• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What would make Sun and Moon "perfect" for you?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Well I do like a good meaty post game...

Other than that I'm hoping that Alolan forms aren't just for Kanto Pokemon, that's probably the major issue for me right now.

Years
  • I'm with the majority on this one, there simply needs to be a good post-game in Sun and Moon. In my opinion we haven't had a half decent post-game since Gen 5 and I'm really hoping Game Freak add in extra islands for the player to explore after they complete the main game.

Also something similar to the Pokemon World Tournament would be amazing and a good way to pay homage to various characters for the 20th anniversary. Things like increasing the difficulty and multiple save files are pretty big for me too, as I feel like Pokemon is severely lacking behind other games with only one save file and in the modern day it isn't acceptable to allow your players only one save. As for difficulty, I think we can all agree the recent games have been way too easy and whilst the EXP Share is a factor in that, the trainers, gyms and even elite four have just been embarrassing.

AleXShi1

Keep it real
    Years
  • 1st: Dificulty, At the start of the game they should ask you how familiar you are with pokemon and let you pick a dificulty
    2nd: Add more trainer customization: I would like to pick diferent eyes, nose, height, weight kinda like making a mii or something and then more clothing
    3rd: More megas or even more Primal Reversions kinda deals to other legendaries
    4th: A giant postgame story that will keep me busy for a long time
    5th: Either a Battle Frontier deal or a World Championship tournament
    6th: A Better GTS with improved search, that is adding more search parameters (like shininess, with pentagon or not etc)
    7th: A final boss that will make my blood boil, like Red
    8th: No Shiny locks and a bunch of legendaries to search for
    9th: Maybe more locations, seeing from the map the region is pretty small, doesnt need to be an intire region but maybe another postgame island or parts of old regions
    10th: Customize your pokemon, like giving them hats, scarfs, haircuts etc so that i actually feel like my yveltal is unique and feel affection for him

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Oh yeah. I want a snowy owl!!! I forgot all about that. I also wanted a snowy fox, we got that with Ninetails/Vulpix. But I really want a snowy owl. Noctowl could become a snowy owl, but I would rather have a new one this time.

But other than a Dolphin, a Snowy Owl is something I really really want and regardless of how bad a game might be, even though this one looks great, I would fall in love with a game because of a Snowy Owl. Or just an Ice Flying Type in general that isn't like Delibird.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years
  • the same thing that would make all of pokemon a PERFECT series to me. All pokemon come with a variety of pallet options and all species have gender differences (unless the pokemon is based off something that wouldn't have those at all Ex: keys or a jellyfish (ironically we have a gender difference jellyfish).

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    What would make Pokemon Sun and Moon good to me? Well... I think it would be:

1. Difficulty increase. Make a challenge mode again. I don't know why they took it out considering it made the game more fun. From what I've experienced, a game is not worth investing in if there's no challenge. That's why we have games in the first place; to have a fun challenge. When you take that away, I have no incentive to try anymore. I'm glad Oohmori is directing this game since he seems to know what the fans want. Also, please don't give the trainer AI a 12/225. I know it's hard to program good AI, but they've done better.

2. At least 100 new Pokemon/Alola Forms for Pokemon not in Gen 1.
    A general rule of thumb for making Pokemon should be that I should at least be able to make a team full of one type. If not, then you need some more Pokemon. In X and Y I couldn't even make a full team of poison types without using older types. I want Gamefreak to take advantage of the new environment and give us more Pokemon that will be just as memorable as the old ones. As for Alolan Pokemon... I get it's Pokemon's 20th anniversary, but it's celebrating all of pokemon, not just gen 1. Give other Pokemon some needed boosts and some love(like Raichu) they desperately need it.

3. Nerf some Megas. I want Mega's to be either late-game or post-game. It makes the game way too easy using one as they are so OP. Who the hell thought giving Charizard two Megas was a good idea?!!! At least tone it down this generation and give some focus elsewhere(which they seem to be doing with the use of Alola forms). I guess this is what really spoiled the previous game for me and I don't want it to happened again. If we are gonna use megas early-on at least make us not be able to use them in trial captain battles.

