• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What will your team be?

Years
  • If I had to go with 6 new ones, I'd go with:

Popplio as my starter
    Alola Form Ninetales
    Drampa
    Palossand
    Oricorio (Pom Pom style)
    and either Lurantis or Rockruff

Years
  • my first team is going to include:
    • Rowlet
    • mimikyu
    • jangmo'o

for sure.

possibly depending on evolutions, other reveals, maybe getting both versions to have a second team etc.:

• Rockruff
    • Pikipek
    • Salandit
    • Morelull
    • Lurantis
    • Mudsdale
    • Alolan Ninetales
    • Alolan Raichu
    • cutiefly (was going to be def on team but then I remembered mimikyu was also fairy type and I'd already decided I wanted that to be my fairy type on my first playthrough)

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    from what ive seen them release imma take

-rockruff
    -togedemaru
    -mimikyu
    -bewear
    -tortunator
    -and i dont know

blue

gucci
    Years
  • You know, I'm happy that most people in this thread already have most Pokemon in their team planned out! That's one benefit for TPCi revealing as many Pokemon as they have in a short timeframe. We're still two months and some days here until release and we have yet to really know all the Pokemon revealed! Imagine all the choices. @_@

I usually try to refrain from planning a team with new games, but it's been so hard for S/M! There have been sooo many new reveals lately and a lot of these new Pokemon really appeal to me. I've already got a definitive team of 5 planned for my first playthrough, yet we still probably have at least 20 more Pokemon yet to be revealed. I love the diversity of Pokemon for this gen!

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I'm with Blue here. With all these new Pokémon reveals, it's so hard to choose 6 from them. I know I'll definitely have Popplio, Lurantis and Jangmo-o on my team, but there are SO MANY OTHERS that I want to have :3 I'll probably switch Pokémon from my team while I go through the game, just to experience the most of these games!

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I'm with Blue here. With all these new Pokémon reveals, it's so hard to choose 6 from them. I know I'll definitely have Popplio, Lurantis and Jangmo-o on my team, but there are SO MANY OTHERS that I want to have :3 I'll probably switch Pokémon from my team while I go through the game, just to experience the most of these games!

Second to that, Popplio, Lurantis and Jangmo-o are DEFINITELY going on my team. No doubt of that haha

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    I'll probably wait on planning a team tuntil most of the Alolan dex is revealed, but I'm definately choosing Popplio as my starter, Gumshoos because of memes, Drampa or Jangmo-o.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    it's my team (for now can be change after i will the evos)

Litten
    Rockruff
    Pikipek
    Togedmaru
    Jangmo-o
    Riolu (never gonna play without my fav pokemon lucario, so he taking slot if evrey pokemon game i playing)

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Without knowing all the evos, I'm definitely far from making this team a final decision, but so far my preferences look something like this:

1. Vikavolt (almost guaranteed)
    2. Popplio (pending on evos)
    3. Pikipek or Oricorio ghost
    4. Salandit (pending on evos)
    5. Rockruff (pending on evos)
    6. No idea yet :(

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    Sweet Pokemon!

With pokemon sun and moon incoming, I've decided to make a sweet pokemon team. I've chosen a few pokemon, but I still need ideas for more. Please help.

I've made a criteria for choosing them.
    Must be sweet.
    Must be final evolution stage. (Sorry Cherubi.)

• Vanilluxe: Ice cream
    • Slurpuff: Meringue
    • Ludicolo: Pineapple
    • Tropius: Banana
    • Bounsweet: Berry

Last edited:
    Years
  • I agree with the above.

Plus, we don't know for sure which older Pokemon will be in the Alola Dex so unless if you're wanting to trade, you may not be able to catch some of these Pokemon in Sun & Moon without transfer or trading.

Years
  • It's so hard to say right now - I base a lot of my teams on the final evolutions, and then I usually swap things out as I catch them through the games.

Not sure about my starter yet - definitely leaning towards Rowlet, but if Litten has a cool evo then I may go with him instead.

Rockruff
    Cutiefly
    Salandit/Wimpod (Depending on evolution)
    Mimikyu
    Lurantis

I also really like Minior and Jangmo-o, and if Pyukumuku evolves into something awesome I definitely want one.

This is why I'm getting both games. Makes it a bit easier to love all the pokemon! :D

I agree with the above, but you'll also probably want Bounsweet. It has sweet in it's name!

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    With pokemon sun and moon incoming, I've decided to make a sweet pokemon team. I've chosen a few pokemon, but I still need ideas for more. Please help.

Must be sweet.

The only Pokemon I can think of that might fit your theme is Exeggutor (he's like a coconut tree) and maybe Gourgeist (since it's like a pumpkin Pokemon....though that seems like kind of a stretch)

Years
  • If I were to get this game, so far I would choose these. {:3}

Starter: Rowlet - Rowlet is cute, and I like the fact, that it can fly without sound

Others:
    Alolan Raichu - Because Raichu <3
    Mimikyu - This pokemon seems so cute and yet mysterious
    Oricorio Pom-Pom style - An awsome and cheery pokemon
    Alolan Vulpix - Want to raise Vulpix to Ninetails. Also they are gorgeus
    Smug Meo.. I mean Alolan Meowth - I love the attidute meowth has, and also it looks cool

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Adding Alola Raichu to this list :)
    Definitely using: Lurantis, Alola Ninetales, Alola Raichu
    Maybe: Drampa, Salandit, Shirodesuna

Haven't decided on starters yet. Holding out for Litten.

Considering the starter leaks are real...
    Team 1: Popplio, Lurantis, Alola Ninetales, Alola Raichu, Lugarugan
    Team 2: Rowlet, Shirodesuna

Really considering Jangmo-o, Salandit, Drampa, depending on the first two's evolutions.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024

Must be sweet.

This may be a bit of a stretch but maybe male Combee or Cutiefly's final evolution because they're bees with Honey Gather and honey is sweet! o:

Back