer than the overwhelming plethora of available older Pokémon, making finding what few news ones there were harder than it should have been. I genuinely hope SM doesn't share this trait with XY.

novafire91

I love my family!
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Ohio
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    Personally, I plan to use my old team from Poke'mon Y, which is:
    1. * Rayquaza, Focus Sash.
    2. Darkrai, Quick Claw.
    3. * (F) Kangaskhan, Kangaskhanite.
    4. * Arceus, Pixie Plate.
    5. Zygarde, Earth Plate.
    6. Volcanion, Leftovers.
    I may use different items, depending on what new ones they create.
    My name will be novafire.

Last edited:

freakyladymoonbeam

Cookie Chomper
    Years
  • I'm probably going to go with Popplio because dang that thing is cuuuuuuuute. I might bring my Lopunny in from ORAS because <333333333333 Lopunny. Uh... LOL I'm probably just going to catch whatever Pokemon I see that I like, as long as they'll last me a while. I mean, I'll try to fill up the Pokedex ASAP, but... yeah. :P

MrElephant

Pokemon Researcher
    Years
  • Going to transfer all of my pokemon from the red and blue versions released from the 3ds store, so Blastoise, Venusaur, Hitmonlee, Charizard, Arcanine, and Ponyta.

Years
  • XY's lack of new Pokémon definitely made making a team tough. And a lot of them were rarer than the overwhelming plethora of available older Pokémon, making finding what few news ones there were harder than it should have been. I genuinely hope SM doesn't share this trait with XY.

That was what I didn't enjoy with XY, the fact that the new Pokemon were mostly harder to find. I hope Game Freak learned from their mistake and don't do this again in Sun & Moon, especially if we get a larger new Pokemon roster than XY had.

khaozz

Peace sells, but who's buying?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2018
    So far, my planned team is Litten, a Water type, a Grass type, a Pokemon that can use Fly, and two other Pokemon.

Back