4. A decent Post-game. In Black/White 2 I had so much **** to do it's not even funny....and I loved it :D. Please give us something that doesn't require using the internet coughfriendsafaricough and not hunting Megastones. I want something like the Looker-quests back again. They made the game so much more interesting.

5. Bring the Pokemon World Tournament/ A battle facility like Black Tower/White Forest back again. If this game doesn't have a Pokemon World Tournament, I'll see it as a missed opportunity. They have the chance to get every major character a battle sprite and art in one battle extravaganza. I'd love to see them take it. If not, a facility where grinding is a breeze( hence Black Tower/White Forest) would be nice in return.

6. More Fairy Types. In Gen 6 we only got 4 new fairy types. FOUR NEW FAIRY TYPES!! And one of them was a Legendary! So really, we only had 3 new ones to chose from. One very good Pokemon, but required a stone evolution( Flabebe) and two mediocre trade evolution Pokemon.( Aromatisse/Slurpuff) What the heck? Even Gen 2 had more types than that when they introduced Dark/Steel types. Why is it that the only other fairy type Pokemon I can find that aren't new are old Pokemon re-typed? What kind of BS is that? People may disagree with me, but I whole-heartily accept Cutiefly and Mimikyu. We need more.

7. A buff to fighting types. Damn fighting types got screwed over last generation. I get that they wanted to give poison types a boost, but damn, unless you have a secondary type, your kinda screwed( then again, I guess it's like that for some Pokemon). Now that fighting type Pokemon have 4 weaknesses I think we can have some new moves to help settle that issue. Or at least a fighting Pokemon that can withstand Moonblast.

Just my thoughts so far. Gamefreak is impressing me so I hope I'm not disappointed

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I honestly think megas are somewhat balanced. They just need to change the exp. gaining system to make it like gen 5. (Although catching pokemon could still gain exp.) and a better level curve.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • In my recent runthrough of Pokemon Y I didn't use my Mega (Blastoise) at all, until the final battle with Diantha. It just feels cheap unless my opponent is using one as well. Competitively, though there's a lot of them that need to get nerfed (Kanga, Lucario, Blaziken, Salamence)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I actually really want an expansive customization system now, and MUCH cheaper then it was in X/Y O_o I am not paying 200000 for some cheap looking pants :p
    Also more hair colors, like pink and blue

Years
  • I forgot about customization!

As Angie said, more hair options would be nice since none of the hair colors in X/Y were close to my actual hair since I have a light-brown color and the brown option in that game is a dark shade. Sun & Moon are not only bringing customization back, but they're also expanding on it as we've seen with the additional black skin option so it would make sense we get more options for the hair.

It is still baffling we're seeing the trainers in all the trailers so far having only their default hairstyles. Maybe Game Freak are keeping some customization options under wraps until release again.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I would have added customization to my list, but it seems like it's returning again anyways, so I'm happy. Thank god they didn't take out another amazing feature from a Pokemon game again. I agree too, I hope they expand on it. Seeing other trainers in battle is another neat touch that I'm so happy is in the game because it adds so much detail and brings you closer to the game, and it'll be super cool to see with important trainers, wifi battles and especially if they bring back any old characters you can battle.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    1. Followers / Mounts - Ingame pokemon models not just 3 new mounts "including charizard cuz fanservice will win 'em over"
    2. A less formulaic playthrough. The removal of gyms already sounds promising
    3. More Pokemon, gen 6 was lackluster because they had to make so many new 3D models. This gen I think they should compensate by giving us a solid roster.
    4. More mega's and ofcourse the alola forms. If it's gen 1 only the ones Id like to see get an alola form most are Arcanine and Nidoking. Although its kind of a double edged blade to me. I didn't like the design on mega aggron nor Swampert.
    5. Customizable characters just as in depth or more so than X and Y.
    6. Return to the region of the previous gen like they did in gen 2 in the same game (in this case kalos) or back to Sinnoh in a future remake.

