• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's your favorite gym design/layout?

Days
    • He/Him/My Lordship
    • Seen Nov 18, 2023
    I always think about Spikemuth Gym.
    First, the whole town IS the gym and you get the feeling that everyone there supports the gym and its ideals with their whole hearts.
    (I hate admitting it's a cool thing because I loathe loathe LOATHE sports and this game had a big football/soccer theme…)
    The leader is such a bad ass as well, he knows he can't dynamax but he doesn't give a damn, even when he's in the tournament, he still ignores it.
    Most memorable for its atmosphere and leader for me.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Liked Viola's big spiderweb gym in X/Y, visually-speaking. Fit Bug types well. Looked better than Bugsy's gym.

Appreciates Korrina's gym in X/Y in terms of function. Makes sense as a building. Dealt with trainers standing by idly in most gyms. Sees this gym's trainers actually doing something and having a good reason to be there.

Adds Opal's gym too, from Sword/Shield. Liked the interview idea (albeit more for receiving a badge, less for becoming a gym leader). Sizes you up while you battle. How often do gym leaders watch the gym trainer battles? Made it feel like those battles at least kind of mattered.

Years
  • For me, I think the contender of best goes to Whitney's. Sure it's not too interesting, but for me it's both the nostalgia of the boss itself (and how memorable she was due to not giving us the badge right away) and also the fact that it's shaped like a Clefairy. Adorable!

For most annoying/worst (to me) it's probably Tate & Liza and Volkner.

Years
  • I think probably Snowpoint City Gym is pretty cool. Nice concept, little challenging puzzle. I like Volkner's too tbh. And a very nice one is Marlon's.

Years
  • I'm not sure if it's my favorite, but the first to come to mind is Sootopolis'. It's a Water gym with a pretty good ice puzzle.

If I just think about which Gym was the prettiest, I really liked Anistar City's. You walk on glowy colorful walkways in what looks like space.

Laverre City's dollhouse Gym stands out as pretty unique too.

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Elesa's gym in BW2! The presentation is incredible.
    I adore Elesa's gym in BW2. Definitely one of my favourites.

I've always enjoyed stuff like Pryce's, Wallace's, and Marlon's gyms because I think the movement-based puzzles are fun. Those are definitely my favourites. Skyla's gym in BW2 is like that as well. Fantina's gym in Platinum always felt unique, having to sneak around and discover the correct path, and was such a massive improvement from the math questions.

I don't really think I'd find many people disagree with me saying Lt. Surge's gym has always kinda gotten a groan out of me. Never been a fan of it.

Years
  • I adore Elesa's gym in BW2. Definitely one of my favourites.

I've always enjoyed stuff like Pryce's, Wallace's, and Marlon's gyms because I think the movement-based puzzles are fun. Those are definitely my favourites. Skyla's gym in BW2 is like that as well. Fantina's gym in Platinum always felt unique, having to sneak around and discover the correct path, and was such a massive improvement from the math questions.

I don't really think I'd find many people disagree with me saying Lt. Surge's gym has always kinda gotten a groan out of me. Never been a fan of it.

I can't blame Lt. Surge for having that type of Gym design as a veteran though.

Back