• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's the scariest thing to ever happen to you?

Years
  • In the spirit of Halloween (which is fast approaching), what's the scariest thing that has ever happened to you? If you can't think of anything just say what's the scariest thing you've heard about :)

For me, I was home alone one night on a school night and it was about 11:30 so I was asleep when all of a sudden I heard the loudest crash from downstairs that woke me up and set me on edge instantly. After a bit I plucked up the courage to turn on all the lights and venture downstairs to find that in the kitchen two of the shelves had both fallen off the wall and glasses and containers had smashed everywhere. Once I found out what had happened it wasn't that scary, but something about being woken up late at night from a loud crash in the darkness downstairs really freaked me out.

Years
  • I was in a car accident. Night, raining, on the highway going around 65 mph. A car that had been tailgating me tries to pass around me, hits the front tire of my car, sends me spinning across four lanes of traffic (which, I remind you, is going 65 mph). At one point my car is spun around and facing oncoming traffic and I can see the headlights of a car heading straight for me. Somehow no other car hits me and I end up on the other side of the highway without being injured, though I wasn't really ready to drive for a few days after that.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    being on suicide watch in a hospital definitely fucked me up, without question
    still shiver whenever i think about it

Sirfetch’d

I fell out of a moving vehicle when I was 3. Luckily we were only going up our driveway at about 5mph, otherwise it would have killed me.

Aside from that, I had some pretty scary moments back when I was going through severe depression about 2 years ago.

Years
  • I don't think there's any time that's really standing out to me! I would say a time my step father and I almost got into a wreck, but I've been in many near misses like that in other occasions.
    I guess my brother being away so much scares me? I care about him and want him to be safe.

Years
  • Also, getting hit by a car a few years ago really shook me up, I wasn't seriously injured but that was really scary.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    I was held up at gunpoint walking home from work that one night when I was 17. It actually happened around November and all he got was $5. I try not to think about it but when that time of year comes, it just kinda pops into my brain.

Years
  • The medication that was meant to be reducing my nausea also resulted in a fairly severe allergic reaction that caused muscles in my arm, face and mouth to lock up. I couldn't move my right arm properly, someone had to physically hold my mouth open to prevent my teeth from crushing each other and my tongue was rolling back into my mouth partially obstructing my airway and making it almost impossible to breathe (my nose was blocked at the time, go figure).

This was occurring during a time where I was on an anti-depressant that was actually making my anxiety and depression worse.

Yeah, that was terrifying and having people around who were assuming I was having a panic attack and not suffocating regardless of what I indicated was not very helpful in that regard.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    The scariest thing that ever happened to me was my dad's cousin coming to our house one night high on speed. I had to call the cops on him because he was telling my mom that people were coming to kill us. I took all my siblings into my brothers room, locked the door, and I called 911 while they all sat together. It was actually quite terrifying. He didn't have a gun, but he kept asking to get my dad's out of the closet because of the 'people that were coming to kill us'. He was crawling around on the living room floor, ducking behind furniture. He kept telling my mom to get down, too, that he could hear people saying they were coming. It was infinitely creepy.

The second scariest thing was when me (15 at the time) and my sister (13 at the time) were walking our trash cans down to the bin. We didn't live in the suburbs, we lived in the middle of no where. Our trash bin was about a quarter mile away from our house, down one longer stretch of road, and then around the corner down another shorter stretch. Unfortunately, all of our neighbors were redneck scum. Well, as we got to the end of the first road, there was a house on the left side. An old guy lived there, we knew him more or less because he would come down to our house asking for money or whatever. He was an alcoholic, no doubt about it; His friends that lived in the house next to him have been arrested before for cocaine, and prostitution. Not to mention we heard him IN BROAD DAYLIGHT selling weed to this guy who didn't even live in the neighborhood. (I'm not anti-weed; It's just that weed is illegal here.)

ANYWAYS -- as my sister and I got to the end of the road, like I said, his house was right there. Him and some other old guy pal of his were drunk off their rockers (mind you, it was around 1pm) and sitting on the front porch. They started whistling and catcalling at me and my sister. Let me remind you: I was FIFTEEN. My sister was THIRTEEN. I was so ****ing terrified I told my sister "We're turning around. Now."

We walked all the way back up to our house and at first my mom was angry cause we still had the trash cans, but then she saw I was bawling and I told her what happened and she was so angry at them. She called my grandpa, who lived right up the road from us, and he came over to their house and called them out on it. He was disgusted. It didn't turn out too well because they were drunk, so as my grandpa made his way back to our house we started hearing them yelling. "I'm gonna burn your ****ing house down!" they kept saying. It was so scary, dude. My grandpa had my mom get behind one of the vehicles while we waited for the police to arrive just in case they started firing.