Years
  • 1. Difficulty Settings (Hard Mode)

2. Following Pokemon

3. At least 100 new pokemon (not including new Alolan Formes)

4. Alolan or Mega Milotic

5. New customization features: Makeup (lipstick, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara), Design your own clothes (like Animal Crossing, paint designs on various canvases), nail polish, Facial Hair, Colorful Hair Dye (Green, Red, Pink, Blue, Ect), Eyewear (sunglasses, Monocles, eyepatch, glasses), Masks, Face paint, Scarves, Jewelry (Necklace, Earrings, Choker, Tiara, Crowns), Props (Trident, Fan, Sword, Whip, parasol, Wand, Staff), handwear (elegant gloves, oven-mitts, rings, biker gloves). As well as more distinct clothing that allows for the player to have more personality, typing specialty, or theme motif.

6. Pokemon Accessories (Ribbons, collars, bows, headresses, hankerchief, sunglasses, necklaces, bracers, or other things to denote team colors/theme)

7. The starters' final evolution concept art is confirmed 100% real! I want my Poppmaid!!! I also do not mind having alternative evolutions and formes.

8. An elegant/regal/cute fire type pokemon for me team (Turtonator and Salandit) aren't fitting the bill as do (Arcanine, Volcarona, Camerupt, Blazekin, Houndoom, Pyroar, Rapidash, Ninetales). Though, Salandit female split evolution has me very interested if the rumor is true.

9. Customizable Pokemon, unfortunately Stufful's reveal pretty much means there will not be a build-your-own stuffed animal fakemon, but a customizable pokebot would be fun and could tie in with Magearna's story. I would love to create a pokemon and select a type (alongside steel typing) and see others' creations (of course there would be some sort of limitations on which abilities and movesets could be assigned). You could add a set of ears, eyes, body types, ect along with painting the model. As it evolves you can upgrade it's parts and send QR codes to friends for downloading your pokemon and have them train and evolve them as you have crafted. Also, this would get pretty insane with something equivalent to a wonder trade mechanic. I am pretty sure this will never happen, but I would cry if it were implemented; it would open up so many possibilities.

10. Most importantly, a good post-game. Something like a battle frontier would be a dream come true.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    ---- Another World Tournament .

---- Another purpose for Island Trial !
    Suppose , All Alola starter has a Special Mega evolution/Transformation that can save the world !
    However , The power of that evolution its so great that it can destroy the entire world if its used by an unworthy trainer that can not control it.
    So , Island Trial's main purpose will be deciding the strongest trainer that can control those evolution and become some sort of savior or Guardian of the world.
    The Player must go though various trial and become the champion to process that evolution.
    Then he must use that Megevolve Starter to fight the Main Legendary Pokemon and save the world.
    For once , The Starter Pokemon gain legendary Status that can save the world.

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2019
    1st: Dificulty, At the start of the game they should ask you how familiar you are with pokemon and let you pick a dificulty
    2nd: Add more trainer customization: I would like to pick diferent eyes, nose, height, weight kinda like making a mii or something and then more clothing
    3rd: More megas or even more Primal Reversions kinda deals to other legendaries
    4th: A giant postgame story that will keep me busy for a long time
    5th: Either a Battle Frontier deal or a World Championship tournament
    6th: A Better GTS with improved search, that is adding more search parameters (like shininess, with pentagon or not etc)
    7th: A final boss that will make my blood boil, like Red
    8th: No Shiny locks and a bunch of legendaries to search for
    9th: Maybe more locations, seeing from the map the region is pretty small, doesnt need to be an intire region but maybe another postgame island or parts of old regions
    10th: Customize your pokemon, like giving them hats, scarfs, haircuts etc so that i actually feel like my yveltal is unique and feel affection for him

These sound like really fun ideas! Would die of happiness if GameFreak did this.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    What would make the games "perfect" for me? There's way too many things so I'll try to consolidate the list:

• Spoiler:

• Less Kanto pandering would be nice. Oops...
    • A pancake Pokémon--that would be the best Pokémon.
    • Character customization please (yeah okay it's been confirmed for free-for-alls great but that's not what I want). Make it more extensive than in XY please.
    • New Megas and non-Kanto Alola forms wouldn't that be so cool?
    • Just imagine: a good story with good characters
    • A substantial post-game wow!
    • Wouldn't it be great if the games weren't easier than XY?
    • A Dark-Type Gym Leader?? ????????? ? ??????? ??? ????
    • Pokémon following you
    • Misc. things

Last edited:

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • Well...

