• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen What'd you use your Master Ball on?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    What'd you use your Master Ball on?
    In every generation, we are gifted a Master Ball during our journey. This is a very unique Poké Ball that will catch any Pokémon without fail. With all the legendaries roaming around Sinnoh and Johto, what did you decide to use your Master Ball on?

Years
    I used mine on Ho-Oh in SS, for some reason I found it incredibly hard to catch...

That made capturing the roaming beasts even harder though :/

Years
    I used it on Lugia in Soul Silver as far as I recall. Seems to be a common theme for me, using it on a version mascot.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    In Platinum I decided to not use my Master Ball so I still have it sitting around and I've caught all the legendaries avalaible so it won't see much use unless I use it on something crazy. In HGSS I'm pretty sure I used it on Lugia since I wanted to get on with the main story as soon as possible so I just chucked the Master Ball at it to get it over with.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
    I used it on Dialga during my first run of Diamond. But I'm currently doing a blue monotype challenge run and I might use it on Azelf since I'm thinking of making it the last member of my team.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    In both Diamond and Platinum, I usually saved my Master Ball for Cresselia. Why? Because I have a deep hatred of roaming Pokemon, and I just want catching them to be over and done with.

It's just so unfortunate that Platinum also has the birds. -.-

ChaddyCFC

Veteran PokéNerd
    Years
    I want to do something interesting/funny and see if I can just capture all three birds with a Pokeball or something. I did it in FRLG (which required an insane amount of Luck/Patience), I might as well try it again in Platinum!

I did a similar thing in Diamond. I got Dialga down to the lowest possible HP and, for the fun of it, threw a Pokeball, which actually caught it ^^ That was a good day.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2017
    I did a similar thing in Diamond. I got Dialga down to the lowest possible HP and, for the fun of it, threw a Pokeball, which actually caught it ^^ That was a good day.

Keep in mind that Dialga has a capture rate of 45 which is really good compared to most legendaries who have 3 :P.

Minato Riku

My Japanese Sweetheart
    Years
    Mine I used is either Ho-Oh, Lugia, Raikou or Entei in Both HG and SS for some reason but still the master ball is very rare.

Back