Anyways, after that we were so terrified that we actually stayed at a hotel for about a week until my dad got home. (He works overseas and all the bad stuff seems to happen when hes gone.)

Later I was actually subpoenaed to court as a victim/witness/whatever but luckily the trial never actually happened because I was way too young and way too scared to know how to handle that; ESPECIALLY since those dumbass guys kept denying what happened.

Years
  • I've received the voodoo doll as a birthday present from my Ex. It was a horrible handmade creature in the trunk. That scared me!

Years
  • The scariest thing that ever happened to me was my dad's cousin coming to our house one night high on speed. I had to call the cops on him because he was telling my mom that people were coming to kill us. I took all my siblings into my brothers room, locked the door, and I called 911 while they all sat together. It was actually quite terrifying. He didn't have a gun, but he kept asking to get my dad's out of the closet because of the 'people that were coming to kill us'. He was crawling around on the living room floor, ducking behind furniture. He kept telling my mom to get down, too, that he could hear people saying they were coming. It was infinitely creepy.

The second scariest thing was when me (15 at the time) and my sister (13 at the time) were walking our trash cans down to the bin. We didn't live in the suburbs, we lived in the middle of no where. Our trash bin was about a quarter mile away from our house, down one longer stretch of road, and then around the corner down another shorter stretch. Unfortunately, all of our neighbors were redneck scum. Well, as we got to the end of the first road, there was a house on the left side. An old guy lived there, we knew him more or less because he would come down to our house asking for money or whatever. He was an alcoholic, no doubt about it; His friends that lived in the house next to him have been arrested before for cocaine, and prostitution. Not to mention we heard him IN BROAD DAYLIGHT selling weed to this guy who didn't even live in the neighborhood. (I'm not anti-weed; It's just that weed is illegal here.)

ANYWAYS -- as my sister and I got to the end of the road, like I said, his house was right there. Him and some other old guy pal of his were drunk off their rockers (mind you, it was around 1pm) and sitting on the front porch. They started whistling and catcalling at me and my sister. Let me remind you: I was FIFTEEN. My sister was THIRTEEN. I was so ****ing terrified I told my sister "We're turning around. Now."

We walked all the way back up to our house and at first my mom was angry cause we still had the trash cans, but then she saw I was bawling and I told her what happened and she was so angry at them. She called my grandpa, who lived right up the road from us, and he came over to their house and called them out on it. He was disgusted. It didn't turn out too well because they were drunk, so as my grandpa made his way back to our house we started hearing them yelling. "I'm gonna burn your ****ing house down!" they kept saying. It was so scary, dude. My grandpa had my mom get behind one of the vehicles while we waited for the police to arrive just in case they started firing.

Anyways, after that we were so terrified that we actually stayed at a hotel for about a week until my dad got home. (He works overseas and all the bad stuff seems to happen when hes gone.)

Later I was actually subpoenaed to court as a victim/witness/whatever but luckily the trial never actually happened because I was way too young and way too scared to know how to handle that; ESPECIALLY since those dumbass guys kept denying what happened.

These sound pretty bad Lataria, makes mine seem pretty pathetic haha.

Keep the scary stories coming guys, let's keep this thread going until halloween :3

MadHatter62

The Master of Sticks
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2017
    Lately? Hydroplaning in the school bus that I was driving. Luckily I didn't crash and there were no kids on board.

pastelspectre

Memento Mori★
    Years
  • i'm not sure. the scariest thing that probably happened to me..hm.. i don't think i've had one of those moments. but there was one time, that really stuck with me. long story short, my little sister was misbehaving and my dad thought it was a good idea to discipline her in our apartment hallway right near our apartment door. this dude heard my dad and came up and choked him, or tried to, and pushed him against the wall. my dad is deaf, so he didn't know what the dude was saying to him but they basically sort of argued about it and then CPS came later that day to check on us. it was scary. it wasn't the scariest thing ever of course, but it still does stick with me considering it happened in middle school and i'm a high school graduate now.

Rin Sohma

Walking on the beach with her Vaporeon
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Mar 31, 2017
    I used to work at a chain store, and one morning they asked me to pick something up from another location where I'd never been to bring in. I was working opening, so it was before 6 am when I left my house, and it had just started to snow. By the time I made it to the area the other location was, the roads were completely covered with snow and I had no idea where I was going. My car got stuck on train tracks and had to call emergency services.

Once I called the police came pretty quickly and shut down the train, so my car was fine and towed off the tracks. But realizing I was stuck on train tracks in an unfamiliar place in the dark and snow was freaky and I was seriously anticipating my car being carried off. And the cops were all making fun of me when they came which I didn't really appreciate lol. I'm not so much afraid of trains now, but railroad crossings give me anxiety on sight and I get chills whenever I see the lights start going to signal an incoming train.

Back