What would make Sun and Moon perfect for me is...

1. A decent long main game and a decent long post game. (Black and White pissed by in a weekend and X and Y pissed by in a week, due to me having other things to do and both Black/White and X/Y had a pretty much non-existent post-game).
    2. Seasons or a new feature like Seasons, weather effects, etc.
    3. Over 100 new Pokémon (Gen VI had 72 new Pokémon for Christ's sake!).
    4. A possible return to a previous region (not Kanto, unless they make it good), I wouldn't mind returning to Johto, Sinnoh, Unova or a better Kalos, however.
    5. References to previous generations and regions (not just Gen I and Kanto).
    6. Johto Megas and Johto Alolan forms (Give Johto a bit more love).
    7. An increase in difficulty or as many other people said, a choice of easy, normal, hard, veteran mode (veteran mode being older fans who need a challenge).
    8. Pokémon following you (while it hasn't been shown yet).
    9. Innuendos, adult jokes/humor and mature content (come on, adults play Pokémon too).
    10. LGBTQ characters (I wouldn't mind seeing a gay couple or trans person in the games, I mean, some Christians are already triggered by Pokémon for just existing, so why not add LGBTQ characters in the games).

Last edited:

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • I think I'd really dig a more fleshed out lobbying system than was offered on the PSS. Something with more communication than shout messages - a chat room option would be preferred. If a parent wants to protect their child, it is very easy to disable WiFi on a 3DS.

It seems as though players will be able to set up OU tournaments in the new Global Link, so a more fleshed out rule selection page in link battles/direct P2P WiFi challenges would be pretty great.

I'd love if the post game allowed inter-regional travel. One of the things that made generation 4 so massive was that it was spread across 3 regions instead of one or two.

I didn't realize how much I wanted console interactivity with the Wii U or NX until that reason rumor with Rainbow Greninja in the headline surfaced. I really enjoyed playing through My Pokemon Ranch to catch my first Mew. The fact that it left an offline option for something that rare, 5 years later, was unheard of. It was also awesome to get my collection in a single place and watch all the Pokemon interact. Bear in mind, the game I'm mentioning is possibly the most bare-bones example of connected games and was still great.

I'd like to see the "catch em all" mission renewed. Back in the Blue and Red days we had all kinds of checkpoints and rewards for seeing and catching percentages of the Pokedex. It added depth to the games that I enjoyed a lot. Since we'll be pushing 800+ Pokémon this gen, the amount of rewards possible for collectors is really high.

Other than that, a good post game would be great, as others have mentioned. GF has done it well before and now that they have a backbone to build off of we could really use some fleshed out content.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    --- A Multiversal threat .
    I'm sick of Digimon fans Downplaying Pokemon just because Pokemon never had a Multiversal threat like Brave Tamer/Cyder-sluth.

--- The 3rd Legendary pokemon is a Black Hole Pokemon!
    Its entire Body is like an Black hole that can suck up all matter So it threaten the world simply by existing therefore it was sealed long ago . Solgaleo and Lunala are the guardian of the seal.
    However , This pokemon has another Purified form where he control his power and stop being a threat to the world.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    What would make Sun and Moon "perfect" for you?

Not that this really disproves any point you're making, I was just reminded of this. :x

Except , Duskclops is not a universal threat and his feat only lies on Pokedex.
    I was talking about something like Unchainer ZeedMillniummon from Xros War Manga who suck all Data (Including an Attack the release the core temperature of a star) and keep becoming stronger.

Back